Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

:stare:

That is vile. If I were subscribed to any newspapers that published this poo poo I'd definitely be calling them.

EDIT: Cartoon.

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I'm curious to know which outfits are paying money to publish that McCoy.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

This is fake right, someone trying to smear the good name of McCoy? Because jesus christ.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jesus, even by thread standards that's vile.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Erenthal posted:

This is fake right, someone trying to smear the good name of McCoy? Because jesus christ.

Gary noticed his brother left the toilet seat up and decided to make this as payback.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It hasn't even been eight months since Glenn's Betsy DeVos cartoon.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Something is inexpensive, therefore everyone can afford the expense and there is no reason for society to provide it. That's why there are no government programs to help people who can't afford food, electricity, or running water, it's just dollars a day people!!!

Also Gary McCoy is a loving turd and I'll keep saying it no matter how many gas station pickles he accuses me of buying

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's a dumb loving line when women aren't guaranteed birth control through the healthcare plans they pay for.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I also remember when the vast majority of Democrats voted for Harvey Weinstein to lead the nation.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Why should I pay for vagina medicine, I don't have a vagina - some rear end in a top hat

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ah yes, tattoos as a shorthand for being a criminal, truly a man of his time.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Something is inexpensive, therefore everyone can afford the expense and there is no reason for society to provide it. That's why there are no government programs to help people who can't afford food, electricity, or running water, it's just dollars a day people!!!

Also Gary McCoy is a loving turd and I'll keep saying it no matter how many gas station pickles he accuses me of buying

It's not even true that it's inexpensive. poo poo can be really drat costly

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The latest ad, which started airing this week in the Roanoke market, begins with a dark, hooded figure in a home holding up a baseball bat as the MS-13 motto “Kill, Rape, Control” flashes on the screen. Then, a narrator warns of violent crime linked to the street gang in Virginia — and accuses Northam of putting Virginia families at risk.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Fathis Munk posted:

"Who even gets tattoos. Scum, probably" — a man who definitely goes outside

Well which is it, is their peaceful demonstration ~actually~ a celebration of cop death or a demand for more money?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bartok posted:

At least Gary McCoy is upfront about his racism and doesn't sugarcoat it like a lot of the cartoonist in this thread. Still JESUS loving CHRIST!

Bullshit. If pressed he would try to claim he's the least racist per add on alive.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wow, the shitheads are in rare form today!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kit Walker posted:

It's not even true that it's inexpensive. poo poo can be really drat costly

"Birth control, costly? Sounds like someone's having way too much sex" — galactic sage Mike Lester

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fulchrum posted:

Bullshit. If pressed he would try to claim he's the least racist per add on alive.

He's actually deeply concerned about the plight of the broken inner city family, which the liberal "plantation mentality" has caused. Or so I would bet :20bux: he'd tell you.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ague Proof posted:

The latest ad, which started airing this week in the Roanoke market, begins with a dark, hooded figure in a home holding up a baseball bat as the MS-13 motto “Kill, Rape, Control” flashes on the screen. Then, a narrator warns of violent crime linked to the street gang in Virginia — and accuses Northam of putting Virginia families at risk.

:wtc: your politics are so hosed up, I'm having trouble seeing poo poo like that fly on my side of the pond.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

Scrooge McDuck is rich as hell, but he also has some class and a moral compass. He wouldn't be caught dead near Donald Trump. :colbert:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sexual assault is bad and should not be tolerated even for political alliances. AGC

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If the term birth control was changed to "abortion prevention" or "welfare cost mitigation" do you think they'd get on board?

I know, I know.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm 99% sure that Payne uses the word "Uppity" on a regular basis.

I want the act of holding a pen or pencil to physically hurt them.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Wow.

That McCoy is probably the most blatantly, brazenly racist toon in here since Branco's "Native Americans praising the noble white man for lifting them from savagery" piece.

Christ. :stare:

Like what is even your POINT, man!? "The aims and message of BLM don't matter / are wrong because those fuckin BLACKS don't even know who their FATHERS are!!!"?

:barf:

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Donald is an rear end in a top hat who uses inherited wealth and privilege he never earned to walk all over people.

AGC

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Like what is even your POINT, man!? "The aims and message of BLM don't matter / are wrong because those fuckin BLACKS don't even know who their FATHERS are!!!"?

:barf:

It really is just a racist joke with a drawing around it. I'd even say it wasn't political if virulent undisguised racism wasn't a partisan issue.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I think McCoy just read about all the controversy surrounding Leak's "Righto, what's his name then?" cartoon and decided to replicate it for attention. What would be outrageous is if anyone will actually pay to run a cartoon like that in TYOOL 2017.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's a dumb loving line when women aren't guaranteed birth control through the healthcare plans they pay for.

I'm looking forward to Trump losing the votes of all the guys who get told they'll have to start using condoms again.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I must have missed president Harvey Weinstein.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm curious to know which outfits are paying money to publish that McCoy.

This is a well-done Bennet

Since I've been studying soda taxes, could someone tell me what this is with reference to?

edit: nvm, political reversal of the Cook County tax.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 7, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

ryonguy posted:

Donald is an rear end in a top hat who uses inherited wealth and privilege he never earned to walk all over people.

AGC
Counterpoint: Trickle down works, as you can see here when Daisy weeps with gratitude.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So is Gary's whole point that her son never met his father in the first place because all black father's are absent or whatever?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sir Tonk posted:

So is Gary's whole point that her son never met his father in the first place because all black father's are absent or whatever?

Yes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sir Tonk posted:

Yes, it's literally the same joke as that infamous Bill Leak cartoon, but in reverse. Also the caricatures feel even more racist, but that may just be because they're more crude.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also that point is explicitly intended to somehow be a counter to BLM.
Even Leak's proposed conclusion wasn't (overtly) "and that's why it's okay if they die".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think the McCoy caricatures are more racist but there is a good chance that it's because I'm just more familiar with that whole line of racist caricature because I live in America, not Australia

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Everybody, everybody, they're both lovely racists. It doesn't have to be a contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

How much are boner pills without insurance

• Locked thread