Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Yeah, no big. Just came up with a super common word all my supporters shout constantly. Not like I'd ever notice. It's too mainstream these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

Doesn't the UAE execute people for drinking and having sex?

Extremely no.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I mean it's not like anything has changed, but what a loving moron.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BigDave posted:

Doesn't the UAE execute people for drinking and having sex?

only if you are a girl.
Edit: and poor.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Extremely no.

Yeah the UAE is one of the more progressive countries in the ME. Drinking outside and dressing too casually are still frowned on, but they don't have religious police that will beat you and arrest you for that stuff.

There's still issues with slave labor, though, IIRC.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

:tif:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

psydude posted:

Yeah the US is one of the more progressive countries in the West. Drinking outside and dressing too casually are still frowned on in places, but they don't have religious police that will beat you and arrest you for that stuff.

Fixed that for ya

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My reasoning is that if I'm going to live in a corporate dystopian hellscape with a government that has nothing but distain for the common folk I might as well live in a place that doesn't try and hide it, and get paid more in the process.

Alternatively I would just leave the planet, but alas I'm born far too soon to get off this rock.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

psydude posted:

Yeah the UAE is one of the more progressive countries in the ME. Drinking outside and dressing too casually are still frowned on, but they don't have religious police that will beat you and arrest you for that stuff.

It's still a medieval dictatorship with a pretty Facade

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/06/british-tourist-faces-jail-in-dubai-after-brushing-against-man-in-bar

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So Trump started tweeting dumb poo poo about Bob Corker today.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917026789188399105
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917029060471152640
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917030148867682304

Corker just dropped this gem.

https://twitter.com/SenBobCorker/status/917045348820049920

:perfect:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm no fan of Corker, but bravo for standing up and swinging his balls around. However tiny those GOP held balls are.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Remember when twitter was an SMS-based service

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'm no fan of Corker, but bravo for standing up and swinging his balls around. However tiny those GOP held balls are.

John McCain becomes ever more concerned.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What's the bob corker thing all about anyway?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Blind Rasputin posted:

What's the bob corker thing all about anyway?

Corker is retiring after his second term, like he said he would. He's a statesman conservative Republican, sort of like one of the Senators that makes the institution work, as the chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He was originally up for Secretary of State and he helped Trump early on foreign policy.

Eventually Corker saw that Trump wasn't improving and started speaking out a few months ago. On top of that, Corker is a classic fiscal conservative and hasn't completely forgotten about it just because it's a Republican Congress. Most have, he hasn't.

So Trump and Congress are pushing a deficit-busting tax cut and Corker is speaking out about it.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 8, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Jeez you make him sound like one of the good ones.

Is he at least a horrible racist and vocally anti LGBT?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Corker is one of the few dudes that does what it says on the tin. I mean yeah the tin says "rotten human being" but hey.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah, I mean I don't agree with him politically at all, but if I wanted someone at least slightly half-decent to represent a state in Congress, Corker would be a good pick. He's mostly standard Republican in his positions, but he does slightly accept climate change. He's just one of those types that are hyper pro-business and doesn't much care to dabble very much in social policies. He's more interested in the business stuff and being hawkish on foreign policy/wars.

I forgot though, last week, Corker said that Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly separate our country from chaos. Probably been on Trump's radar for a Mean Tweet since then.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Jeez you make him sound like one of the good ones.

Is he at least a horrible racist and vocally anti LGBT?

Yes, he's a loving Republican. He's against all the usual things, like aid programs, gay rights and women's rights.

Just enjoy the burn for what it is and recognize that it's a shitheel fighting an even worse shitheel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Yes, he's a loving Republican. He's against all the usual things, like aid programs, gay rights and women's rights.

Just enjoy the burn for what it is and recognize that it's a shitheel fighting an even worse shitheel.

Yeah I'm not against conservative principles in general. It acts as a good balance to stuff going to far the other direction.
Guess I'll just have to enjoy the right eating itself.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I'm not against conservative principles in general. It acts as a good balance to stuff going to far the other direction.
Guess I'll just have to enjoy the right eating itself.

In a sane and balanced country, yeah, you want someone that is a normal-world version of the word "conservative". Someone saying, "whoa, hey, let's think about these changes we're gonna make. Don't blow up the whole building and burn it to ashes in the name of fixing it"

Republicans have long, long ago given up on "conservatism" and transitioned that slow and steady approach into "gently caress you, got mine, lie through your teeth about tax cuts for our rich donors solving any, every, and all problems at all times, in all places, so do nothing for anyone else, ever because that might be too expensive"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

To be fair. It was really good burn.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/VP/status/917074120084516865

Good, please leave Indiana as quick as possible.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

But he was at plenty of Trump rallies?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

https://twitter.com/alexqarbuckle/status/917075057075281920

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Aww, little triggered snowflake needs a safe space from free speech :qq:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

To be fair. It was really good burn.

And Trump is still a liar.

quote:

President Donald Trump's tweets Sunday morning claiming he denied Sen. Bob Corker's request for an endorsement are false, two sources familiar with the discussions said.

Trump told Corker he was going to endorse him the day the Tennessee Republican announced his intention to retire, the sources said.
"The President called the senator early last week and asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek re-election and reaffirmed that he would have endorsed him, as he has said many times," one of the sources said.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fister Roboto posted:

Aww, little triggered snowflake needs a safe space from free speech :qq:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917091286607433728

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Oh, come on, Donald. The quarterback taking a knee is just a way to run down the clock. It's been part of football forever.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Everywhere they go someone should take a knee so they'll leave.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Also, as a side note, Pence's Press Pool (PPP? :pisstape:) was asked to stay in the van because the vice president may be leaving the game early.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This is magic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

KildarX posted:

This is magic.

I dont get it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

I dont get it.

A photographer at Mashable changed his display name to Rick and Morty Creator and said he's gonna delete Rick and Morty, Hilarity ensues in the comments.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

KildarX posted:

A photographer at Mashable changed his display name to Rick and Morty Creator and said he's gonna delete Rick and Morty, Hilarity ensues in the comments.

Oh. I figured that was his right but then again I dont care for it much.

Not to say it isnt amusing it's just not my favorite.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So you can still change your name if you're verified? Haha holy poo poo Twitter is dumb

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/917082608130981888

It was most likely, shocker, a pre-planned publicity stunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

shyduck posted:

It was most likely, shocker, a pre-planned publicity stunt

I won't believe this until somebody posts a President Trump tweet in which he both confirms and claims responsibility for this.

I hope someone posts it in this thread.

• Locked thread