Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

`Nemesis posted:

I know a guy that had rhabdomyolysis TWICE from Crossfit. He still does Crossfit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

Yeah, that's basically by design. Cossfitters pretty much consider getting Rhabdo as proof they're finally training hard enough. Crossfit is basically looking at all the science behind regular exercise that tells you how to do things safely and efficiently, and then throwing it the gently caress out and replacing it with GOFAST instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pro cyclists get rhabdo but you don't see them quitting either. Athletes are dumb.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bucwPnQildM

Sportsfruede:

Journalist: "But what if they win with like 8-0?"
The dutch national football coach: "No that's impossible! what kind of a question is that?" :smuggo:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Additional info: if I'm not mistaken this result means that Netherlands has to win Sweden by 7 goals in the last game (instead of something like 3 or 4 which would have been unlikely but somewhat possible).

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hihohe posted:

I named that cat Sisypuss

:golfclap: I appreciate this

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Hihohe posted:

I named that cat Sisypuss

This must not go un-loved.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Proteus Jones posted:

How are people this insane fo processed chicken lump sauce?

https://twitter.com/LQTM_byGeoBraun/status/916732014572826625

Because they brought it back as a special cross promotion with one of the most popular shows on TV right now, to the point that they actually made up new advertising standees and packaging for it.

They then only shipped out 20 packets per store, not every store even got their 20 packet allotment, and some managers stole their shipment to sell on ebay.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/Qf0LgOV.gifv

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, that's basically by design. Cossfitters pretty much consider getting Rhabdo as proof they're finally training hard enough. Crossfit is basically looking at all the science behind regular exercise that tells you how to do things safely and efficiently, and then throwing it the gently caress out and replacing it with GOFAST instead.

Better tell the army that since they're a year or so into a four-year crossfit study

baw has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Oct 8, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/UdTWbxu.gifv

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

baw posted:

Better tell the army that since they're a year or so into a four-year crossfit study

The military did a study on the feasibility of using special bombs to temporarily make people gay, so that the enemy would be too overwhelmed with dude-lust to fight. They cast a pretty wide net is what I'm saying.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goon Danton posted:

The military did a study on the feasibility of using special bombs to temporarily make people gay, so that the enemy would be too overwhelmed with dude-lust to fight. They cast a pretty wide net is what I'm saying.

Soooo, don't keep us in suspense here, what were the results of the study!?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

[quote="“U-DO Burger”" post="“477173653”"]
Soooo, don’t keep us in suspense here, what were the results of the study!?
[/quote]

Can't talk, busy dude-lusting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

They didn't use proper safety precautions and had to repeal DADT.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

U-DO Burger posted:

That's, uh, *ahem* that's classified.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Pro cyclists get rhabdo but you don't see them quitting either. Athletes are dumb.

It can take years to get a body that will get rhabdomyolysis from biking. imagine a sport so inclusive that even complete newbies can also share the joys of rhabdomyolysis.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

every troop is now a gay crossfitter

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

baw posted:

The military does many many stupid things fitness wise

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I'm way late on this but does this girl lose her leg/foot brace right foot before she goes down? Darwin would be proud.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ThirstyBuck posted:

I'm way late on this but does this girl lose her leg/foot brace right foot before she goes down? Darwin would be proud.

I thought it was a purse

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Piell posted:

The military does many many stupid things fitness wise

I don't remember anything particularly stupid but it's been some years so maybe things have changed. I think the dumbest thing I remember was having PT conducted at the squad level which meant we had e5s who were just as lazy as everyone else in charge so we'd just go hide somewhere and bullshit until we could sneak back to the barracks. and the military doesn't like injured people because injured people mean they have to spend money on troops sometimes for the rest of the injured person's life. and that means less money for the F35

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Proteus Jones posted:

How are people this insane fo processed chicken lump sauce?

https://twitter.com/LQTM_byGeoBraun/status/916732014572826625

Because people worship the cartoon man who convinced them it was "epic".

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Edit: gently caress

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kurieg posted:

Because they brought it back as a special cross promotion with one of the most popular shows on TV right now, to the point that they actually made up new advertising standees and packaging for it.

They then only shipped out 20 packets per store, not every store even got their 20 packet allotment, and some managers stole their shipment to sell on ebay.

Human Tornada posted:

Because people worship the cartoon man who convinced them it was "epic".

I get that marketing hyped it up and appears to have done a remarkable job. And McD woefully underestimated demand.

What I meant was why are people queuing up for FAST FOOD. I can see the restaurant's being particularly busy, but lining up out the door and down the sidewalk? For shredded and fried chicken with a limited edition sauce?

It's mind-boggling to me.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Oct 8, 2017

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

I thought it was a purse

Cowboy boot.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

baw posted:

What are they studying excactly? :confused:

CrossFit, Inc. and the branded gyms are one thing, but the combination of weight training and cardio was not invented by Glassman, he just gave it a name and got people to pay him for it.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

doverhog posted:

What are they studying excactly? :confused:

CrossFit, Inc. and the branded gyms are one thing, but the combination of weight training and cardio was not invented by Glassman, he just gave it a name and got people to pay him for it.

They will be doing crossfit rather than PT

quote:

Researchers with Kansas State University's kinesiology lab will track 20 groups of soldiers — more than 200 troops in all — over four years. Half of the troops will do by-the-book PT training, and the other half will get trained up in CrossFit.

One of the big things that make crossfit different from normal HIIT is the weightlifting element. It's also one of the major problems in crossfit because no one is ready to coach weightlifting after a six hour certification

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

What I meant was why are people queuing up for FAST FOOD. I can see the restaurant's being particularly busy, but lining up out the door and down the sidewalk? For shredded and fried chicken with a limited edition sauce?

Because how else would we know how interesting these people even are without their wacky devotion to corn syrup goop?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

[quote="“Human Tornada”" post="“477174996”"]
Because how else would we know how interesting these people even are without their wacky devotion to corn syrup goop?
[/quote]

Rick and Morty is a great show, but lining up outside of a loving McDonalds for the aforementioned corn syrup goo tells me that those people are Missing. The. loving. Point.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

MrYenko posted:

Rick and Morty is a great show, but lining up outside of a loving McDonalds for the aforementioned corn syrup goo tells me that those people are Missing. The. loving. Point.

Analogous to those 'Into the Wild' fanbois who go visit the bus without a plan or supplies.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Proteus Jones posted:

I get that marketing hyped it up and appears to have done a remarkable job. And McD woefully underestimated demand.

They wanted to be the ones selling it on eBay and making thousands of dollars! It's an outrage! :bahgawd:

fake edit: there should be a variant on that smilie where Jim's holding a fistful of dollars

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

TotalLossBrain posted:

Analogous to those 'Into the Wild' fanbois who go visit the bus without a plan or supplies.

Homeless people on the bus can be terrifying if you're not prepared. And figuring out bus routes without a map, madness!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Homeless people on the bus can be terrifying if you're not prepared. And figuring out bus routes without a map, madness!

I once got on the wrong bus (off by one digit) and would've ended up in god drat Raisio* but the driver threw me out on the city border because inter-city tickets cost more. Close call. Welp that's my bus adventure story god bless!

*) Pictured: the town of Raisio in its entirety.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Fandom of media where the main character is a colossal, self-destructive jackass missing the point? Why that's never happened!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Dove apologises for ad showing black woman turning into white one

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/917048777864867840

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I get how the second one could just be unfortunate juxtaposition (if they had put the black woman on the right it would have been fine) but what the gently caress is the first one even trying to convey? How do you spin "our product will turn black people into white people" in a non-racist way?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Apparently it was supposed to be a whole 'Feel like a brand new person' thing, because there's also one (Or later in the same one?) where the white woman turns Asian... but it's seriously shortsighted and kinda feels like someone might have done it on purpose for controversy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

This seems relevant.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This seems relevant.

It is, but for a different reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Random Stranger posted:

Fandom of media where the main character is a colossal, self-destructive jackass missing the point? Why that's never happened!

Any media or story that reaches a mass audience and has some type of deeper meaning will be misunderstood. Think of Jesus, who brought a spirit sword to destroy society and told us to turn the other cheek in face of violence. These days his supporters vote for Trump.