Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Suspect Bucket posted:

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS. My jam, right here.

It's like the textured wall fad spread to a countertop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Counters are cheap. Get what you like now and change it in 5 years if you feel like it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Decor to die for.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I dunno, I get a restaurant/hotel vibe from those. Like, I wouldn't mind spending a few nights there but it's not somewhere I'd want to live.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I dunno, I get a restaurant/hotel vibe from those. Like, I wouldn't mind spending a few nights there but it's not somewhere I'd want to live.

Those half circle chairs in the livingroom are insanely good. You can push them together to make a little cradle for your guns.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Facebook Aunt posted:

Look how edgy I am everybody

Hey go gently caress yourself.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Facebook Aunt posted:

Those half circle chairs in the livingroom are insanely good. You can push them together to make a little cradle for your guns.

It's like some kind of tacky space bathtub.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's like some kind of tacky space bathtub.

I know, right? I stared at that thing way too long trying to figure out what it was. Some sort of bassinet? Had to look at the hotel promotional images to figure out "oh, it is two chairs". Just a gilded purple nightmare.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
If you're going to do that lamp, you might as well just get an Arco. Are those stools even Cherners?

Something about that place strikes me as "cheap Donaldesque imitation"

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Tell me everyone knows what they are looking at please.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Phil Moscowitz posted:

A travesty on many levels.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Its the hotel room of the vegas shooter.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have any opinions on the Haiku Home fans? I mainly want something as silent as possible that will still move a bit of air. I know there have to be cheaper alternatives but I don't know where to find what's crap and not.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Variable 5 posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Haiku Home fans? I mainly want something as silent as possible that will still move a bit of air. I know there have to be cheaper alternatives but I don't know where to find what's crap and not.

They're made in my hometown by a company mainly known for giant fans for outdoors, industrial areas, etc. There's a fair few Haiku around, as they like to give their employees a pretty steep discount. From friends who have them, they're very well made but they wouldn't spend the money on them if they didn't get the discount, just because it is so steep.

As for cheaper fans, I was looking recently and the problem isn't build quality or reliability, it's style. Low-end ceiling fans are so ugly, I'm convinced it's part of a marketing plan to get you to upgrade. The cheapest of the cheap are louder / more vibrate-y than the mid-grade, but after that it seems like you just start paying for design.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

vonnegutt posted:

They’re made in my hometown by a company mainly known for giant fans for outdoors, industrial areas, etc. There’s a fair few Haiku around, as they like to give their employees a pretty steep discount. From friends who have them, they’re very well made but they wouldn’t spend the money on them if they didn’t get the discount, just because it is so steep.

As for cheaper fans, I was looking recently and the problem isn’t build quality or reliability, it’s style. Low-end ceiling fans are so ugly, I’m convinced it’s part of a marketing plan to get you to upgrade. The cheapest of the cheap are louder / more vibrate-y than the mid-grade, but after that it seems like you just start paying for design.

Good to know, thanks. I spent $150 on a fan that was highly recommended and $35 on a remote and was just dissatisfied overall - the fan never would really balance, the remote worked only one time out of a hundred, it was loud, and the dimmer didn't support LEDs. I don't have a problem spending more but I want to make sure the issues I have get fixed as the cost goes up.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

TTerrible posted:

Its the hotel room of the vegas shooter.

lol had no idea

Suddenly the guns and TB's reaction makes a lot more sense

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

lol had no idea

That's just how Americans decorate

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Decor to die for.

I found this to be in exceedingly poor taste.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

That's just how Americans decorate

well that or anime scrolls

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I found this to be in exceedingly poor taste.

Okay.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
[quote="“Facebook Aunt”" post="“477131018”"]
Okay.
[/quote]

I think he means the decor

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i stayed at a b&b that had concrete everything you could make out of it (floor, countertops, tub surround, bathroom counter, etc)

it was classy as hell but i wouldn't want it in my house

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Variable 5 posted:

Honestly I think that Big rear end Fans is a perfectly acceptable brand for a home decor fan and am a little sad they decided to make a separate brand for their home items.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Honestly I think that Big rear end Fans is a perfectly acceptable brand for a home decor fan and am a little sad they decided to make a separate brand for their home items.

A Big rear end Fan would really compliment my bidet.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

oh McMansion Hell

I'm the little Jesus niche

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Reminder to realtors that the HDR setting can and, in many cases, should be turned off.

Oh, who am I kidding. Please keep photoshopping in that perfect blue sky on the exterior shot, too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My youngest daughter made little squealing noises of delight at the Disney and loony toons bedroom.

It's not a collectors room - toys would be in the unopened boxes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

I'm the little Jesus niche
I'm disappointed that it didn't have Buddy Jesus in it.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Holy rap, that whole house is a litany of bad design choices:

Horrible wall textures in every room:

Horrible stenciled cherubs. Effort? Nah, the house is only 1.3 million dollars. Also, note the amount of foam everywhere.

This room makes no sense.

Someone thought this was attractive.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Youth Decay posted:

My dream house here

This is the coolest house I have ever seen, but what happens when it hails

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

lol had no idea

Ohhhhhhh. :aaaaa:

underage at the vape shop posted:

This is the coolest house I have ever seen, but what happens when it hails

:swoon:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

YOU GUYS

On the left is the main fireplace (out of 5 in the house) which has a working beehive oven!

(not pictured: the informal living room, home office, 4 bathrooms and in-law suite)

Built in 1790! Look at those gorgeous super-wide-beam floors, from before New England was totally depleted of trees of that size. And while I'm sure historical purists aren't big fans I love the little pops of color. They make the house seem much more lively and less like a drab museum piece. Like I can actually picture regular 21st-century people living here.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:drat: I was anticipating something far less fabulous from the frumpy exterior. I'd live the hell out of that house. All it needs is a bbq deck.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Youth Decay posted:

YOU GUYS

On the left is the main fireplace (out of 5 in the house) which has a working beehive oven!

(not pictured: the informal living room, home office, 4 bathrooms and in-law suite)

Built in 1790! Look at those gorgeous super-wide-beam floors, from before New England was totally depleted of trees of that size. And while I'm sure historical purists aren't big fans I love the little pops of color. They make the house seem much more lively and less like a drab museum piece. Like I can actually picture regular 21st-century people living here.

I really like this house.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

peanut posted:

:drat: I was anticipating something far less fabulous from the frumpy exterior. I'd live the hell out of that house. All it needs is a bbq deck.

There's a little grilling space out back, and with an acre of land you can easily put in something fancier...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

10/10 would live there, until I fall drunkenly down that stair and kill myself.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Why is there a doll, or photo thereof in every room

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Why is there a doll, or photo thereof in every room

Those are the previous owners.

Join us...

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

That house is hella haunted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shirec posted:

That house is hella haunted

So you're saying it comes with built-in friends