Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
ok thank you

have a good night thread

congrats to lewis hamilton on his 4th WDC :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
welp nevermind potential rosberg and hamilton reunion on sky sports coming up

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVlyGejQSi0

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please watch the finish of the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 which has just gone insane

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Son of a bitch Ferrari! :negative:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hulkenberg was loving PISSED getting out of that car

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Please watch the finish of the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 which has just gone insane

I missed the F1 podium because I was watching that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fo3 posted:

I missed the F1 podium because I was watching that.

As much as I love Our Taku, you made the right decision.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
check out the late race restart which threw everything into complete chaos

https://twitter.com/supercars/status/916917606094737411

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I fell asleep.

lol Stroll. Retire Massa. There is a point where my liking for Alonso starts to dim, killing a battle for first to get a bit of attention is well out of order no matter who you are. The bird? Why sky? lol Jollyon.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
there was no battle for first.

no one killed anything.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
perhaps your American television was on an advert break when Max was a car length behind Lewis and about to attempt an overtake until Nando deliberately sandwiched himself between them - that's what the investigation is about.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

learnincurve posted:

perhaps your American television was on an advert break when Max was a car length behind Lewis and about to attempt an overtake until Nando deliberately sandwiched himself between them - that's what the investigation is about.

Way more than a car length. Alonso was well off the line then moved back to it to make the next corner.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
i watched Lewis pull 4 car lengths as max started approaching

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That's not how it looked from Max's onboard. Fact is both Fernando and Massa let Lewis right past and then held up Max. Neither one of those drivers want Seb winning Ferrari WDC, even if it means another Lewis WDC (which is saying something). It's a bit naive to think that they wouldn't push the blue flag rules to the limit to hold up a driver potentially attacking his first place.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Uh oh, spaghetti-os
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-on-cusp-of-grid-penalty-after-reprimand-963188/

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Vettel bad

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alonso got a reprimand for his Verstappen stunt, you drive a piece of poo poo Nando act like it. Maybe next year you can actually fight for positions.

The race loving sucked

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

This was a poo poo race and arrivabene should be ashamed for his teams treatment of Vettel.

Also Max WDC 2018.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Great post

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Van ginsbergen is an absolute trash man and i have never woken up to such good news

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"I'm going to support Vettel and Ferrari and be both surprised and upset when that dream team fails to put up a decent title challenge"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm so glad NBC is losing their rights. Endless commercials and Matchett and Hobbs offer the same level of insight as watching the race with your grandpa. They are literally just staring at a TV screen like I am and exclaiming 'Oh Dear!' when something happens.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wirth1000 posted:

ferrari sucks and maranello is now officially worse than naples

Dude you can't say that. Someone keep an eye on this man, they'll make him disappear

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

check out the late race restart which threw everything into complete chaos

https://twitter.com/supercars/status/916917606094737411

This is cool and good #bratwurst

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm so glad NBC is losing their rights. Endless commercials and Matchett and Hobbs offer the same level of insight as watching the race with your grandpa. They are literally just staring at a TV screen like I am and exclaiming 'Oh Dear!' when something happens.

It's funny in Australia ten/one lost their rights instantly about a month ago. They went into receivership and it was found out they owed about $20million for F1 rights, so coverage was immediately stopped. (They used to do the C4 coverage, and only a certain amount of races live with the rest being monday night highlights).
E: but somehow even though they aren't paying, it's part of the contract next year they get to cover the Melbourne race - no FTA cover here means no Melbourne race allowed, so I wonder what's going to happen.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 8, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Fo3 posted:

E: but somehow even though they aren't paying, it's part of the contract next year they get to cover the Melbourne race - no FTA cover here means no Melbourne race allowed, so I wonder what's going to happen.

I don't think it's no Melbourne Race allowed, I think your choice is "put it on FTA or don't bother selling the rights to an Australian broadcaster".

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Ahh, OK. But that means no pay TV can broadcast F1 for the whole season then. Doesn't Fox have it here? So they lose the whole F1 season if no FTA station can show Melbourne? I wonder who will be able to pick it up then.

OhsH posted:

Van ginsbergen is an absolute trash man and i have never woken up to such good news

He went off at least 3 times, maybe 4

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 8, 2017

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
AFAIK only the Australian GP comes under anti-siphoning laws (free TV before pay TV), the other GP's dont. If 10 didnt show it, another channel could buy it for one dollar because fox needs it to be on free tv

Dubs fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 8, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alonso got a reprimand for his Verstappen stunt, you drive a piece of poo poo Nando act like it. Maybe next year you can actually fight for positions.

The race loving sucked

Keep going I'm almost there

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I'm midway through watching the race replay. Is it worth finishing?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It was a pretty good race

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Residency Evil posted:

That's about when I turned it off. Didn't miss much it seems.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Residency Evil posted:

If you want to see FI, haas and renault tripping over themselves, and williams doing bad. Otherwise no.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think my favourite part of that race was Perez saying "Can I try overtaking Ocon?" and the team radio coming back with "No."

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

It was a pretty good race

I wish I had this much brain damage. Life would be alot more simple and carefree.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Wow just watched the race.

Secraptian Vettel.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I wish I had this much brain damage. Life would be alot more simple and carefree.

Instead, one too many blows to the head in an ill-fitting bin helmet have pushed you right past that level and firmly into Tifosi territory.

e: My phone wanted to auto-correct Tifosi to fossil.

Oh man, Lewis' :iceburn: on Seb re: undoing seatbelts on the slow down lap https://youtu.be/tPr5khO86Eg?t=142

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, on a good note, for Ferrari anyway, they can change out Seb's gearbox now without penalty!

• Locked thread