Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Those graphics look terrible in a late 90s way is the gameplay for real because I'm really
skeptical when people say they got a mobile arpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Those graphics look terrible in a late 90s way is the gameplay for real because I'm really
skeptical when people say they got a mobile arpg.

I played it for 10 minutes and it was exceptionally boring. Also I didn't find a single item or healing potion in that time so I just eventually died from slow attrition. Not my cup of tea at all.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

HonorableTB posted:

It's in the patch notes that they removed upgrading epic tokens to legendary ones and instead give you a 10% chance to create a legendary item when you try to craft an epic one.

someone awful. posted:

That's weird, I'm still turning my purple tokens into gold ones just fine?

e: and that chance had always been there, I get gold items from purple crafting every once in a while

Yeah that chance had always been there. Anyway the behaviour has gone back to normal now.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'm a huge rube and real late to the party but here's my Pocket Mine 3 code:
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=vhrp4861

Smesh
May 16, 2004
Slightly Sexeh.
Pocket Mine 3 chat: I've added everyone from the last few pages. If anyone else wants to add me, I'm http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=sdkr8967

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Hit me up on some of that pick on ore action

mbgj9024

I got a bunch of people already but 10 pages worth of codes is kinda hard to stay on top of

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=pfpb1441

Yeah I'mma be lame and post my code here. I added people from the past few pages.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Protip: all adding your Pocket Mine code here does is get you spammed by requests for items.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Piell posted:

Protip: all adding your Pocket Mine code here does is get you spammed by requests for items.

You get rewards for first ten friends and you can send requests to people after.

We need a thread.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Piell posted:

Plus you can spam others for items. Everybody wins!

Agoat posted:

You get rewards for first ten friends and you can send requests to people after.

We need a thread.

I could start a thread, when I get to my PC, if people want.

Edit: Also, I guess if anyone has anything they think should be in the OP post it here, and if anyone has a funny subject title suggest it, because I'm not very witty.

Pocket Mines 3: I dig this game!

Pocket Mines 3: There's exploding worms in my subterranean passage!

Pocket Minor 3: mining gold for Jimmy Savile's jewellery.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 8, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Agoat posted:

We need a thread.

You get rewards for adding ten friends, not being added

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Piell posted:

When I posted my link I maxed the rewards pretty fast.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Konsek posted:

Plus you can spam others for items. Everybody wins!

I could start a thread, when I get to my PC, if people want.

Edit: Also, I guess if anyone has anything they think should be in the OP post it here, and if anyone has a funny subject title suggest it, because I'm not very witty.

Pocket Mines 3: I dig this game!

Pocket Mines 3: There's exploding worms in my subterranean passage!

Pocket Minor 3: mining gold for Jimmy Savile's jewellery.

Pocket Mines 3: Mine, mine, MINE for the taking!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Piell posted:

Friends are mutual. Doesn't matter who adds who.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Anyone play the Bloons td battles game? It seems fun, but the additional $5 fee to play your friends more often than every 6 hours seems a bit steep.

Is it full of charges like this, or will that open it up enough to duel with my son repeatedly?

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Okay here is a quick and dirty and probably quite dry OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836913

It's the first time I've made an OP in Games so if there's anything I've missed let me know and I'll add it.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 9, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Konsek posted:

Okay here is a quick and dirty and probably quite dry OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836913

It's the first time I've made an OP in Games so if there's anything I've missed let me know and I'll add it.

Yeah that's a dope rear end op. See if you can set up a Google doc for friend codes

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah that's a dope rear end op. See if you can set up a Google doc for friend codes

I mentioned it in the OP but I have no idea how to do that. If someone makes one I'll add it.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Is there such a thing as a good Android first-person RPG like the old Wizardry types? (Except The Quest. I tried that on Steam and one of the first quests hit my ess jay dubya twitch nerve so hard I didn't have the stomach to finish.) Thanks in advance!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dragomorph posted:

Is there such a thing as a good Android first-person RPG like the old Wizardry types? (Except The Quest. I tried that on Steam and one of the first quests hit my ess jay dubya twitch nerve so hard I didn't have the stomach to finish.) Thanks in advance!

You gotta elaborate on this

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Len posted:

You gotta elaborate on this

Tl;dr I take issue with a quest where the GOOD solution is to get a girl drunk to drag her back to her husband. Call me prudish.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dragomorph posted:

Tl;dr I take issue with a quest where the GOOD solution is to get a girl drunk to drag her back to her husband. Call me prudish.

You should probably get over that, because The Quest is pretty much the best option by far imo for what you're looking for. You can always NOT get her drunk and take her home.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You should probably get over that, because The Quest is pretty much the best option by far imo for what you're looking for. You can always NOT get her drunk and take her home.

IDEALLY I shouldn't have to drag her home against her will at all but meh. Either way I have it on Steam so I don't really have an urge to get it again. Ah well, I'll be back at my PC in a week.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just picked up Witch Spring 2 and it's very :kimchi:. It's a little Zelda-like with a cute story, fun mechanics, great graphics, and no ads or cash shop.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Dragomorph posted:

IDEALLY I shouldn't have to drag her home against her will at all but meh. Either way I have it on Steam so I don't really have an urge to get it again. Ah well, I'll be back at my PC in a week.

If you buy The Bards Tale (the port of the ?2003? game), you also get copies of the original trilogy iirc. I'm not sure how well they would play on a phone given the typing needed for spell casting but they're essentially identical to early Wizardry / Might & Magic games.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Is it possible to play pm3 without adding random people to my friendlist because I'm an antisocial person who likes to play mobile games in comforting loneliness

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Klaaz posted:

Is it possible to play pm3 without adding random people to my friendlist because I'm an antisocial person who likes to play mobile games in comforting loneliness

absolutely, this is what I'm doing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Klaaz posted:

You miss out on one bonus for not having ten people on your friends list. You could just add ten people (from their links posted) get the reward, and then remove them. Since doing this doesn't give out your friend code, you shouldn't end up with people adding you.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Cool, thanks stranger!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Does PM3 need a reliable internet connection? Cause I mostly play mobile games during dead spells at work and the wifi blows.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Deakul posted:

Does PM3 need a reliable internet connection? Cause I mostly play mobile games during dead spells at work and the wifi blows.

I havent played in a few days, but the game did work without an internet connection. Another fun fact is that this is the first game I found that works in pop-up view.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Variable Haircut posted:

I havent played in a few days, but the game did work without an internet connection. Another fun fact is that this is the first game I found that works in pop-up view.

Deakul posted:

Check it out guys! A PM3 Thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836913

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
If anyone remembers the weird anime mushroom farming sim, the same developer made what so far seems to be a fallout shelter style of base building game. Looks good so far!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.beeworks.funghisden.en&hl=en

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Looking for a low-key faux-idle game to kill time on my phone, a few minutes at a time. Something that's not so engaging that I need to think hard (actual attention-requiring gameplay) but not so simple that it's just the same poo poo over and over (magikarp jump).

Some things I've already looked at:

• A Girl Adrift seems like about what I'm after, but the "tap the screen rapidly" core mechanic is a deal breaker because my wrists are extremely fragile.
  • Hunt Cook looked fun, except that it crashed fatally three times in the first 20 minutes I had it.
  • Soda Dungeon forces landscape layout, which makes it awkward to play with one hand.
  • If it's a gacha game, I'm good, I've already got that niche covered by FFBE.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

ProfessorProf posted:

Looking for a low-key faux-idle game to kill time on my phone, a few minutes at a time. Something that's not so engaging that I need to think hard (actual attention-requiring gameplay) but not so simple that it's just the same poo poo over and over (magikarp jump).

• A Girl Adrift seems like about what I'm after, but the "tap the screen rapidly" core mechanic is a deal breaker because my wrists are extremely fragile.
  • Hunt Cook looked fun, except that it crashed fatally three times in the first 20 minutes I had it.
  • Soda Dungeon forces landscape layout, which makes it awkward to play with one hand.

It's an actual idle game, but Tap Titans 2 has been more engaging than most that I've run across and the monetization is (from what I've seen) 100% optional. You quickly get to a point where you really don't have to tap anymore if you don't want. There's character equipment, skill trees, tournaments, etc. Just enough of a carrot that I'm having fun with it.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

There this thing, it's interesting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uken.armory

I haven't gotten that far, but it appears similar to A Light In The Dark... or whatever the one is where you collect wood, stoke fire, build town, etc.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

ModeSix posted:

There this thing, it's interesting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uken.armory

I haven't gotten that far, but it appears similar to A Light In The Dark... or whatever the one is where you collect wood, stoke fire, build town, etc.

A Dark Room, you mean. I've played Armory and Machine too, it's alright but I stopped playing because to get to later areas you have to grind for resources and the combat isn't very fun for how much you have to fight.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Android version of adventure game Thimbleweed Park is out on the Play Store.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

A Dark Room, you mean. I've played Armory and Machine too, it's alright but I stopped playing because to get to later areas you have to grind for resources and the combat isn't very fun for how much you have to fight.

Yeah. That's the one I was talking about. Oh. Too bad. I hadn't gotten really far in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dragomorph posted:

She seemed happy living in the woods so I left her there. :shrug:

My big Quest disappointment was finding out the Amazon queen doesn't react any differently depending on your gender.