Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

I actually think Avengers Alliance was more fair, because if you were like me and had been playing since the start, you had an advantage, this you're hosed no matter what.

God do I miss that stupid Marvel Pokemon game, but I understand them killing it. With the X-Men lockdown in full effect and having run what, 4 years at that point, they were desperately running out of new characters to add. Still kinda mad we never got Surfer or any sort of Galactus event, but I guess they were probably firmly under the F4 embargo as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Of course they opened the X-Men gates again like 4 months later.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Goddamnit. Why did they have to add Man-Thing? I was ready to take a break, but then they had to add my favorite Marvel character. Ugh, I guess I can play for one more month.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That Madame Hydra, nothing gets by her.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
You know, I think the biggest evidence of there being a planned Punisher tv release this month is the fact that Future Fight just randomly threw a promo for an upcoming punisher special sale out of nowhere to me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KaosMachina posted:

You know, I think the biggest evidence of there being a planned Punisher tv release this month is the fact that Future Fight just randomly threw a promo for an upcoming punisher special sale out of nowhere to me

Punisher was coming out next Friday but it's delayed now.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Retro Futurist posted:

That Madame Hydra, nothing gets by her.

They say the same thing to Baron Zemo. I wonder is it a mistake.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

KaosMachina posted:

I was wondering about that. I guess its easy to change Punisher to Moon Knight.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Is this the most round about event in Avengers Academy history? You do board missions to get candy buckets to do hangouts to get flamethrowers to fight Hydra to get sunglasses to train agents to also fight Hydra to get candy to get dancing to get keys to open crates to get materials to unlock characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Is this the most round about event in Avengers Academy history? You do board missions to get candy buckets to do hangouts to get flamethrowers to fight Hydra to get sunglasses to train agents to also fight Hydra to get candy to get dancing to get keys to open crates to get materials to unlock characters.

A Force skycycles alone was worse.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

A Force skycycles alone was worse.

By the end, yeah, but just because you had to ride ep 1 skycycles to get the mats to ride Ep 2 skycycles etc. This is the most things they've ever had to do in episode one. At least there's very little random chance.

What are the oil cans and bananas for? Ranking up Dum dum and monkey?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do you get purple guns without buying the swamp? In the hangouts list, its the only thing that does, and its only available via crystals.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

twistedmentat posted:

How do you get purple guns without buying the swamp? In the hangouts list, its the only thing that does, and its only available via crystals.

Do Ep1 orange hangouts to get purple pumpkins, then use purple pumpkins to do Ep2 hangouts. If the free Ep2 hangout isn't showing up for you, it's to the left of the free Ep1 hangout under hangout selection.

Seriously, though, gently caress this event. There's a minimum 17 hour progression hurdle just to start farming materials for the first character unlock.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Maybe your page isn’t scrolling right? There’s also a chat option, with a police box as the icon. It’s the leftmost one.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

The first time I did the dance hangout after episode 2 started I didn't get any purple pumpkins. If that's what happening to you, just try doing it again (and waiting another loving 4 hours).

The event really does suck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Radio! posted:

The first time I did the dance hangout after episode 2 started I didn't get any purple pumpkins. If that's what happening to you, just try doing it again (and waiting another loving 4 hours).

The event really does suck.

What you have to do is click the hangout action to get back to the list, and choose it again.

Leaving it pre-selected is the episode 1 version (even though it's no longer an option) because Tinyco.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's actually more infuriating because it's so dumb.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't see that, but yea, you need to do the chapter 1 to get the purple pumpkins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New characters for Thor event (or voiced ones anyway):
Grandmaster
Korg
Valkyrie
Miek

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Jane Foster Thor will probably be in some kind of box or something. I'm kind of hoping for the Lady Loki costume to make rounds again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We should be getting early access to Thor too or else this will be a strange event.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
They'll likely make Thor an unachievable 'Final Prize' character.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Man I am sure am having fun not leveling any of these new characters up.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Retro Futurist posted:

Man I am sure am having fun not leveling any of these new characters up.

TinyCo exec: New plan guys. Make the rank up items controlled by RNG.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's super annoying but at least combat level doesn't seem gated by character level.

(Or at least I haven't hit the gate at the rates I've been getting materials.)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

No no, I have an even better idea. They're controlled by RNG, but in order to even have a chance at them you need to win with ANOTHER RNG! *everyone gets a raise*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The other stuff is all consistent. It's actually less RNG than usual for normal progression, just not the rank items.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Question IRL posted:

This is how Family Guy Quest for Stuff works. You need to gather stuff to unlock characters and buildings and it was all RNG gated AND time sensative. Need 10 lube to unlock Geordi during the Star Trek event? Better get them all withing 48 hours with an 6 hour time between drops.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Meanwhile I'm kind of adoring the Future Fight version of everything. "Here, have a new mode with a bunch of crap and also if you've leveled the characters you get some bonus stuff on top."

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I've only gotten Dum Dum from this event as I just don't give a single drat about anyone else involved, I'm close to dropping this altogether if we don't get a main story expansion soon, but I'm sure at this point TinyCo has no idea how to actually continue things without making people pay up and the monthly events are the only thing financially keeping this alive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just realized the outfit for Coulson is the Reb Brown Cap costume.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I just realized the outfit for Coulson is the Reb Brown Cap costume.

Yeah, it's great. Too bad it's loving impossible to get unless you want to pay for it. And that's supposed to be one of the F2P costumes. This event loving sucked and I only kept up because I really wanted Man Thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no F2P costumes in this event.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

There's no F2P costumes in this event.

I think I got Mockingbird's for nothing. Don't remember having to do anything but accept it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but you probably didn’t do it in week 1.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just want to get the Thor event started. I want my Tessa Thompson Valkyrie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And it’s up

Valkyrie is the premium

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gladiator Hulk (not the same one from before) is also a premium costume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hopefully having all the characters from last year will help in this event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I have Odin, Frigga and Sif. If I can keep up with the event, I might actually nab an early Thor!

• Locked thread