Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Sindai posted:

Ancient Magus Bride: Oh my god please tell me "sleigh beggy" is not the official localization.

Sleigh Beggy is the official localization of it. That is what the manga localization has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Speaking of pronouns, it took me a while to notice that Land of the Lustrous keeps things strictly gender neutral.

Also i forgot how much humorous dismemberment there is in it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

Did I imagine it or did the subs refer to Kino as "he"?

They definitely do, but that's consistent with Kino using "boku." I guess there's probably some people who don't know there's ambiguity there since it's a new series so they wanted to preserve it.

The first episode of BBB s02 owned, I'm glad the show's back.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 7, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

:yeah:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's a good reintroduction episode with some strong goods.

Zapp is still the best character and it was nice to get to see Chains actually do a thing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm glad of new Hozuki no Reitetsu and the episode itself was good but uh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow it's like CR's early Gintama

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I made a thread for Magus Bride. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836820

And yeah, wow, Sleigh Beggy is perhaps the worst way they could have translated that. Even if it's more accurate to w/e mythological thing is being referenced, it sounds so much worse than Slay Vega.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
People who expressed interest in watching Haikyuu (you should 'cause it's fantastic) should join us here, now :) https://cytu.be/r/synchrogazer

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^OP Updated

quote:

:siren:Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride)
Wit Studio | Naganuma, Norihiro | Naganuma, Norihiro ; Takaha, Aya | Fantasy | Manga | Oct 8, 2017
Chise Hatori has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.
PV
Thread

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have they announced the fourth season yet?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

I'm glad of new Hozuki no Reitetsu and the episode itself was good but uh

yikes

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I honestly have no idea what the gently caress Crunchyroll's Quality Control Department does. Is it just like a monkey jacking off at a monitor?
Because that monkey isn't doing his goddam job.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
'Sleigh Beggy' looks silly, but does at least fit more with the generally Celtic/Nordic vibe of AMB's magic. 'Slay Vega' feels a little too Latinate.

Speaking of localisations, 'Land of the Lustrous' is a pretty brilliant title for a show about living gems.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I honestly have no idea what the gently caress Crunchyroll's Quality Control Department does. Is it just like a monkey jacking off at a monitor?
Because that monkey isn't doing his goddam job.

Those screenshots are of an Amazon Prime rip, so it might look alright on the real site itself?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Strange Quark posted:

Those screenshots are of an Amazon Prime rip, so it might look alright on the real site itself?

Not Prime... some new service called HiDive that may be the remnants of Anime Network, given that in their back-catalog they've got Frame Arms Girl and Soushin Shoujo Matoi.

EDIT: On their careers page, they're hiring for Quality Control Technician.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 8, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Strange Quark posted:

Maybe.
I have a long history of out-of-order (or just plain missing) manga pages, bubbles typeset literally out of the frame, messed up subs, etc.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the new sweetness and lightning chapter was missing a page in the middle when i read it recently.
Never change, CR
just kidding please do better

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Saw the first LoL episode
Was that really all CG? Because if it was, that's probably the best full CG show I've seen yet. It also brought memories back of the first time I saw the ad/read the manga, so that was cool :)
The colors and shots were also very nice

I'm hoping it does very well

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 8, 2017

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Postal Parcel posted:

Was that really all CG? Because if it was, that's probably the best full CG show I've seen yet. It also brought memories back of the first time I saw the ad/read the manga, so that was cool :)

Orange usually does some of the better 3D work in anime (see Majestic Prince, Akito, Fafner Exodus) and I believe this was their first full CG show. I'm looking forward to watching it shortly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i liked the first ep of houseki no kuni

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

i liked the first ep of houseki no kuni

yeah!

e: just watched Hoozuki, getting his backstory was a good way to start the new season :3 It'll be a nice break of silly/weird vs the other stuff I'm watching.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 8, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm hoping it does very well

Here's a short thread on its production. It's largely CG, but there's 2D animation at work too https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/916815804502544384
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/916816524064821253

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where's it airing? I've been meaning to watch it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is that the jewel thing? It's on everyone's favorite platform Strike.

Land of the Lustrous:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/det...5&pf_rd_t=12806

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 8, 2017

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Motto posted:

Here's a short thread on its production. It's largely CG, but there's 2D animation at work too

Thanks for that! Interesting read, and I love the sakugabooru guy

Related, this was a retweeted image
https://twitter.com/YohIchi_N/status/916683816294539264

While this may be a case of bad L->R conversion(草原 is definitely grassland), I'd like to think he knew exactly what he did

e:

a kitten posted:

Is that the jewel thing? It's on everyone's favorite platform Strike.

Land of the Lustrous:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/det...5&pf_rd_t=12806

quote:

★★★☆☆ Three Stars
ByAlexander Banoson on October 7, 2017
its diffrent.
:effort:

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 8, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hidamari Post Apocalypse's first episode was good, and I'm interested to see where they go with it since they'll probably blow through the chapters that have been released so far really quickly. I'm also a little torn between wanting the setting somewhat explained, like the hugely built up city they're in despite WWII engineering, and that being completely irrelevant.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
The wonderful world of Haripo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
wanko bars

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Even ignoring the fact that Dies Irae glorifies a bunch of Nazis, it's directing and writing is objectively garbage.

But that is that, it glorifies a bunch of loving Nazis.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Friskers :geno:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Julias posted:

Friskers :geno:

I thought it said Frickers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Even ignoring the fact that Dies Irae glorifies a bunch of Nazis, it's directing and writing is objectively garbage.

It's about killing vampire nazi's actually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

We're sorry, while we appreciate your application and think it suits our website well, Anime News Network is not currently hiring.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I thought Dies Irae was the LogH show?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm watching dies irae because people told me the vampire nazis get killed brutally

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Postal Parcel posted:

I thought it said Frickers

Actually, you're probably right...

But Haripo Rotefuck sure is something alright

F☆ck

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

no i believe the new one is subtitled "die neue thesis"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
well call me when they start merking the nazis because right now they're trying to show how cool and cute and badass the nazis are

and when they do i hope the directing isnt total poo poo because scenes transition from one to another with no connective tissue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

dies irae is a crowdfunded adaptation of a popular vn from 2007 about a chuuni guy fighting nazi vampires

• Locked thread