Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Pear. I was curious enough to look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

drat, I guess my carpet (same color) doesn't look so bad after all. Also, I rented out a room to a Aussie owner, bitch destroyed not one, but two sets of blinds. No more pets :colbert:

colas has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Oct 7, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What is a steel book?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

What is a steel book?

Just a fancy metal video game case for nerds

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh my, please do a PCOS Bill review of Farcry 5.

Sure, just have to wait until it comes out.

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's probably cheaper to just buy the cheapest foaming soap your supermarket sells and pour out the soap.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mystes posted:

It's probably cheaper to just buy the cheapest foaming soap your supermarket sells and pour out the soap.

Probably, but also too late.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

beato posted:

Pear. I was curious enough to look it up.

Oh yeah makes sense since what used to be the pear-shaped (and, presumably, -flavoured) Finlandia marmelade

is nowadays just a green ball

It never tasted anything like pear though :shrug:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Humerus posted:

As in the Gordian Knot, or unrelated?

Also, something I've been wondering about these coins, what's like the relative value of them? Would an average Roman citizen be walking around with a few of those or would that be something for the upper crust to have? Is info like that part of what comes with it or do you need to do your own research about it?

Gordian knot is unrelated. But I love that story and have two Alexander coins.

The common roman imperial currency was the denari, the silver coin thats typically between the size of a penny and nickel. A denari was one days pay for the average soldier or skilled laborer. The lower class carried bronze coins in their pocket, and the wealthy carried the silver denari around. And the gold coins were rarely carried around and were used for big purchases like land or paying off rulers.

So knowing the denari was one days pay, you just find out how many denari other denominations were worth. A bi tetradrachma was 8 drachma (2X4) and a drachma was 0.8 denari so this coin may have been a weeks pay, bur I suspect less because the silver purity looks to be low.

PCOS Bill posted:

A week or so ago is still recent right

Omg. I had no idea this was coming. A great Zelda game with a wolf instead of Link.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ChocNitty posted:

Omg. I had no idea this was coming. A great Zelda game with a wolf instead of Link.

But we already got that from Twilight Princess.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh yeah makes sense since what used to be the pear-shaped (and, presumably, -flavoured) Finlandia marmelade

is nowadays just a green ball

It never tasted anything like pear though :shrug:

Well now I need to see about ordering this to try.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Dreamcast Akura HDMI Box from Behar Bros. It was this or the SNES mini... decided I wanted this more.

Here's some test (cellphone) pics

with scanline mode on

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Noticed a distinct lack of Grey in my Air Force 1 collection and Eastbay happened to be having a sale so I stocked up.

Let the shoe chat begin.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I bought this last week for $43 after coupon and tax.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

100% Dundee posted:

Let the shoe chat begin.

Ha I almost bought these yesterday at a Nike outlet.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

We have those in Latvia too, but made by Laima. It thought the green things might be something different since they were all green that's why I originally asked about the flavour.

We do have Fazer here, but it's mainly just their chocolate and bread.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Brian Jacques was my jam growing up, I have hardcover copies of every one of his books that was published through 2007 or so. I should see if more are out so I can top off the collection. Is he still writing or is he not around anymore?

OniPanda posted:

I would like to know more

Link to the kit, they ship internationally for reasonable prices

It's not 100% straightforward for a beginner kit but it's fine if you've done it before. BYOCElectronics has more comprehensive instructions with their kits but this seems to be slightly higher quality.

The board is populated and I tacked in the switches, but I didn't order the board-mount pots and didn't want to deal with tiny jumper wires quite yet... good stopping point.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh my, please do a PCOS Bill review of Farcry 5.

He's too busy buying bump stocks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath posted:

He's too busy buying bump stocks.

FarCry 5 isn't even out yet.

I have no interest in a bump stock. My AR15 is a pistol, no stock at all, and I don't own an AR15 rifle.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

The Science Goy posted:

Brian Jacques was my jam growing up, I have hardcover copies of every one of his books that was published through 2007 or so. I should see if more are out so I can top off the collection. Is he still writing or is he not around anymore?

Link to the kit, they ship internationally for reasonable prices

It's not 100% straightforward for a beginner kit but it's fine if you've done it before. BYOCElectronics has more comprehensive instructions with their kits but this seems to be slightly higher quality.

The board is populated and I tacked in the switches, but I didn't order the board-mount pots and didn't want to deal with tiny jumper wires quite yet... good stopping point.

Fuckin sweet, thanks for the link. They got the schematic and pcb layout in the instructions, so I can just make my own pcb from that. I was lookin for some projects like this for after I graduate and have some actual free time to gently caress around with stuff like this.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The Science Goy posted:

He died in 2011 :smith:

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can anyone school me on HP 80 calculators? I got one from a thrift store for 4 dollars today. It came in a grey molded plastic case. Has all the bells and whistles and seems to function just fine.

My question really is, would it be worth it to try to sell this?

https://m.imgur.com/a/Jz8Xm

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like at least a hunnert on eBay

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A good mail day today.

Ducky Pocket, to go with my laptop. Can't live without a numpad and the calculator is a bonus.

Audio Technica ATH-ANC40BT. Liking them so far, bought to replace a pair of IM70s the cat ate and they're similarly balanced.

Everki Titan backpack, to lug my massive laptop around in. Really impressively built.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Massive laptop but no numpad?

Shameful.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Megabound posted:

Ducky Pocket, to go with my laptop. Can't live without a numpad and the calculator is a bonus.

Audio Technica ATH-ANC40BT.

Both of these look like great ideas. How do you like the 10-key? Is it "compact"? I have huge goon hands and want a 10-key.

Edit: What makes the Ducky Pocket $35 better than a regular $15 10-key pad?

H110Hawk has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Oct 11, 2017

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Rolo posted:

Wait is that a plaid seated GTI too?

Wanna be buds?

Hey I missed this.

Yes, it is, and yes, I do.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

after putting it off for a longass time I got a mech keyboard because my WPM cratered at work on a laptop keyboard.

MX clears aren't bad, but still aren't the electric typewriter I learned on. Oh well, the board is nice :shobon:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I bought a shirt.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Did you have to fold it up so your mom wouldn't see it

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Just opened it from the sleeve it came in from England. I don't particularly think the word hell is offensive, especially if you're talking about the place/idea and not telling someone to go there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought a pair of Skechers. "GoWalk 3 Contend" in black/black. $30 at Gabe's

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

rockcity posted:

I bought a shirt.

Rad, I live for the combination of grim reaper and Lisa Frank aesthetics

Lmao

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

H110Hawk posted:

Both of these look like great ideas. How do you like the 10-key? Is it "compact"? I have huge goon hands and want a 10-key.

Edit: What makes the Ducky Pocket $35 better than a regular $15 10-key pad?

It's a full sized numpad, so it'll fit your hands. The Cherry switches and sturdy case bring the price up, but if you don't care about those things then there's not much reason to spend the extra money.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
New Balance are just Nikes, but instead of made in a sweatshop overseas, they're made in sweatshops in Maine.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think you'll find Nike Zoom Air is the best cushioning god ever gave man

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I have had a pair of Brooks for a while now that are still going strong.

I dunno where they're made, but by God, it had better have been in a sweatshop too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aramek posted:

I have had a pair of Brooks for a while now that are still going strong.

I dunno where they're made, but by God, it had better have been in a sweatshop too.
The only pair of running shoes I ever "used up" the cushioning on were my Brooks Beast, which were also the most expensive I ever bought--$110 back in 2007.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rockcity posted:

I bought a shirt.

Where can I buy this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Where can I buy this?

Unfortunately the shirts this guy makes are only limited runs. He does re-prints every now and then though. You can follow him on IG to check when he sells stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/mr_heggie/?hl=en