Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
hmm, i havent had any of these things in my games. i guess im just in the cool queue krew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Verviticus posted:

hmm, i havent had any of these things in my games. i guess im just in the cool queue krew

I’m in this boat.

I mean on occasion I’m the aashole ruining it for everyone but otherwise ranked is fine.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
yeah my friend and I are doing a late climb to plat (we were plat last season placed gold and just sorta ignored it for a while) and while yeah some games are unsalvageable due to people just being hilariously mismatched for the most part everyone seems to be trying to win.

Last night we played with an aatrox who got wrecked in lane and did nothing the entire game for example, but in the game winning fight at the end there he was towerdiving with his knockup and passive. No one flamed him throughout the game and he kept on keeping on till the very end, ended up securing our win just by being there and trying to win. Meanwhile the enemy team's adc had gotten a penta and the entire postgame chat was the other teammates ragging on them, I think as long as your own team doesn't hound you most people will keep trying.

Exceptions of course, the ol 1/3/1 rule is a good standby (1 guaranteed loss, 1 win, 3 fightable games), but if you're on a significant streak there's prolly something else.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i knew i was in for a treat when my nidalee said "i'm chat restricted by the way"

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm trapped in Minneapolis for the next 13 hours.

:(

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Has any exciting league of legends news occured in the last 5 days

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am possibly the first person who has been accused of kill stealing outside of a bot game in the past five years

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Exceptions of course, the ol 1/3/1 rule is a good standby (1 guaranteed loss, 1 win, 3 fightable games), but if you're on a significant streak there's prolly something else.

What I usually find is that loss streaks tend to be a really unlucky alternating combo of games where you suck poo poo and feed and games where your team sucks poo poo and feeds. I'm currently on a 6-game losing streak and probably half of them were me feeding my rear end off, while the other half were me crushing botlane and then the rest of the map becoming a shambles. It happens, and there's no real remedy except to keep playing.

I find it helps to remember that even the best of the best have these occasional periods of time where they're stuck in constant loss hell for one reason or another. I like to go to op.gg and just browse through the Korean leaderboards and see their win/loss streaks in action. Even guys like Faker have had 7 or 8 game loss streaks before.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 7, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
the secret to enjoying league of legends is to learn to enjoy playing games where you are behind, as you suddenly manage to double the amount of fun you're having. If you can only contemplate enjoyment while ahead then you're doomed to feel frustrated.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Demoted from Silver 2 to Silver 4. I think I should stop playing league for a while..something's off.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

I'm trapped in Minneapolis for the next 13 hours.

:(

Minneapolis/St. Paul is nice as hell, gently caress you

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its curtains for Kevin posted:

the secret to enjoying league of legends is to learn to enjoy playing games where you are behind, as you suddenly manage to double the amount of fun you're having. If you can only contemplate enjoyment while ahead then you're doomed to feel frustrated.

This is true, I don't mind at all playing games where I'm behind. When you get used to it the game becomes a lot more relaxing, and it's a great feeling to bounce back from a losing match.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

How Rude posted:

Minneapolis/St. Paul is nice as hell, gently caress you

it is very nice and does feel more like home. i just dont want to be here

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

it is very nice and does feel more like home. i just dont want to be here

Where are you stuck? There's a couple really cool places to check out. Barring that, go get a juicy lucy (at a good place not some chain) they're great.

Still haven't found a place in 'Murrica that does poutine proper though. It's rather ironic that America, of all places, can't make a good plate of fat and cheese.

E: Also the Trynd climb is still real. Hot-streaked from plat 5 0 lp right to promos, dropped a game (and it was close). Dude is a monster why did I stop playing him?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Also, shout out to all the folks struggling in the climb this time of year, don't forget to pray or pay homage to your patron saint.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm pretty glad I heaved my fetid carcass across the line into Gold 5 months and months ago and now I can just gently caress around in normals and arams while I wait for that sweet, sweet skin to roll in.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I don't have a problem playing from behind, I know there's always room to come back in the poo poo teirs. My problem is that no one wants to play the drat game. As soon as someone dies everyone starts raging at each other and half the time someone purposely feeds because of it. I had never even known reports meant anything until this week when I got 3 "action has been taken usually one is enough to stop them blah blah blah" messages back.

Did I end up in some special rear end in a top hat queue? Put here because my computer or the game itself crashed enough that it thinks I'm some habitual abandoner, forced to forever play in a team of all yas mains?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

God bless this incredibly stupid quest

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 7, 2017

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I somehow had the all-melee quest complete after I did an ARAM. It wasn't a 5-man premade and we didn't have all melee champs, even. Not complaining though.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
There I sit, hiding deep in the brush of the enemy jungle. A yas runs within inches of me, his blade still coated in the fresh blood of a ferocious jungletoad, but he pays me no attention. He's locked onto an enemy, his one true enemy, a yasua, pushing up his mid lane as far as it can go. He sits and waits, and waits, and waits. About three seconds. He catches a glance from his partner, yas, and he knows.

The time is now!

Bursting forth from the bush, yas and yas both charge at the enemy midlaner! Who slowly turns around and walks a few steps behind his mid tower.
THWARTED!

"loving nggier jungle! REPORT YAS!"

They furiously type in unison, each blaming the other for not stopping the yas that so obviously deserved to die.
Yet admist all the flames, neither noticed the tiny red dot cutting straight through the middle of the minimap. A tiny red dot, moving with the speed of a thousand cyclones, honing straight in on it's victim: yas.

Yas bursts through the bushes, a flurry of racist insults peppered with mispellings of the word noob. The words DOUBLE KILL ring out across the land, heard from the depths of the river through the heart of the jungle. A lone warrior, once sitting safely in lane hears the call. He knows what he must do. He will avenge his allies. Yas than starts his teleport mid...

AND so the yases go one by one, each honoring the way of the warrior before him

"loving bullshit lag and my mouse died" a lone yas taunts from beyond the grave at the two yases he had charged at

"My real account is Plat I'm just bored and not trying xDxD" shouts another yas, attracted to the fight by the freshly spilled blood of his ally

Then the cries of "SO CLOS FUCKIGN LUCKY gently caress" come from one of the original yases, his blood once again spilled in the same spot as before.

But no, yas is a noble warrior, the deadliest of assassins, a destroyer of galaxies and ruler of universes. Yas is omnipotent and death is never his fault.

"Report singed! No team fight wtf NOOOOB" the symphony of the dead rings out, drowning out the sounds of falling towers, drowning out the final screams of once great dragons, drowning out the thousands of screams of minions once mindlessly marching towards the death and destruction of everything they see.

A body, lifeless just seconds ago, stirs to life. The formerly dead great warrior Yas sets his sights on a new target: yas, with 2+ members of his team taking down yet another dragon. Yas looks at his towers, than looks at his lanes, than looks at the other members of his team not respawning for 15 more seconds, and he knows what he must do...

"Report singed and jg no gank!" Echoes out his warcry as he gloriously raises his blade to the heavens, blind to everything but the deaths of his enemies just paces downriver, soon followed by even more echoing cries:

"An ally member has been slain"

"Report jungle!
loving NOOBS
And top no team fight noob
PTM"

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Why do Fiora players think Trynd is a good match-up for them?

It's really not. Rengar ganked me at level 2, I managed to spin and flash my way down to Gragas and turn things into a clean(ish) two kill sweep for us. Then I just proceeded to poo poo all over Fiora who thought she was good and kept trying to all-in me at 6. Dodging Vitals/Q in lane is like... super easy and predictable and then you get punished because I crit your face into dust. Taking away a BF sword+ worth of AD during trades is also helpful.

I cast my ult twice all game. And one of them was at the end game screen.

E: Also my question isn't rhetorical, I legitimately hope to hear from Keeby or someone else who plays Fiora. This is not the first time I've seen someone pick Fiora into Trynd and then go balls deep attempting to trade early (level 1/2) and get punished handily for it.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vermain posted:

What I usually find is that loss streaks tend to be a really unlucky alternating combo of games where you suck poo poo and feed and games where your team sucks poo poo and feeds. I'm currently on a 6-game losing streak and probably half of them were me feeding my rear end off, while the other half were me crushing botlane and then the rest of the map becoming a shambles. It happens, and there's no real remedy except to keep playing.

Had a 5 game lose streak yesterday as well. One was my fault because I Malzahar ulted their Leona instead of the Akali with a misclick, 3 were close for my play vs the opposing laner but other people hosed up hard, and one was an d/c at level 2 Rek'Sai.

Mikujin posted:

E: Also my question isn't rhetorical, I legitimately hope to hear from Keeby or someone else who plays Fiora. This is not the first time I've seen someone pick Fiora into Trynd and then go balls deep attempting to trade early (level 1/2) and get punished handily for it.

1. Fiora is a pubstomp/lane bully champion and everyone from C1 to B5 thinks they're a smurf pubstomper
2. Fiora can dash away from Trynd if he spins on her, Riposte to slow his chase when he yells chicken, and has much shorter cooldowns in general. When he goes all-in, she ults him and lifesteals back HP, and she can usually get all 4 vital procs and force his ult, and if he keeps all-inning her, she'll outheal his damage with her healing radius and he'll still be super low HP and then she can just proc another vital and kill him or he'll be fighting her so long that the jungle comes and the 2v1 him.
3. Trynd's level 1-5 are generally known to be terrible and really susceptible to being ganked and pushed out of lane
4. Trynd can only really split push and Fiora can 1v1 anything late game and is an effective tank killer in any situation, so she has more value during teamfights.

He beats her 100% late game though but he beats almost anyone late game except like, Malphite or Rammus with Frozen Heart, Thornmail, Randuin's Omen and like a fuckton of HP.

edit: If you ever play a lane into Trynd, try Rammus top with first item Bramble Vest and Ninja Tabi (duh) and laugh at Trynd's tiny small cock + balls as he taunts his way to his death repeatedly

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 7, 2017

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

rabidsquid posted:

i draw live action cartoons on youtube and make nine hundred million dollars a year but my hands all hosed up now and i can only play yorick in league of legends, and only in the support role and if i buy a sightstone my thumb stops working for twenty five minutes. please understand.

Don't dox me!!!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i am possibly the first person who has been accused of kill stealing outside of a bot game in the past five years

I see this like every other game in silver and it's always funny

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

Also, shout out to all the folks struggling in the climb this time of year, don't forget to pray or pay homage to your patron saint.

Looool

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Had a 5 game lose streak yesterday as well. One was my fault because I Malzahar ulted their Leona instead of the Akali with a misclick, 3 were close for my play vs the opposing laner but other people hosed up hard, and one was an d/c at level 2 Rek'Sai.

1. Fiora is a pubstomp/lane bully champion and everyone from C1 to B5 thinks they're a smurf pubstomper
2. Fiora can dash away from Trynd if he spins on her, Riposte to slow his chase when he yells chicken, and has much shorter cooldowns in general. When he goes all-in, she ults him and lifesteals back HP, and she can usually get all 4 vital procs and force his ult, and if he keeps all-inning her, she'll outheal his damage with her healing radius and he'll still be super low HP and then she can just proc another vital and kill him or he'll be fighting her so long that the jungle comes and the 2v1 him.
3. Trynd's level 1-5 are generally known to be terrible and really susceptible to being ganked and pushed out of lane
4. Trynd can only really split push and Fiora can 1v1 anything late game and is an effective tank killer in any situation, so she has more value during teamfights.

He beats her 100% late game though but he beats almost anyone late game except like, Malphite or Rammus with Frozen Heart, Thornmail, Randuin's Omen and like a fuckton of HP.

edit: If you ever play a lane into Trynd, try Rammus top with first item Bramble Vest and Ninja Tabi (duh) and laugh at Trynd's tiny small cock + balls as he taunts his way to his death repeatedly

There is no sweeter thing in life than getting 900 armour as malphite and right clicking a tryndamere to death with your 350 damage bitchslaps while he desperately tries to auto you at 0.4 attacks per second.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Wooooo got Gold by exclusively picking Janna and then, if she was banned, Rakan.

It's in flex queue so I won't get the border for the queue I play more often but I don't care, it'll be my first victorious skin and I'm going to treasure it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

It's really not. Rengar ganked me at level 2, I managed to spin and flash my way down to Gragas and turn things into a clean(ish) two kill sweep for us. Then I just proceeded to poo poo all over Fiora who thought she was good and kept trying to all-in me at 6. Dodging Vitals/Q in lane is like... super easy and predictable and then you get punished because I crit your face into dust. Taking away a BF sword+ worth of AD during trades is also helpful.

I cast my ult twice all game. And one of them was at the end game screen.

Fiora players do not like Trynd, at least players that know what they are doing. He is an awful match-up unless you can just camp him and get way ahead.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

rabidsquid posted:

As an alternative version, I had my mid laner complain that I one shot their adc because it didn't let them get an assist. They wanted me to just fatally wound the twitch, and then tank it for ten seconds, as Zyra support with no cds, to let them get the kill credit....

It happens at least up into plat I guess.

I also sometimes apologize for kill stealing as Bard (but do it on purpose anyway, I earned those kills~).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

Throughout all the years I've played LoL including this season, one of the constants I've seen is people who like to pick Katarina into Zyra thinking they automatically won the game. Out of every Zyra match-up I've seen this is probably the most disproportionately wrong one given how often it occurs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The most world historic never went away wrong thing of all time is sivir counters Caitlyn because you can spell shield traps.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ezreal counters blitzcrank

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

Fiora players do not like Trynd, at least players that know what they are doing. He is an awful match-up unless you can just camp him and get way ahead.

Yeah, this has been my experience. I was just curious to find out what Fiora players thought about the match-up because - kinda like what Elentor was saying - I've been seeing a stream of Fiora players who are picking into it like it's a favorable match-up. They then try to bully and trade and end up getting absolutely punished.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Boxman posted:

Wooooo got Gold by exclusively picking Janna and then, if she was banned, Rakan.

It's in flex queue so I won't get the border for the queue I play more often but I don't care, it'll be my first victorious skin and I'm going to treasure it.

Nice work!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The best way to counter Tryndamere is by picking some tanky dude that bullies hard like Garen, because bramble vest will make you cry.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

The best way to counter Tryndamere is by picking some tanky dude that bullies hard like Garen, because bramble vest will make you cry.

Or safe wave clear that just doesn't gaf like malz or karthus or something

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

I laugh whenever someone rushed Bramble Vest top ASAP because it's really not that great again him. I routinely kill tanky tops like Nasus who rush it first and then just out-scale.

The biggest problems for Tryndamere are counter-picks (Teemo, Darius, Garen) and jungle camping. Since your goal is to shove relentlessly and absorb all the CS a jungle who sits in your lane denies you a lot of money and/or murders you.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

ezreal counters blitzcrank

No, That's tank Fiddlesticks

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Also another PSA Jax does not counter Tryndamere at all. He's another one of those picks I see a lot of as a counter to Trynd.

The last one said "I'm a trynd main you took my pick so I countered you but my team was bad."

I killed him at level 2, 4, and 6. And then just proceeded to be everywhere and get objectives because that's what you do.

I'm also a REALLY big fan of Tiamat on Trynd, as well as Essence Reaver. Baffles me that people get confused when I get it, let alone criticize getting it before IE. 40% CDR is insanely good on Trynd since it means I have spins up every 6 seconds (-2 seconds every time I crit your dumb face) and my ult is on a 50 second CD (AKA every time you want to fight me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I can see ER being good as a first item since you get cdr when you have rage

• Locked thread