Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I say Thanos or Dormy. Thanos especially if you get his uniform. From there corvus and ebony are pretty equal and BD is pretty poop. not sure where witch falls in yet.

I hit a milestone today. At long, long last.

Does this mean I can stop playing?

Also peep this bonus point award. I will never be this lucky again:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Erdricks posted:

I have thanos, dormy, ebony maw, black dwarf, corvus, and scarlet witch left for bam growth dudes. Who should get my bam next?

What are your goals right now? Because maxing our Corvus or Ebony will be a lot quicker.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

The Dave posted:

What are your goals right now? Because maxing our Corvus or Ebony will be a lot quicker.

I don't have goals. Just shame. But I should probably do someone who can help me get WBU kills.... who among those is the best for that?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Oh hey a Punisher event starts on Tuesday

Hope that's a hint that Netflix is gonna do the mystery drop for the show next week

Because that would be rad as hell

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
It feels like they're just wasting time because the update isn't going to drop until Thor comes out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, this doesn't seem like an update, just an "event" like the "Moon Knight Event" ending or the holiday "events" that happen. Sometimes they connect to an update but sometimes they just run them to keep stuff going within updates. Which I like.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I wouldn't mind if they kept the moon knight event going forever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the daily boost bonuses were cool. I'm going to have to totally readjust my daily routine without them. Plus I'm stockpiling hidden tickets for the next Quest Pack.

I just got 150 Black Bolt bios from a Legendary box in World Invasion. Is he worth T2ing or should I just feed his bios to Jean Grey? He'd probably help me in Shadowland if he can clear a stage on his own with T2 (right now i team him with Thor and Ghost Rider) but I'm already clearing Floor 15 consistently so I don't have a huge NEED. And I still think I need Jean to get Cable.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

T2 Bolt + Costume is pretty cool and can solo a lot of floors. You basically activate his immunity then spam all your attacks and use the one with stun last (3) to buy you time to go back to immunity.

Slar
Apr 24, 2013
Applied to Marble Hebrons — ig name Gornl

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Was looking at my cards and trying to find upgrades, decided to do one pull on the new card chest for fun...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cinara posted:

Was looking at my cards and trying to find upgrades, decided to do one pull on the new card chest for fun...

Holy poo poo

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Applied to Doctor Goons as Jawdins

Hook me up bros

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Welp I wasn't paying attention and now I have 130 event tokens forever in my inventory.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The Dave posted:

Welp I wasn't paying attention and now I have 130 event tokens forever in my inventory.

:same:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
At least you can sell them for a pittance of gold.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have a grave yard of event tokens.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I had 290 I didn't spend (the rewards were poo poo, I only bought hidden tickets) and you scared the poo poo outta me

You can sell them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The boost rewards were cool. I had developed a pattern where five minutes before the reset I'd grab all teh daily energy I hadn't used before it reset and then right after the reset I'd grab the boosts and just clear like 30 or 40 Dimension shift stages. Some days I had all 3 completion rewards within 15-60 minutes.

Gotta adapt to a whole new format now. Have to remind myself those Dimension Shift completion awards aren't that important. They had just gotten so easy with the boosts. And I got a few nice little bonus prizes from them like hidden tickets, a couple of 6 star isos, and a 4 star ticket.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dimension Rifts are very important not for the clear rewards, but just for the cards themselves

Nothing impacts the meta like cards, it is actually impossible to overstate their importance; and building good cards is a marathon, not a sprint

(Especially since we haven't seen the 2x 6* card deal in god knows how long; I still consider it probably the best deal in the game)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I know, but the truth is I'm way too casually dismissive of cards and I'm more focused right now on rank up material and collecting bios (less for the individual characters and more for the native T2). And as you said, its a marathon that I don't fully understand so it feels more like a long term goal than something to focus on for a week or two like when I say "I really want to get X ranked up" or "I really want to save/earn the gold/material to use for Y."

Like I said, I was burning 30-40 dimension stages the last week or two and I liked that new format. But if energy is constricted since I don't have the bonus boost then I'd rather direct that towards Tracking (for the bios), Epic (for the rank up material), Daily (for the gold), and Special (for the gear). But hopefully I can still get in my 20-30 dimension shift stages when its all said and done.

On day I'll post my cards to you guys and let you tell me what I'm doing wrong. But for now I've got other stuff to keep my busy.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Uniform upgrade kits are also important as you get further in, even if you don't have the supporting uniforms an extra 10% attack/defense is still a solid bonus. Especially for characters like the X-Men(besides Wolverine) where their uniforms use up a lovely material you don't need for much of anything else.

But there's a lot of uniforms where the supporting unis are really common meta uniforms so you may have them already. And getting characters like Sharon, Thanos or whatever boosted up helps a ton for Timeline/Battleworld.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I long ago realized that the value of Dimension shifts is in the debris, cards, and uniform kits.

I'm not ignoring that. Its just a matter of energy allocation. The bonus boost points allowed me to do all my daily stuff, all 4 tracking missions, 3-9 Invasions, 20-40 Dimension, and 10-30 Story in any given day with 100+ energy left to stash for the next day. Without them I always feel like i have to choose to skip one or two of the Tracking, Dimension, Story, or Invasion. Which is fine. I've always managed that based on priorities or interests. I just got greedy and complacent during the Moon Knight event.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I still upgrade cards because I don't have perfect rolls on cards. RNG for cards is loving brutal, and I've been doing rifts for months and months. The energy cost combined with how much it takes to get a 6* card is really bad.

My question: who are the premier WB strikers? I don't have Thanos, Wanda or Apoc, but given every other character who would you use (corvus dodge ignore strikers excluded)?

b0ng fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 10, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

b0ng posted:

I still upgrade cards because I don't have perfect rolls on cards. RNG for cards is loving brutal, and I've been doing rifts for months and months. The energy cost combined with how much it takes to get a 6* card is really bad.

My question: who are the premier WB strikers? I don't have Thanos, Wanda or Apoc, but given every other character who would you use (corvus dodge ignore strikers excluded)?

Jean Grey is probably the best WB striker now. She strikes for more damage than anyone else and gives 10% energy attack AND 5% fire damage, and she time stops the bosses.

Dr. Strange and Dormammu are probably the next best strikers, a class below Jean. They both do a lot of damage directly and give 10% energy attack.

Everyone else is kind of a class below them IMO. Odin, Sharon Rogers, Cyclops, Thanos even though you said you don't have him. They're all really good, and I assume Cable is too but mine is still level 55 so I'm not sure. Ancient One gives 10% damage against supervillains and sometimes drops heal bubbles, so (s)he's really good if you are struggling.

The rest of the Black Order are solid B class strikers now I think, especially Proxima and Supergiant.

e: to give you an idea of how easy it gets, when I use T1 Songbird's auto attack and literally no other skills I can kill any of the world bosses (except infinity Thanos and Corvus) in less than 15 seconds when using Jean, Strange, Odin, Dormammu, and Thanos as my strikers.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 10, 2017

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Sharon isn't as good as a striker because all her damage comes from her 3 skill. Without it she hits a lot softer. I'd put her below Prox.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stunt Rock posted:

Sharon isn't as good as a striker because all her damage comes from her 3 skill. Without it she hits a lot softer. I'd put her below Prox.

I thought so too until I ranked her uniform up to Mythic and she still hits harder than almost anyone else, plus the 10% bonus damage.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, I constantly roll with a mix of Jean, Thanos, Odin, Doorman, Wolverine, Strange, and Sharog.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Whelp so I used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

I was teased by some forums poster that said he bought the new card pack and got the GotG card, so I wondered how much it cost... 675? That's less then the :10bux: I was expecting

Had a couple thousand just from the daily deal, what the hell:

WOW I wonder how it rolled:

loving TRIFECTA, YES bout TIME i got a lucky break in this game and I CLUTCHED THE GRENADE LAUNCEHR

Final stats, still not gr8:

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

thechalkoutline posted:

Whelp so I used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

I was teased by some forums poster that said he bought the new card pack and got the GotG card, so I wondered how much it cost... 675? That's less then the :10bux: I was expecting

Had a couple thousand just from the daily deal, what the hell:

WOW I wonder how it rolled:

loving TRIFECTA, [url=https://youtu.be/oYmqJl4MoNI?t=16]YES bout TIME i got a lucky break in this game and I CLUTCHED THE GRENADE LAUNCEHR

You have the exact guardians card down to the rolls and quality. That's soo eerie (search HotballsJohnson if you want to take a peek.

Also got a few friends spots open send them through

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
I too have that exact same card. Except it took me about 3 months of rerolling it to get it in that state. Congrats

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
How's Nintendo SWitch in pvp modes on auto, stuff like Alliance Conquest? I keep seeing her in Timeline but Quicksilver just rolls her every time.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Cinara posted:

How's Nintendo SWitch in pvp modes on auto, stuff like Alliance Conquest? I keep seeing her in Timeline but Quicksilver just rolls her every time.

Her AI/auto scripting is kind of mental because from what I've seen she avoids using her 5 skill, and she's really squishy and doesn't do a whole lot of damage until her 4 and 5 skills get going, so she suffers from the initial cooldown penalty at the start of matches in TL/BW. Haven't tried her in Conquest yet but I would assume she'd be good there, she does a truckload of area damage. Her 4 skill persists through death which can lead to some funny things like her dying in TL while her chaos spheres kill the next two opponents.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I know I shouldn't even consider hitting that drat button but somehow it's calling to me! :negative: Resisting for 16 more days is gonna be hell!
I don't have enough feathers after Cable anyways so he'd just be sitting at lvl 40 or 45.

In unrelated news, did speed BW and a 55 QS killed my fully built KK, QS, hobo spidey, 20.99$ and the required daredevil (not built). It was autoplay but still, WTF!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Quicksilver is the new PVP meta now, op

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Every combat BW ends with two wolverines mashing their faces together until it times out. I got through maybe three people with crap teams and then I've had four draws in a row, lol.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NmareBfly posted:

Every combat BW ends with two wolverines mashing their faces together until it times out. I got through maybe three people with crap teams and then I've had four draws in a row, lol.

Oh good, it wasn't my own private hell.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
shadowlands helper, recommends what characters to use and their rotation
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xYuTPRiQRnPCsCiOy1Ava4-8PZguD9L2ubU8VjSlzsY/edit#gid=210833455

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I downloaded this game today cause I was bored. Can I join one of the goon alliances? I don't care which or understand the difference. My in game name is "recliiner"