Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

When you're auto-piloting through selecting your friend leader, it turns out that (at least on a relatively small iPhone 5S screen) Yog and Radra look deceptively similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Glad I'm not the only one. A pleasant surprise every time

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My Yog team rocks all sub colors. :smugdog:

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Great, thanks for all the advice. It seems like I'm almost starting from scratch . I remember the game being a little bit complicated but now it seems crazy!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Konsek posted:

Great, thanks for all the advice. It seems like I'm almost starting from scratch . I remember the game being a little bit complicated but now it seems crazy!

Yeah, I can remember being a bit overwhelmed when I first started about 3 years ago. I thought it was just some match 3 time waster, then I googled something and discovered this thread, Reddit, PadX etc and realised that at some points a spreadsheet would be involved (I'd just kicked my Eve Online addiction, so the irony was noted)

I kind of stop and start, and every time I re-start there's a ton of stuff, but it's often QOL stuff (bye Pengrda, bye 10 min stamina) as well as loads of weird new gameplay, so it's always pretty sweet.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Anyone running pixel lightning as a leader?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love the Tues-Weds-Thurs-Fri Dungeon so much. I wish it was permanent or a coin dungeon or something

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Forever and a day ago, but I can if you need one.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Prowler posted:

Forever and a day ago, but I can if you need one.

Dope. My ID is 375 214 438. I'm just dicking around to see if I can make this all light team work so don't feel pressed to leave it up forever if you need the slot for something important.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
hey goons my phone died but I didn't quit PAD but it'll be two weeks

so don't purge [SA]Seeker, or do, I won't judge

at least I spent my pal point mails on literally hundreds of Tamadra before my phone kicked the bucket :shobon:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Do you need her specifically or just a compatible light row lead? When I was running Pixel Lightning during the snowglobe time attacks I used Ameno friends.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Dope. My ID is 375 214 438. I'm just dicking around to see if I can make this all light team work so don't feel pressed to leave it up forever if you need the slot for something important.

Request sent!

Man this Tamadra machine needs to stay forever. All of these random monsters that would make good inherits or good on hypothetical teams are now "variety," not potential.

It's pretty awesome to see a x2 multiplier on a normal 3 orb match of enhanced orbs.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

As a point of advice for a total newb, is the starter guide in the OP still a worthwhile guideline?

Basically I clear up to Castle of Satan, putting eggs into the machine during a God Fest, and selling my crap monsters that drop?

Key question of mine: What should I do to make my lead monster better? All of the gods that are recommended for re-rolls are max level. Do I just try and evolve them?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

unless it's like grimlock or something, I wouldn't recommend selling anything you roll from the rem. even then you may as well hold onto it just in case. also don't feed rem stuff to other monsters. but yea just go as far as you can and save the stones you get for a godfest. player's choice is next month and we've got a new pantheon coming as well

evolving your stuff does make them better, yea. awoken evo's might be out of your league for now but don't worry if you can't fully evolve everything yet. use all your pal points on the pal machine while the tamadra event is still going

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Gameko posted:

As a point of advice for a total newb, is the starter guide in the OP still a worthwhile guideline?

Basically I clear up to Castle of Satan, putting eggs into the machine during a God Fest, and selling my crap monsters that drop?

Key question of mine: What should I do to make my lead monster better? All of the gods that are recommended for re-rolls are max level. Do I just try and evolve them?

The starter guide is extremely out of date, particularly the reroll list. Just aim to clear dungeons for the stones so you can roll more, try to rush rank 50 to be able get free rolls from some events as well as being able to see some dungeons in the list.

Ult evo'ing your stuff is by far the best way to get some extra oomph out of your teams, particularly when the leader skills can change dramatically. Awoken forms might be the hardest for you right now because they'll need descend bosses that you may not be able to clear yourself at the moment, but they're typically the best form to pick and someone can likely carry you if you ask around on the Discord.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
game8's reroll list hasn't changed much in months, and the general strategy has remained similar: the best rerolls are for either current meta monsters that require little team synergy, or full board changers

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
My advice for a starting mon is to go with any 5* or higher mon that isn't either ridiculously difficult to proc (Ra, Anubis) or has no offensive benefit at all (Ganesha). Between co-ops and good friend leaders, you should be able to clear enough stuff and rack up enough stones to get yourself a nice variety of REM mons.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

My advice for a starting mon is to go with any 5* or higher mon that isn't either ridiculously difficult to proc (Ra, Anubis) or has no offensive benefit at all (Ganesha). Between co-ops and good friend leaders, you should be able to clear enough stuff and rack up enough stones to get yourself a nice variety of REM mons.

While I agree with your overall point, I think that friend leads are strong enough and that Ra and particularly Ganesha have enough miscellaneous utility that if a newcomer rolled one, I would tell them to keep them, use friend leads and coop to rack up five more stones and consider the next roll their starting leader.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

The only good reroll advice I can give is to play on the JP server.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ChikoDemono posted:

The only good reroll advice I can give is to play on the JP server.

This is the correct answer.

Anyways, they need to put some good subs (as in 2017-good) in the MP shop because I just checked and nothing really caught my attention. Just something for newer players to round their teams with for 300k or so that they can buy one after one of those monthly 10k mp a day events.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, right now, in JP the super mech rush is giving one SDR tama per clear. Solo it (or better yet, you do it coop) to get as many of those suckers as you can.

Seems like the blue monster hunter and yog are the popular teams.

Silentplanet
Oct 14, 2012

Any news on whether this is coming to aus on iPhones yet?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Probably not. Make a US or JP iTunes account and get it that way.

Silentplanet
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah I've been trying to do that, the older methods don't seem to be working anymore. I can't use a payment method because the bank instantly blocks the verification transaction as it's sus. Bummer!

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034

Try buying a free game in the US itunes store and make a new account. There should be an option to select "none" for payment method.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Screw all y'all who knocked me out of 25% in the ranking dungeon.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
git gud

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ChikoDemono posted:

Screw all y'all who knocked me out of 25% in the ranking dungeon.

What happened at 25%?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

It's my personal best and I refuse to get better.

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!
Anyone on NA have to Mizutsune Scales (and potentially one claw) they'd be willing to trade? I know that MH will probably be coming back soon but i'm trying to help someone make their BH to get their coop game off the ground.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ChikoDemono posted:

It's my personal best and I refuse to get better.

Lol.

Anyways, the rewards for the "no continue quests" in JP are pretty good. You have to do them solo so it's like 100 stamina a pop but you get rainbow piis, noel dragons, 10,000 mp, jewels of creation and the like for clearing old dungeons.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

randoark posted:

Anyone on NA have to Mizutsune Scales (and potentially one claw) they'd be willing to trade? I know that MH will probably be coming back soon but i'm trying to help someone make their BH to get their coop game off the ground.

I have the scale, DM me in the Discord. Same name there as here.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is anyone here taking care of accounts ? I'm not really playing anymore but I also don't want to let 1500 days go to waste.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Is anyone here taking care of accounts ? I'm not really playing anymore but I also don't want to let 1500 days go to waste.

If no one needs the account, I'm the local crypt keeper.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
its hard to keep track of what I even have haha.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Mason Dixon posted:

When you're auto-piloting through selecting your friend leader, it turns out that (at least on a relatively small iPhone 5S screen) Yog and Radra look deceptively similar.

I've done anubis/kushi a few too many times due to kushi and diablos being right next to each other and both green.

Some of the accidental combos I've done have worked well. That is not one of them, especially with zero healer subs.

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!

FrickenMoron posted:

Are you looking to give away your account or just someone to hold it? I'm looking for a developed account to use as an alt partner for my own since my wife took mine.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

FrickenMoron posted:

You're leaving us!?!? :(

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Kuros posted:

You're leaving us!?!? :(

I've been on 1-2 dungeons a day for almost half a year now to be honest. But I want the account to be in good hands, and yeah I'd give it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FrickenMoron posted:

I've been on 1-2 dungeons a day for almost half a year now to be honest. But I want the account to be in good hands, and yeah I'd give it away.
I may be nearing that point, too, but I've had slumps before. I'm basically logging in for gift dungeons now.