Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

So the Chinese server is getting some new outfits and a new mount.

(Taken from Reddit)

Male: https://imgur.com/a/ILdXS

Female: https://imgur.com/a/5Dppk

Mount: https://gfycat.com/SharpUnsteadyHawk

The mount is a flaming segway. Where is it for our version, Yoshida!!!

Yes hello i need those flaming spurs, even if i don't like the boots they're attached to all that much.

e: I burst out laughing at the mount and i'm not sure if that means it rules or is too dumb to actually use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a kitten posted:

Yes hello i need those flaming spurs, even if i don't like the boots they're attached to all that much.

e: I burst out laughing at the mount and i'm not sure if that means it rules or is too dumb to actually use.

Ah the scooty puff category.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I too am worried that something may be too silly to use on my anime catgirl avatar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

(Taken from Reddit)

Outfits = complete trash
Mount = completely great

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Those are just reused clothes from Squaresoft's The Bouncer.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The Hoverboard being on fire is pretty accurate.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Frumply posted:

I don't think there will be anything with an open toe so you will have to compromise with something like Amateur's Thighboots.

Post the glamour when it's done so I can shamelessly copy it if it's good.
I randomly discovered that the Stormblood PVP set has open-toed boots. But also weird bows on the back.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

DarkstarIV posted:

New Twisted Metal lookin' good.

Also don't these things usually pop up in the Gold Saucer after a while, since the Chinese version doesn't have that?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I would probably like the outfit better if it didn't have dumb glow stick neck tail.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They scream "Designed for the people who play Miqo'te"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Frumply posted:

I don't think there will be anything with an open toe so you will have to compromise with something like Amateur's Thighboots.

Post the glamour when it's done so I can shamelessly copy it if it's good.

I'm thinking that some kind of caligae will work for the feet, and the coliseum subligar looks alright for the chest, it's just that waist area that's a little iffy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

So 95% of the playerbase then?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Man I'm really digging Warrior after leveling DRG. They both feel very similar just that Warrior plays at like 2/3rd the speed and has no OGCD's. TP regeneration leaves something to be desired on the Warrior end though.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Bolow posted:

Man I'm really digging Warrior after leveling DRG. They both feel very similar just that Warrior plays at like 2/3rd the speed and has no OGCD's. TP regeneration leaves something to be desired on the Warrior end though.

You will eventually gain a button called Equilibrium and never worry about tp (in single target) again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

my dude is a tiny man and i think they own

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I would have liked the mount better if it didn't look so obviously based on the Feast mount. You even stand the same way. Seems lazy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/YasumiMatsuno/status/916145276171075584

Considering some of the designs Yoshida made for his games, Matsuno's FFXIV character as a whole is unsurprising

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This looks like a winter coat that someone tore in a few places in order to try and repurpose it into summer clothes

...What?

Holy gently caress I need this now

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Very rude people

:confused:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

That outfit is awesome, that person has terrible taste.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Just gently caress my poo poo up," she said to the wardrobe department

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
As a professional glamour prism addict, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that outfit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bolow posted:

Very rude people

:confused:

I aint gonna lie and say it's good, but it's not "send a tell to someone" bad compared to some you see.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
idgi, they randomly parsed 2k lower than they have in the past?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
bad mspaint job, sorry

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
they bounced after the first pull of a o3s practice party, those were their o2 numbers

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

jalapeno_dude posted:

The issue for me is the remaining 50 or so seconds out of those two minutes where you're basically stuck with Ruin spam
Yeah this is what really drove home to me that SMN was gonna be kind of a bad time. You don't get this much in 4 mans but you feel it hard in raids. Some people find bahamut and dwt timing to be really fun and wish it were more rewarding but I just find it really annoying this tier.

At least sic-ifrit works well so no more pet management I guess unless magic comps make a surge (they won't).

The opener is a hoot though up until the second deathflare.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

(Taken from Reddit)

Huh. Nezha's Wind-Fire Wheels.

Wonder if there's a Fire-Tipped Spear weapon. (darn DRGs and DRKs getting everything.)

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Huh. Nezha's Wind-Fire Wheels.

Wonder if there's a Fire-Tipped Spear weapon. (darn DRGs and DRKs getting everything.)

Does this count

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I aint gonna lie and say it's good, but it's not "send a tell to someone" bad compared to some you see.

they were probably trying to neg you

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hey they're improving

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Eopia posted:

Does this count

I mean, there are depictions of the spear, but I mean one looking more like a stereotypical wushu-looking one, with the red tassel. IIRC, that model does not yet exist in FFXIV.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
LFG.jpg

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

The raid gods were not kind to me today. Beyond wiping like crazy on several PF attempts at Susano EX (I just wanted a rapier) I took a few runs at O4N and got a DRK named Naruto Shippuden who kept arguing with the PLD off-tank. The Paladin was just doing his RoH combo the entire fight. Also, Naruto and I died to Doom the first time because our healers forgot to put Esuna on. No tokens from O4N for me today, but I got some from the other three.

I ended up buying a 320 rapier and calling it a night.

I think I'm just going to gather tomorrow.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

Leofish posted:

The raid gods were not kind to me today. Beyond wiping like crazy on several PF attempts at Susano EX (I just wanted a rapier) I took a few runs at O4N and got a DRK named Naruto Shippuden who kept arguing with the PLD off-tank. The Paladin was just doing his RoH combo the entire fight. Also, Naruto and I died to Doom the first time because our healers forgot to put Esuna on. No tokens from O4N for me today, but I got some from the other three.

I ended up buying a 320 rapier and calling it a night.

I think I'm just going to gather tomorrow.

:negative: Yeah, people tend to overstate how easy the EX content and normal Omega stuff is. Compared to, say, launch Titan EX or Alex Normal stuff it's certainly easier, but you can most certainly wipe on them if you're not paying attention or if more than one or two people in your party don't have any idea what they're doing. Honestly, I've just been buying the i320 weapons when I get classes to 70, since they're pretty affordable and apparently nearly top of the line if you pentameld them. Plus, I have no other reason to run Susano EX since I got my partydog already.

Also, having read up on what people think about the patch notes, I'm hitting the books again. From level 18. I might, god forbid, actually do that PotD thing.

apropos of nothing, i just like how it looks

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Rhymenoserous posted:

Kinda like how everyone tells me SCH is really good in 8 mans, but I guess I'll never know because gently caress that.

Oddly enough, I have a way easier time with SCH in 8 mans (or even 4 mans) than WHM (AST still sits at 30 and I spent my jump potion on... MCH of all things).

There is just something comforting that you at least have a crutch through Eos/Selene even if it's for 3 seconds. I find myself loving up way more with WHM.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

:negative: Yeah, people tend to overstate how easy the EX content and normal Omega stuff is. Compared to, say, launch Titan EX or Alex Normal stuff it's certainly easier, but you can most certainly wipe on them if you're not paying attention or if more than one or two people in your party don't have any idea what they're doing.

I've only done each of the level 70 Ex primals a handful of times. I know the fights, but I still sometimes get killed either through unfortunate timing or because of a technical issue. One wipe last night was, admittedly, entirely my fault. He was down to about 10% and I was tunnelvisioning on DPS without noticing both healers were dead and yelling at me in chat for Verraise. I didn't catch it until it was too late. :negative: I should have been paying attention but I thought we had it. Everything had gone perfectly up until then. I don't even know what killed them.

Every other time, though, it was a combination of fuckups from multiple people; another group just couldn't beat the enrage. At least those groups were pretty positive about trying again and happy about getting closer every time.

I like the Normal Omega content. It's fun and challenging but not too hard to execute well and there's a bit of room for forgiveness if you make a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Are the first time rewards on old content worth it? I was looking through my duty list and saw a few primals I never did (mog, ifrit, Levi) and then on top of them I have all of heavensward to do starting at 54. If not I'll just blast through potd until my brain is bleeding and then storm through whatever hw stuff I need to do so I can finally tackle all the cool SB poo poo I've seen