Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I'd get myself a bunch of soup bones and make soup, then reduce to fond.

InitialDave posted:

It sounds like they properly hosed up the discount system.

Fully agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

What's a good wifi light system? I've got a few Sylvania/Osram Lightify bulbs, which work fine but the app is pure poo poo. I'd like to go with something that has a "better" UI, in particular controlling bulb color temperature and output over time. The Lightify has a good circadian rhythm light flow, but you can't vary intensity through the day. I'd like that light flow, but I want it to go down to ~lowest setting at night.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Please put your IoT stuff on a Wireless Gateway. Keep it off your private WLAN.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Father Jack posted:

Going to see a 2010 tomorrow, it's listed as having 'auxiliary heating'. I'm in the UK, is it really possible that it's the full on, factory fitted, cold climate auxiliary heating? Or is it just a dickhead way of describing heated mirrors or something? If it's the full thing from the pdf that would be a big selling point to me.

cakesmith handyman posted:

It's hilariously unlikely but would be cool.

Yeah, didn't have it.

Bought it anyway, it's pretty nice.

The cooling fans are super loud, is that normal for a 2010 civic with the R18A2?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lmao sold an item i got for free in PUBG for 26 freakin dollars :wtf:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

InitialDave posted:

How do you even end up with that kind of situation? It sounds like they properly hosed up the discount system.

"Deregulation".

I don't get it either.

powah posted:

A Residential Usage Credit of $30.00 will be included for each billing cycle when your usage is between 500 kWh and 999 kWh. A $100.00 Residential Usage Credit will be included for each billing cycle when your usage is between 1,000 kWh and 1,500 kWh. There is no Residential Usage Credit for a billing cycle when usage is below 500 kWh or above 1,500 kWh.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gingerbread House Music posted:

also, why are clean late model TJs so hard to find now?

Because people cannot loving leave them alone and have to rape the aftermarket catalogue to "personalize" their jeep.

What really pisses me off is that I live in urban sprawl Florida where there isn't anywhere to go off roading for hundreds of miles yet all the local jeeps for sale are set up to do so. Clean unmolested Jeeps are becoming unicorns.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

But what about MUD'N?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Please put your IoT stuff on a Wireless Gateway. Keep it off your private WLAN.

Unless you've got STR's utilities, then you want your lightbulbs on a direct unsecured line to the internet.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Because people cannot loving leave them alone and have to rape the aftermarket catalogue to "personalize" their jeep.

What really pisses me off is that I live in urban sprawl Florida where there isn't anywhere to go off roading for hundreds of miles yet all the local jeeps for sale are set up to do so. Clean unmolested Jeeps are becoming unicorns.

It's only slightly better here. There's still no shortage of modified Jeeps with armor and custom bumpers that don't have so much as a scratch on them, let alone any dirt or Arizona pinstripes.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's getting to the point when it's cool to have a stock Jeep because nobody has one.

When i see completely stock Jeeps I want to hug the owner and say thank you.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Unless you've got STR's utilities, then you want your lightbulbs on a direct unsecured line to the internet.

Pfft, those things are LED. I need me some incandescents and halogens.

A friend offered to bring an old Sun E15k over, but I don't think my landlord would be a fan of me installing a new circuit (or twenty) to power that monster. Pretty sure the building would collapse from the weight too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hoo ha! Got the PT started and dumped enough coolant and PS fluid down it's throat to get it over to the scrapped and got $300 for it! That's $265 in profit!

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Also one less PT cruiser in existence which might be priceless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I deserve a medal.

I'm shocked I was able to get the battery back to life, it was from 2006.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So Blade Runner is pretty good, guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

Is it? Because if loving tanked.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao sold an item i got for free in PUBG for 26 freakin dollars :wtf:

What drat item? I could use $26 to get rid of a twitch mask or whatever.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It's getting to the point when it's cool to have a stock Jeep because nobody has one.

We're past that point.

These aren't even 'Jeep' Jeeps and they are fantastic for being untouched.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Seminal Flu posted:

What's a good wifi light system? I've got a few Sylvania/Osram Lightify bulbs, which work fine but the app is pure poo poo. I'd like to go with something that has a "better" UI, in particular controlling bulb color temperature and output over time. The Lightify has a good circadian rhythm light flow, but you can't vary intensity through the day. I'd like that light flow, but I want it to go down to ~lowest setting at night.
I have the Phillips Hue lights. App isn't terrible and they work, no complaints.

KakerMix posted:

We're past that point.

Commanche was on my truck search list, have always wanted one.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

KakerMix posted:

We're past that point.

That's a good deal poo poo, you should buy that. I paid more for my 1988 with pretty bad paint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want that Cherokee.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

We're past that point.

These aren't even 'Jeep' Jeeps and they are fantastic for being untouched.

Yeah Cherokees aren't exempt, but it's a lot easier finding unmolested Cherokees than Wranglers by far.

Also you gotta pay the Wrangler tax which doesn't help either, and then you have the people hiking up prices even more because OVERSIZED TIRES 8 INCH LIFT HEAVY DUTY WINCH MODZZZZZ

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So my brother's 08 Silverado's transmission took a poo poo, I know some people in the chat thread were talking Chevy truck trannys awhile back, about where to go and what to get anyone remember? My brother has a tendency to go to the wrong place and get ripped off on a regular basis if I don't tell him what to do.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

What drat item? I could use $26 to get rid of a twitch mask or whatever.

Lol it was a gray long jacket/trenchcoat

Price history indicated it was selling in the mid 30s at one point lol

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Yeah Cherokees aren't exempt, but it's a lot easier finding unmolested Cherokees than Wranglers by far.

Also you gotta pay the Wrangler tax which doesn't help either, and then you have the people hiking up prices even more because OVERSIZED TIRES 8 INCH LIFT HEAVY DUTY WINCH MODZZZZZ

One of my coworkers has an unmolested YJ.

Well, three decades of road salt have molested it in their own way...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Can't fit a lift kit if you can't get the suspension bolts undone!

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

So my brother's 08 Silverado's transmission took a poo poo, I know some people in the chat thread were talking Chevy truck trannys awhile back, about where to go and what to get anyone remember? My brother has a tendency to go to the wrong place and get ripped off on a regular basis if I don't tell him what to do.

Any reputable local rebuilder. Those transmissions should be bread and butter jobs for them. Don't get one off ebay, especially from monster.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yesterday at work I started noticing a post nasal drip and a bit of a sore throat, and by the end of shift at 1900 I had a fever and couldn't talk. Slept like garbage throughout the night, and woke up at around 2 AM to let the charge nurse know that I won't be in today (which sucks - that's a $200 day lost).

Plus side: Overwatch.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

That was me. I have an 01, and had the trans rebuilt by an ATRA shop and it was $2,300 and I think the case was the only part original. Took two weeks and came with a 3yr/50k warranty that covers me at any ATRA shop. Maybe check their website and see if there are any rebuilders near him.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

Lol it was a gray long jacket/trenchcoat

Price history indicated it was selling in the mid 30s at one point lol

That's awesome and hilarious. I couldn't care less what garbage my guy wears, I don't even have my models turned on in the UI but it is fun when everyone on our squad kits up the same way so when we get owned it's fun for whoever killed us.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Welp, just bought a second car from Carvana. CarMax wanted to take two weeks to bring in a car 8 hours away, and nothing else was available locally.

Bought another 2014 Tucson, but in grey this time, to replace the one we just bought.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

MrChips posted:

I am agreeing with this man.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

help, my bird isn't starting (youtube doubler link, can't embed)

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/59d976d540ab5-yrgfvoyurtegvfyterugfoyergfoyuerqgfr.php

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

When I see a stick shift Jeep now I want to hug the owner.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I found some old .prt files from when I used to doodle in cadkey. What's my best bet for opening the files and exporting them a picture format or something? I don't see anyone selling old copies of Cadkey '97 anymore.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

User Error posted:

Any of you gents have experience with newish Ford Escapes? The fiance wants a small SUV thing and likes the Escapes, but I've heard a few bad things. Turbos, transmissions, cooling system issues. Other people say the newer ones are fine.

We're thinking 15k-17k price range. I'm leaning towards the Mazda CX-5 myself but they are a little more scarce in our price range. I guess there are RAV-4s and CRVs as well, but bleehh.

We ended up getting a 2014 RAV4 with 30k miles. It has wheels and doors and a motor and whatever. I could have bought a nice e34 M5 with what we paid but oh well.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For 15k buy the newest CR-V or RAV4 you can find.

I mean, I enjoy Ford Escapes. I've driven a lot of them while in the natty guard as GOV transports everywhere, and they were all okay. From 2009 to maybe 2015 model years. That said, I haven't had to do any maintenance on them, so IDK. From what I gather based on the ambulance services and talking to our fleet mechanics at my (old ~3 weeks ago) day job, the Fords are more of a "find bad module, replace bad module"-style service. From HVAC computer modules, switch modules, door modules, lighting modules, etc. It's a fairly easy "pull-and-replace" methodology, but means not a lot is repairable for the big ticket items. Like every item is the brake booster on a Prius, if that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, we just got back from my 20 year reunion and I am floored. Almost every single person seemed genuinely pleased to see me. I got stopped for dozens of hugs and pictures and I have 29 friend requests on FB from classmates who want to reconnect. I just feel very warm and fuzzy tonight and I didn't need alcohol to get there.

• Locked thread