Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
You know, if you live in a society that is A) capitalist and B) has a military, Northrop Grumman is going to exist. The weird thing, really, is just how shilly it was--like if you had bespoke characters dressed in Coca-Cola uniforms it would be almost as gross. Also, this was the comics division right? Those guys have to be some real second stringers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The MSJ posted:

Isn't this also the company that sold defective aircrafts to the military?

You may have to be more specific.

porfiria posted:

You know, if you live in a society that is A) capitalist and B) has a military, Northrop Grumman is going to exist. The weird thing, really, is just how shilly it was--like if you had bespoke characters dressed in Coca-Cola uniforms it would be almost as gross. Also, this was the comics division right? Those guys have to be some real second stringers.

I'm pretty sure that almost literally happened.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ha ha ha, Northrop Grumman have also scrubbed all mention of Marvel comics from their website, and the page listed on the posters is gone.

https://twitter.com/northropgrummanTwitter background still has Marvel on it, lmao. This is hilarious, and I'm glad people called Marvel out hard on this poo poo. Idiots.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

Isn't this also the company that sold defective aircrafts to the military?

Inescapable Duck posted:

You may have to be more specific.

Yeah they sold a lot of stuff to a lot of militaries

quote:

U.S. State Department investigators found that Litton Industries, a subsidiary acquired by Northrop Grumman in 2000, had provided portions of source code used by guidance and navigation system interfaces aboard Air Force One to a company in Russia in 1998. Northrop Grumman agreed to pay a $15 million fine for 110 violations, occurring between September 1998 and November 1998, of the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

Additionally, documents filed by the State Department state that between 1994 and 2003, Northrop Grumman failed to notify the U.S. State Department about the computer guidance systems also being transferred to Angola, Indonesia, Israel, China, Ukraine and Yemen.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

posters that told kids that working for NG was the closest they'd get to working for Tony Stark.

Well isn't it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Electromax posted:

Well isn't it?

Working for Elan Musk is actually the closest you're going to get to actually working for Tony Stark.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or working for RDJ

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Well we all know how Disney is preferring to rehash safe already existing properties so the are just prepping for Korean Conflict: Nuclear Bugaloo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Apparently the partnership has actually been cancelled entirely.

This is a quote given to screenrant

jivjov fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 7, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe next they'll cancel their crypto-rightist movies.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Not my military industrial complex

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

jivjov posted:

Apparently the partnership has actually been cancelled entirely.

This is a quote given to screenrant

Lol "we just wanted to focus on the fun, hip parts of working for a military contractor"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's almost like you could have partnered up with literally any company that actually focuses on that instead of these fuckheads.

"No, no, we wanted to team up with the KKK because we wanted to explore the deep, rich history of the united states!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Burkion posted:

It's almost like you could have partnered up with literally any company that actually focuses on that instead of these fuckheads.

"No, no, we wanted to team up with the KKK because we wanted to explore the deep, rich history of the united states!"
Yeah if they wanted to teach kids STEM they could have just partnered up with I don't know NASA or hell I would take Elon Musk and his dumb bullshit over war profiteers

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
[quote="“Guy A. Person”" post="“477144720”"]
Lol “we just wanted to focus on the fun, hip parts of working for a military contractor”
[/quote]

Which conveniently reduces wages

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah if they wanted to teach kids STEM they could have just partnered up with I don't know NASA or hell I would take Elon Musk and his dumb bullshit over war profiteers

Nah not even Elon Musk.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm actually kinda stunned that they canceled it. Apparently getting dunked on constantly actually has an effect.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Nah not even Elon Musk.
Yeah its hard to think of any good STEM focused private companies because wouldn't you know they are run cold sociopaths and workers are treated like garbage.

But yeah stuff like NASA or NSF could have been made with no backlash whatsoever except for I don't know flat earthers and climate change denialists who say that NSF bribes scientists with funds to make up bullshit data.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Serf posted:

I'm actually kinda stunned that they canceled it. Apparently getting dunked on constantly actually has an effect.

I wonder if their Marvel Unlimited subscriptions took a hit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One factor to keep in mind is Disney

Disney without a doubt approved of the deal, and they also almost certainly were the ones who ended it when it started to impact their brand

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bob Iger supports Hillary Clinton, and those rockets she's going to fire on Syria have to come from somewhere!

You have to wonder why he would want to be on Trump's advisory board, though. He did quit but only after Trump's Charlotteville speech.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

achillesforever6 posted:

Or use Hammer Industries and AIM as your tie ins.

Hey kids, how about them Thunderbolts. They're here to get you excited about Northrop Grumman!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The MSJ posted:

You have to wonder why he would want to be on Trump's advisory board, though.

Because Iger turned Disney into a content factory (I still laugh at the idea of Toy Story 4, they're really going for broke) and desperately wants to keep getting the copyright laws extended so they can whore out Mickey Mouse for another few decades.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The MSJ posted:

You have to wonder why he would want to be on Trump's advisory board, though. He did quit but only after Trump's Charlotteville speech.

Trump's the president and Charlotteville was just the point where brand control overrode the advisory council being the most direct route to influence copyright.

e: beaten like marvel's twitter account

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
5 minutes later: We regret to inform you that the arms manufacturer is racist

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/carlinspace/status/916692922963128320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nice, you don't often see people go from being down with the man to being down with the man.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 7, 2017

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Well don't you remember that part in Super Fly where the militants get on Priest for not being down with the man?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well you see there's and 'down with the man' and then there's 'down with the man', if you get what I'm saying

Edit: neither of which are 'down with The Man'

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I'm actually sad they cancelled this, because now it's just back to being covert less overt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Serf posted:

Don't let anybody tell you you can't change the world.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

lol

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Not a empty quote

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

When written by wheden, ya

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

I must see this entire comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla