Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Powaqoatse posted:

aw that poor chap. but to be fair his teeth are gigantic

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I did not expect a Numa Numa reference in 2017. Well played.

not a numa numa reference

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Oct 7, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Thanks. I doubted myself for a minute there - to the point where I was trying to gauge how strange my interjection must have seemed in light of being wrong.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

His teeth are huge on the preview & I didnt watch the video so you're welcome
also,

Young people with huge or small teeth, wait until you're at least like 17 or so ... gently caress the insurance jaw

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

jeffrey the only flesh sack that's going to die is your scrotum after you face me in the Scrotal Punishment Octagon, a new fighting sport i have invented in my free time.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

"Wow Phiz how does it work? you ask." simple. we face each other in an octagon, trouserless, with a pliant strap of leather clutched between our hands. The leather is braided with barbed wire, and i whip it at your crotch so fast you wish i had not done this action.
"is it possible to whip you, in response?" yes but this is inadvisable, as i am very good at whipping. "this sport seems unfair." oh it is, my children. it is.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I stand corrected.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I like how he notes that he did not so much as think of the Scrotal Punishment Octagon on his employers' time

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pastry of the Year posted:

I like how he notes that he did not so much as think of the Scrotal Punishment Octagon on his employers' time

he's very conscientious

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sebmojo posted:

he's very conscientious

which is what you want in a scrotum punisher

I mean there's no BBB for this sort of thing so they really live and die by their online reputation

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Context: https://twitter.com/spankyevans1/status/914968129570316288

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

literally that open pointing comic by matt bors

also what thread is that from

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

trapped mouse posted:

literally that open pointing comic by matt bors

also what thread is that from

Oh, sorry, it's from the C-SPAM images thread.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

This makes me really tense

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

That video cracks me up while also sobers me to the fact that I am a huge bitch baby that would have crumbled at the mere sight of a gun.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That may be my new favorite video. "Nah, that took you too long..."

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Lived in Memphis for a bit, can confirm that if you lived in my area (hickory hill / hickory hood) you stayed strapped

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

w00tmonger posted:

This makes me really tense

seriously i was freaking out

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Heh, kids and their death games.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Yestermoment posted:

That video cracks me up while also sobers me to the fact that I am a huge bitch baby that would have crumbled at the mere sight of a gun.

Guns "r" bad

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel announced a partnership with a real-life weapons manufacturer (and quickly canceled it after a lot of people brought up how hosed up that is).

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

There are a lot of great people that work for Marvel as creators and I can only imagine how crushing this whole thing would be for some of them.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I wonder how they felt about Iron Man 1.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You never get tired of making this same post huh

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That's because it's true. The people who idolize Iron Man are outraged that Marvel teamed up with real-life Stark Industries.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

How does it feel knowing you're the Troy Duffy to SuperMechaGodzilla's Quentin Tarantino

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

The MSJ posted:

Marvel announced a partnership with a real-life weapons manufacturer (and quickly canceled it after a lot of people brought up how hosed up that is).

do they know that Iron Man is a fictional movie?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

do they know that Iron Man is a fictional movie?

Also in the movie Iron Man wants to stop on the weapons manufacturing

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Granted the morality can seem a bit muddled since ultimately he's deciding weapons are bad unless he's the one using them.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

RagnarokAngel posted:

Granted the morality can seem a bit muddled since ultimately he's deciding weapons are bad unless he's the one using them.

tbf everyone thinks this

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

How does it feel knowing you're the Troy Duffy to SuperMechaGodzilla's Quentin Tarantino

:vince:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He doesn't do it though. It's easy to be like "guns :(" while still making money hand over fist - on guns, and wars.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

god:drat: i love burns that require weirdly specific knowledge

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 07:58 on Oct 8, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn't stop but he stops his company from doing it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powaqoatse posted:

He doesn't do it though.

Yes he does. The whole reason they try to force him out of the company in the first movie is because he kills off the weapons division entirely. The whole issue with it getting muddled is when he starts making weapons for the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Even then, that's an actual part of his character development through the movies where he's getting panicky and self-destructive ever since the New York Attack, trying to do the right thing and protect people by building the biggest toys.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

welp i guess the comic book capitalist is alright then

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think some of you are losing sight of that glorious burn. Let's stay focused

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes he does. The whole reason they try to force him out of the company in the first movie is because he kills off the weapons division entirely. The whole issue with it getting muddled is when he starts making weapons for the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Even then, that's an actual part of his character development through the movies where he's getting panicky and self-destructive ever since the New York Attack, trying to do the right thing and protect people by building the biggest toys.
I'm not so sure about the timeline for all of this stuff, but Iron Man seems like a strict condemnation of the MIC, simply because no matter what he does in each film, he continues to create his own enemies and destroy himself, his reputation, his team and his country that much more each time.

Iron Man 1: Learns his weapons are killing people and the bad guys are getting them, vows to stop building weapons tech.

Iron Man 2: Has his toys stolen by the United States and reverse engineered to create weapons for the US government, destroys the stolen tech.

Iron Man 3: Discovers an overarching plot to destroy the US government as well as him that revolves around augmented human beings, realizes that Iron Man creates powerful enemies by virtue of existing and can't coexist with Pepper, so he demolishes his tech at the end of the film

Captain America: Winter Soldier: Has his tech used by SHIELD (now HYDRA) to attempt to murder dissidents around the world.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: His desire to create a self-regulating peacekeeping force a-la SHIELD revolts and attempts to destroy the world.

Civil War: Used as a high tech enforcer by the US Government to enforce controls on superhumans, realizes that he's being manipulated by first the Government, then his emotions.

How they were able to turn a story about an iron monger coming to terms with the pain he's caused and trying to solve the issue (and failing miserably) is so far removed from the somewhat callous nature of Northrop Grumman's contributions that I'm not sure it was thought out beyond "these are people who will sponsor us".

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

He doesn't do it though. It's easy to be like "guns :(" while still making money hand over fist - on guns, and wars.

god:drat: i love burns that require weirdly specific knowledge

wait, supermechagodzilla jerks off over dubiously-willing women's feet?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait, supermechagodzilla jerks off over dubiously-willing women's feet?

almost, but instead its written articles about feet

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This is the goddamn quotes thread not defend the alcoholic figment of your imagination thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

always had my suspicions about his sesquipedalian posts... and now i know it's nothing but a fetish....

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There is one big difference between SMG and BotL. BotL is actually a good and entertaining poster.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Supermechagodzilla owns and the way that any mention of him makes a cadre of people immediately kramer into the room and shrink into corncobs before your very eyes makes it even better.

Speaking of, much like his posts about Duke Nukem Forever whenever he leaves the movie forum he absolutely crushes it and him posting in the internet culture warrior thread is no exception.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Nerd-fascists simply took the concept of 'SJWs', which were actually just idiot college kids, and deployed the full logic of antisemitism: the SJWs controlled the (videogame) media, they were trying to eliminate the white race (from videogames), etc.

When you see these fascists talking about 'meme magic', the meme they're referring to is this antisemitism. The goal is to get followers to be always thinking about - and always blaming - the SJWs. The 'cuck' meme promoted fear of miscegenation and impotence. The 'safe space' and 'trigger' memes promoted fear of exclusion, of being demonized. And so-on.

[These memes, of course, simultaneously emphasized the pathetic weakness of the omnipotent enemy. That's the paradox of antisemitism.]

With this established, and a subset of nerds convinced that all virtual reality was secretly controlled by a cabal of pink-haired women, it was very easy to say that reality itself was also under the pink-haired women's control.

Trump uses 'meme magic' in a very similar way, going back to the birth certificate meme. All the world's ills are blamed on Obama and Hillary, who also control the FAKE NEWS. When Trump constantly reminds his followers how close Hillary was to taking power, that's not bragging - that's a threat. "If anything happens to me, your world will end." It's putting things in apocalyptic terms

Fascists deliberately exploited nerd anger by promoting the mediocre Ghostbusters remake as an example of Degenerate Art and evidence of Jewish control over the media.

Fascists realized that those people who are still outraged at the Star Wars prequels, nearly twenty years later, could be wound up and aimed at nearly any target.

You're going back to the 1940s and saying "it was just some abstract paintings, not many people cared".

You are talking about Ghostbusters, unfortunately, because antisemitism works. You're not talking about Spiderman 7 or the fuckin emoji movie, are you? Nope, because the ghostbusters thing is a straightforward example of gamergate tactics being applied to Hollywood.

There's a very obvious pattern:

1. Promote nerd outrage: get nerds really, really upset that Ghostbusters is bad. It's raping your childhood, etc.

2. Use 'meme magic': sneak antisemitism into the discussion, and ensure that it spreads. Your childhood is being raped by the SJWs. Ghostbusters is degenerate art. Feminists, in league with the globalist Jews, are destroying western culture.

3. 'Teach the controversy': get enough attention that news sites are forced to comment on this internet phenomenon.

4. Promote any subsequent defence or praise of the 'evil' film as proof of unethical Jewish control over the media. "It's about ethics in journalism."

5. Repeat.

This same tactic was used to influence the 2016 presidential election.

When you say 'the answer is in the middle,' in America, that puts you firmly in the lame center-right.

This South Park approach - like, 'forget about and it'll go away' - doesn't work. It hasn't gone away. And that's because, like I said, antisemitism works. The SJW conspiracy theory is an effective source of 'cognitive mapping'. It has an explanatory power.

The only way out is through: you need ideological critique of this stuff, to get to the truth of the matter. And the truth is that, since America has no Left, fascists have made themselves into America's sole voice of anti-liberalism.

Although Trump is a liberal, they're using Trump to achieve their goals in the same way they used videogame tits and Taylor Swift.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No, you are not correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I like those posts but I wouldn't call them funny.