Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

red19fire posted:

Why does the mans grab the top bullet in the stripper clip when he's loading it?

Dunno how true it is but according to the bf mosin nagant wiki page it's to "press down the remaining rounds to prevent malignment of the bullet rims, which was a common problem with real life 7.62 Russian ammunition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's not for rimlock. Rimlock can happen on basically any round except the last one and it's a pain in the dick, although it's most common on the top one.

You do that finger thing to eject the stripper, which is shown in the animation. Here's video of some guy explaining and demonstrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvltYX99sh0&t=50s

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Do they have plans on nerfing the hellreigel? Because holy poo poo, 9 out of 10 assaults use it and I get killed from ridiculous ranges. Right now progressing through assault unlocks and only like shotguns so I see why it's popular, I grabbed it from the ground and is straight up better than anything.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Guillermus posted:

Do they have plans on nerfing the hellreigel? Because holy poo poo, 9 out of 10 assaults use it and I get killed from ridiculous ranges. Right now progressing through assault unlocks and only like shotguns so I see why it's popular, I grabbed it from the ground and is straight up better than anything.

Welcum 2 Battlingfields

Been a good six months of the hellbeagle being insanely good I dunno if it'll ever eat a nerf

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Hellriegel is easy mode for people with genetic thumb disorders. They'll nerf it if good players start using it.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
The Hellrigel and A10 Hunter have been the most overpowered assault weapons since the game came out, don't expect them to change now. It is pretty infuriating to die over and over again to them, though

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laminator posted:

The Hellrigel and A10 Hunter have been the most overpowered assault weapons since the game came out, don't expect them to change now. It is pretty infuriating to die over and over again to them, though

I'm a newbie in BF1 but a veteran in battlefield games (played every of them since 1942) and it screams OP. Recent memories of AN-94/M60 from Bad Company 2, M16a3 from BF3 and AEK from BF4.

At least they're buffing LMGs so I'll trade some deaths after the patch.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

After several hundred hours of gameplay, here's how 80% of your deaths will go

Assault player, between levels 14 and 98
Using the Hellriegel or A-10 Hunter with between 3 and 78 services stars
Ping somewhere between 80 and 160
Logo is either default, or has a skull, cannabis leaf, or number 69 somewhere in it
Will appear to aim down sights about 40% of the time on kill cam

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The SMG 08/18 factory is a better hellreigel IMO

edit: I felt bad about this, but in my defense it was not intentional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiml1d2ykgA

Also, when the hunter becomes the hunted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMOBQVM9Jqg

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 8, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Laminator posted:

Logo is either default, or has a skull, cannabis leaf, or number 69 somewhere in it

lol. :(

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

CornHolio posted:

edit: I felt bad about this, but in my defense it was not intentional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiml1d2ykgA

lol this is me except intentional, and every map

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Laminator posted:

It's me

I never get killed by the 10-A it is my waifu she would never do that to me

Nor do I eat any rockets they are also my wife

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dear snipers: gently caress off with your bullshit already. I don't mean on the opposing team, I mean on mine. You are doing gently caress all as evidenced by your score and also us losing and being at the back of the map in our own turf doesn't really make you a great spawn point. Thank you for your time.

Oh, having 2 and 3 snipers in a group owns.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Just go harass them with smoke grenades as support so you can replenish your supply.

I do this with the pieces of poo poo that never leave spawn in heavy tanks doing fuckall too.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Do better than smokes. Bring limpets and blow up all the cover that's inevitably around them. Also do that to tank snipers who sit way behind your lines instead of pushing.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Speaking of limpets, I've been having a lot of fun recently tossing them into enemy-held buildings and racking up kills off the debris. If you haven't tried this as Support, you should. Limpets will basically demolish any small building in one stroke.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Limpets are just the best.

Someone shared a video a while back of some loving legend skydiving out of a plane and destroying a behemoth with one.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Russian maps bad, but also bad teams REALLY FUCKIN BAD holy poo poo breastler and I rolling with two of his friends just... prevented a team from losing immediately? For three rounds

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Just lol if you don't run a 4 man squad flying heavy bombers with a support repairing and dropping limpets out the window

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Just lol if you don't run a 4 man squad flying heavy bombers with a support repairing and dropping limpets out the window

This is the most pointlessly ridiculous but fun thing to do since the expansion.

e: or running 2 in each plane flying in formation doing the same, just don't fly too close

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epilot5280/video/37339483

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Limpets rule. I demolish all the buildings.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Are any of the specializations worth unlocking other than the one that keeps you from being spotted by flares when moving slowly? They all seem kind of lame. There isn't even one to get more magazines. Thats like perks 101. How are they so bad at this basic stuff?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Ask me if anyone notices all the happy fun stuff I put into my syringes :smith:

hell i barely even notice the base 10% suppressed sprint perk myself

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sunday at work posted:

Are any of the specializations worth unlocking other than the one that keeps you from being spotted by flares when moving slowly? They all seem kind of lame. There isn't even one to get more magazines. Thats like perks 101. How are they so bad at this basic stuff?

Well I imagine balancing anything serious would break a lot of hard work.

Also Because dice, contrast this with the lovingly crafted literal individual reload animations we were gushing over with the Mosin

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Lest we forget we're a year and two expansions in and quit still doesn't work right. :dice:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Also now if you try to join a friend's session on a full server via the party screen it doesn't let you, it cannot find the game. You CAN join if you physically look up he server name!

What. Is the point. Of the queue then??

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah they should make the perks more like call of duty

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Petition to bring back Marathon/Lightweight/Commando Pro combo

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
The medic ones are pretty cool, except that the smoke one just randomly activates when a nearby teammate dies, not when you actually revive them.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Apparently when you play as the communists, the "Russian kit" doesn't count. I need 25 kills with the Russian sniper kit, and I had to switch teams to get them. I was using the Mosin-Nagant infantry.

also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opwFdQZ9f6E

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 10, 2017

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

lambskin posted:

The medic ones are pretty cool, except that the smoke one just randomly activates when a nearby teammate dies, not when you actually revive them.

I actually love this one, it lets me save my smokes for other situations or take another type of grenade :)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laminator posted:

I'm only rank 50 and the Hellriegel counts for 60% of my deaths, being another 20% a random sniper doing nothing at the other side of the map and the 20% left a mix of other stuff.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Guillermus posted:

I'm only rank 50 and the Hellriegel counts for 60% of my deaths, being another 20% a random sniper doing nothing at the other side of the map and the 20% left a mix of other stuff.

This is painfully accurate

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you 72% damage for trip wires and gently caress you stupid unlock challenges I have to complete regardless of gun. :argh:

Real talk I am bummed about explosion nerfing. I used to use the rocket gun to take out shiny-scoped snipers but it just isn't as fun anymore

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

best bale posted:

gently caress you 72% damage for trip wires and gently caress you stupid unlock challenges I have to complete regardless of gun. :argh:

Real talk I am bummed about explosion nerfing. I used to use the rocket gun to take out shiny-scoped snipers but it just isn't as fun anymore

they really have become much less functional, it's very sad. I also never saw the community express a need or desire to nerf explosives, Dice just up and did it because welp!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I think Dice have been working really hard to make tanks effective. In BF3/4 one support guy could run out, toss C4 on a tank, run away and blow it up no problem, to say nothing of the days where we'd use a laser designator and hit every tank simultaneously with 3 javelins the second it left its spawn.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

best bale posted:

I ended up getting on opposite teams with a friend and we knocked those all out in a round after spending the better part of a week and only getting 2 or 3 tripwire kills. Explosives nerf just makes no sense.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Chemmy posted:

I think Dice have been working really hard to make tanks effective. In BF3/4 one support guy could run out, toss C4 on a tank, run away and blow it up no problem, to say nothing of the days where we'd use a laser designator and hit every tank simultaneously with 3 javelins the second it left its spawn.

which is weird in the BF1 setting considering tanks were... less than perfect at the time and played a late / small role in the conflict at large.

Also ignores the idea that you could just you know. Add more armor to tanks? If they're not surviving! My impact grenade shouldn't be more dangerous than an anti-tank grenade to infantry none of this poo poo was like, technologically mastered or shaped charges or whatever, like, an anti-tank grenade in 1917 was just like a Regular Grenade Except Bigger!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"Haha totally dodged that arty truck trying to run me over, fukken owned scru--"

https://i.imgur.com/acuWcQv.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

which is weird in the BF1 setting considering tanks were... less than perfect at the time and played a late / small role in the conflict at large.

Also ignores the idea that you could just you know. Add more armor to tanks? If they're not surviving! My impact grenade shouldn't be more dangerous than an anti-tank grenade to infantry none of this poo poo was like, technologically mastered or shaped charges or whatever, like, an anti-tank grenade in 1917 was just like a Regular Grenade Except Bigger!

Most of the weapons were kind of jerry-rigged in the era anyway, the anti-tank grenade is just 6-8 regular grenades wrapped around a half a baseball bat. It's insane that 3 bundles of dynamite only does like 60 damage to the heavy tank. not sticking to vehicles is enough of a nerf.

All this supports my theory that :dice: only listens to the 'community' via reddit, which is full of just the worst tanklords and edge campers, aka the toxic, worthless part of The Community. It's the snipers who hide on the hills of Grappa plinking and going 6-1 from 200m away, mad that they're getting merked by rocket guns.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 10, 2017