Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll bet next time I get that propane filled I could make it last 5 or 6 days instead of 3 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

DICK DICER posted:

I guess the latest video didnt post to the group like intended so here's a direct link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1532443623504090&id=100002154000084

I could watch this all day, it's like Mad Max reimagined as reality TV.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2gr5JhvUhY

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Aaaaand then Warp Riders fucks with my state of mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKI_U9ENwU

E: goddamn I love that album cover.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DICK DICER posted:

At least the only gas I smell is definitely not propane

So, one time when I was a wee lad, I was camping with the family. We had a nice old 23' wilderness trailer, bunks in the back for us kids, a double up front for the parents, furnace right at the head of the bunks, water heater, luxury - things were good in the Canadian Rockies.

So one day Dad was thoroughly enjoying his cheap scotch after a long hard week of work, and we all turn in at nightfall. Now, for safety, dad had installed an electric propane detector near the furnace, for safety you see. Well, this night Dad decided to play a little prank on young Slung Blade, and he ripped a monster fart just as he was walking past my bed.

Now, if you're familiar with genre, scotch farts are a special brand of awful. Cheap scotch is especially bad for this, and the smell was incredible. We groaned, yelled, laughed, twas all good fun. But the cloud spread.

Turns out propane detectors are just as good at detecting heinous farts as they are propane.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dannywilson posted:

Aaaaand then Warp Riders fucks with my state of mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKI_U9ENwU

E: goddamn I love that album cover.

This is good poo poo.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Slung Blade posted:

Now, if you're familiar with genre, scotch farts are a special brand of awful. Cheap scotch is especially bad for this, and the smell was incredible. We groaned, yelled, laughed, twas all good fun. But the cloud spread.

Turns out propane detectors are just as good at detecting heinous farts as they are propane.

Your dad sounds like he'd get along really well with 14. :v:

(hell me too, especially after the batch of beans I made tonight...)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I discovered that Frank's Red Hot gives me the burning shits whereas Sriracha or uncountable nights of Taco Bell don't.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw a visibly deformed grasshopper crawling from the patch of desolation it's probably unrelated to the liberal use of panther piss right

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Please don't Cronenberg up DjDaddo's field, at least not before the truck works and you have some means of escape.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

I just saw a visibly deformed grasshopper crawling from the patch of desolation it's probably unrelated to the liberal use of panther piss right

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Finished clearancing the manifold to pedal interference

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

can you wire up a simple circuit such that when they make contact, it lights up a "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" light on the dash?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Have you written down a list of what the truck needs to be driveable? Not trying to ride your rear end or anything, I was just thinking it might be helpful to have something like a checklist for prioritization/reference. Also might be helpful in figuring out if any parts need to be ordered so you don't end up sitting around waiting for them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Have you written down a list of what the truck needs to be driveable? Not trying to ride your rear end or anything, I was just thinking it might be helpful to have something like a checklist for prioritization/reference. Also might be helpful in figuring out if any parts need to be ordered so you don't end up sitting around waiting for them.

Yeah a lot of that is in the note book labelled OH GOD with dicks all over the cover

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah a lot of that is in the note book labelled OH GOD with dicks all over the cover

Have you lost this yet?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Eh, the list is pretty small at this point.

It's basically:
Wire up the lights
Finish the brakes
Hook up coolant
Fill with fluids
And time permitting, routing the exhaust.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
When are you supposed to arrive? Another couple weeks?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Applebees Appetizer posted:

This is good poo poo.

The Sword are nerdy as poo poo, they were writing songs about A Song of Ice and Fire years before HBO picked it up as Game of Thrones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjtXEJ64C8I

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Eh, the list is pretty small at this point.

It's basically:
Wire up the lights
Finish the brakes
Hook up coolant
Fill with fluids
And time permitting, routing the exhaust.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that close. Has the engine run since cobbled together a harness and fuel pump last year?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Fermented Tinal posted:

When are you supposed to arrive? Another couple weeks?

If all goes to plan, in about 2 weeks.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

glyph posted:

Wow, I didn't realize it was that close. Has the engine run since cobbled together a harness and fuel pump last year?

What are you talking about? That's been done for a while now. It's already ran last year.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
God loving drat im about to go start looking for used chew bottles on the road to butt bong for nicotine HELP I CAN'T STOP

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
FYI every time I get sent money it buys like 2 pacKS and the rest into food I couldn't otherwise buy (ie hot food) to try to make the EBT last long enough. Think I'm going through like 4k calories a day over here

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Video links to today's work so far

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/permalink/703965863142401/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/permalink/704054966466824/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/permalink/704056533133334/

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

ExplodingSims posted:

What are you talking about? That's been done for a while now. It's already ran last year.

I think they were wondering if it had been started in the past few months or is it possible the fuel system has gummed up.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Hatter posted:

I think they were wondering if it had been started in the past few months or is it possible the fuel system has gummed up.

I fully drained the fuel ssystem in entirety before leaving last year

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whoever the gently caress that was who single handedly saved valentine yet again from a horrific string of deaths caused by werepenis, you're a god drat ANGEL.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Whoever the gently caress that was who single handedly saved valentine yet again from a horrific string of deaths caused by werepenis, you're a god drat ANGEL.

I dunno about the werepenis (first time for everything) but gaht drat that link is hilarious and is v true.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

I dunno about the werepenis (first time for everything) but gaht drat that link is hilarious and is v true.

Matt Brauer is like looking into a fun house mirror at a world I never lived, because he tells stories in the way I would if I had been there.

That's not the point and wildcattin' are also loving gold

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Must have missed the follow up, I only seem to remember a triumphant late night YouTube video Dave had posted of it running, then the follow up video the next day showing just how kludged it was.

Sounds like there was more after that with the truck running with the van engine, guess I'd missed that. Sorry :shobon:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

glyph posted:

I only seem to remember a triumphant late night YouTube video Dave had posted of it running, then the follow up video the next day showing just how kludged it was.

Yep, that sounds about right where episode one left off.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

Yep, that sounds about right where episode one left off.

That, uh, that's also pretty much how I intended to drive it

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
You ever try swedish snus? The nice thing about it is it's way stronger than american dip and you can throw them back in your mouth to catch a recycled buzz a few times before it really dies.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

You ever try swedish snus? The nice thing about it is it's way stronger than american dip and you can throw them back in your mouth to catch a recycled buzz a few times before it really dies.

I did, but how am I supposed to look devil may care and bad rear end with a hamster scrotum in my mouth

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol that reminds me why my friends never let me hold their hamster again

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Matt Brauer is like looking into a fun house mirror at a world I never lived, because he tells stories in the way I would if I had been there.

That's not the point and wildcattin' are also loving gold

Have watched all of those now and yes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*gets interrupted mid celebration hanging "3" on trips into town without flat tire board, slowly resets board to 0 as cheers and applause die away*

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol drat ittttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How many miles a day are you riding? I mean you're burning mega calories and it's probably really good to be getting into shape and all, but I get the impression you're also kind of touring that part of the state in your free time, too.

Also, is cooking meals from ingredients still not really an option? Like, buy some potatoes, maybe, or rice, or some high carb low cost low effort hot food...?

• Locked thread