Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's curious, because What Pumpkin LLC was already their company. I wonder why incorporate under a different name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

drat even in the rerelease they forgot about jade

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Jade doesn't show up until Act 3.

That said, I'm disappointed that she won't bet getting her own cover art a la Volumes 1-3. Her sharing real estate with the Midnight Crew (most likely outcome is that Book 2 will be Act 3 and Intermission) won't cut it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Plom Bar posted:

Out of curiosity, whose idea do you think it was to incorporate the Homestuck brand name?

Hussie's, so that during the IPO some guy in a suit on CNBC can go "Let me tell you about Homestuck."

Spellman
May 31, 2011

John's iconic khaki shorts

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

hat on hat on a shirt on a shirt on boxers

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Man that Viz cover seems underwhelming compared to the original books.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah
and add me to the list of people weirded out by them deciding to color john's shorts when no other clothes are

thats really strange

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I really hope that's just placeholder art, because it seems sort of poo poo.

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

WilliamAnderson posted:

I really hope that's just placeholder art, because it seems sort of poo poo.

Yeah it looks kinda like the cover of a kid's book.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
is homestuck over yet

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

is homestuck over yet

Never over

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CaNWC is still going strong so I can't leave yet.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SHISHKABOB posted:

is homestuck over yet

yes.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

well, there's the epilogue.... ... .. . ...

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

nothing ever stops

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Relax, we are programmed to receive.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Plom Bar posted:

Relax, we are programmed to receive.
:perfect:

Given that Homestuck actually did end, that the game actually did ship (and was good), it's at least plausible that the epilogue will be released.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the epilogue will be released and it will answer the most pressing question of the comic

where the gently caress are their arms

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

the epilogue will be released and it will answer the most pressing question of the comic

where the gently caress are their arms

they're in the magic chest, pooplord

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
so you know how mspa prophet worked?

hussie used a phpbb forum for the backend of the website

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Holy poo poo, that's amazing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
:psyduck:

Cool that someone figured it out, though.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

These drat schools trying to indoctrinate our youth

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i would like to laugh at that, but whenever we use currency for learning games in humanities my students are absolutely using meticulously laminated and cut out boonbucks and boondollars

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I wasn't paying attention to what thread I was reading and thought, "those last two look like ... wait."

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

homestuck cannot end until all those so cursed return that which they stole

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

i would like to laugh at that, but whenever we use currency for learning games in humanities my students are absolutely using meticulously laminated and cut out boonbucks and boondollars

You've complained in the past about being known amongst students as "the Homestuck teacher", but stuff like this makes it clear you brought that curse upon yourself.

Anyway, I feel like we've reached the point in this thread were someone recommends media that's similar to Homestuck, so:

Red Dwarf is in the middle of airing a new series and it's been really good so far. They also aired one last year, but I'm only finding out about it and binge watching it) now. Hussie has mentioned that Red Dwarf is one of Homestucks major influences, and when you watch it you can find a lot of similar themes, styles of humor, and also flat out stolen jokes (only one or two though). I recomend checking it out if you're still looking for something to fill that Homestuck shaped void.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Oh man, I haven't watched Red Dwarf in years. I'm glad to hear the new series' are good. I think the last I saw was "Back to Earth". Jesus, that was 8 years ago now.

I should get caught up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You've complained in the past about being known amongst students as "the Homestuck teacher", but stuff like this makes it clear you brought that curse upon yourself.

in my defense these are a recent addition and i am embracing my failure

funnily enough, the students who know about homestuck in 2017 have terrible social skills so anything that gives them an inroads to conversation is actually helpful

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Scarodactyl fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 2, 2017

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I'm trying to think of a character more obscure and hilarious than that, and I'm failing. I guarantee at least two people want Lord English body pillows, though.

EDIT: Oh, wait, right, the impaled crow. You could have him whole on one side, and stabbed on the other.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Zemyla posted:

I'm trying to think of a character more obscure and hilarious than that, and I'm failing. I guarantee at least two people want Lord English body pillows, though.

EDIT: Oh, wait, right, the impaled crow. You could have him whole on one side, and stabbed on the other.

what no? the sword would obviously go through the whole pillow

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That's no-irony beautiful, Scarodactyl.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

:five:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Oh, gently caress, a better idea.

A body pillow with the top and bottom halves of Eridan.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Zemyla posted:

Oh, gently caress, a better idea.

A body pillow with the top and bottom halves of Eridan.

That would look better as two separate regular-size pillows

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nepeta alive on one side and dead on the other

Call it Schrodinger's pillow.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I was gonna make a joke of having Calliope on one side and Caliborn on the other and calling it the "best characters in Homestuck" pillow but then I remembered how cherubs work and started to think that'd actually be a decent concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
John's dad on one side and Jane's dad on the other, but which is which? The world may never know.

Casey on one side and Viceroy Bubbles von Salamander on the other.

Someone, not sure who is the best fit, printed across the seams rather than on the sides themselves. Roxy maybe?