Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Scathach posted:

Who the gently caress lives an entire tank away from any McDonald's but still has internet and Twitter?

The promotion was only in America so these Canucks had to drive a ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Scathach posted:

Who the gently caress lives an entire tank away from any McDonald's but still has internet and Twitter?

This guy drove to McDonald's, found out they didn't have any sauce and so went to the next McDonald's and continued until he gave up. To use an entire loving tank of gas he either has to have a goddamned monster truck or spent literal hours and most of a day going from one to another.

I literally can't imagine caring this much about McDonald's or szechuan sauce no matter how much I liked the show it was marketed with.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's only select McDonald's as well. Still pathetic though to be clear.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dude needs to learn how to make his own sauce goddamn.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The marketing of nostalgia is one thing, but these guys are genuinely upset that the nostalgia of a fictional character is not being sufficiently marketed to.

Fandom is cancer.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scathach posted:

Dude needs to learn how to make his own sauce goddamn.

Or just buy it from the super market. You can literally get jugs of the stuff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So, am I right in assuming the Cartoon Sauce was originally discontinued because it just didn't sell that well on account of, I don't know, not being all that good?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It was originally a limited time promotion for Mulan

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

So, am I right in assuming the Cartoon Sauce was originally discontinued because it just didn't sell that well on account of, I don't know, not being all that good?

Nah, it was supposedly really popular in the 90s (it was a Mulan tie-in) but eventually just got phased out.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just sugary "Asian-inspired" garbage squeezins, but this time marketed to thirty-something white dweebs who've destroyed their ability to taste actual flavors with decades of eating salty greasebomb fast food and 99¢ gas station cup noodles.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Punkin Spunkin posted:

ahh yeah I guess they closed off the twitter. it was edgy incels reacting to the NPR tweet bout this article http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017/10/06/555363108/for-traumatized-children-an-offer-of-help-from-the-muppets going THAT'S LIFE & NO MORE SAFE SPACES

I really have noticed a funny confluence between these brokebrain internet/alt right/idiot gamer weeabo people and the toxic childfree reddit crowd.

Ehh, not really. Most of the childfree people tend to be pretty liberal.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Really wise of Assange to insert himself into a conversation on sexual assault, no wonder he's so respected

Inserting himself where he doesn't belong was how he got into this mess. I don't think he knows another way.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Who wants more Vegas conspiracy theories?

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Or just buy it from the super market. You can literally get jugs of the stuff.

There was a Tumblr post I saw, with images of small McDonald's packets of the sauce being sold on EBay for ridiculous amounts of money. Meanwhile, anyone could dash to the supermarket and buy a whole bottle full to dip their chicken nuggets in, and only set themselves back about four or five dollars.

I don't know much about this cartoon, but I'm thinking that some of these fans might not be as clever as they keep insisting they are.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Really wise of Assange to insert himself into a conversation on sexual assault, no wonder he's so respected

He's quite familiar with the subject.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

impossiboobs posted:

Inserting himself where he doesn't belong was how he got into this mess. I don't think he knows another way.

:holymoley:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Blind Pineapple posted:

Who wants more Vegas conspiracy theories?

So apparently in conspiracy land, suitcases don't exist

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
When I was 11, I was preventing the decline of Western values, unlike today's degenerate children.

Amazing how people can get over an 11 year old's texts, if they even happened.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'm still a bit iffy on 11-year-olds dating, but even to me "when I was growing up 11 year old girls learned how to keep house and cook" was a bit much.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
What he doesn't mention is that he's a vampire and grew up in the 17th century

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

toanoradian posted:

I'm still a bit iffy on 11-year-olds dating, but even to me "when I was growing up 11 year old girls learned how to keep house and cook" was a bit much.

they're probably dating in the way that adolescent children generally "date"

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

toanoradian posted:

Kids always aspire to be like the next age-group up, so preteens want to be like teens and mimic their behavior. So they date and have boy/girlfriends which amounts to hanging out with a certain person the way you do the rest of your friends and talking about how you're together.

It can actually be a good thing because a preteen dating another preteen is less likely to respond to advances from an older teen or adult. Pregnant 11, 12, and 13 year-old girls are getting that way because of adults, not from holding hands with other middle schoolers.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Mike "the whitest white man in all of whitendom" Pence, ladies, gents, and in between:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/917074120084516865

fe: just in case he violates the Records Act:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Here's the extended facebook edition:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

toanoradian posted:

I couldn't bring myself to read that but when I were a lad they only started learning that stuff (at school) at 13 years old. So did the boys of course. And they still do.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Are you supposed to capitalize flag like that? Like I'm sure that's proper etiquette according to some rules and regulations somewhere but it sure looks odd

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Were some of you guys never 11?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Zelder posted:

Are you supposed to capitalize flag like that? Like I'm sure that's proper etiquette according to some rules and regulations somewhere but it sure looks odd

No, you're not supposed to capitalize flag. It's ridiculous. As ridiculous as this whole publicity stunt that cost taxpayers at least $200,000.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I was browsing the Google FB page for my daily dose of "whipped cream near me" posts and found this doozy.

Article:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Sure looks like that, there was plenty of "dating" at my school at that age. Cell phones too, FWIW.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/917195311390482433

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

veni veni veni posted:

The only thing I know of "keeping house" when I was 11 is to turn off the playstation when it's finished. Throw everything in the Big Bin unless it's metal. Call dad when the angry calls started. Put back the books I've read.

All I knew about cooking then was how to turn on the rice cooker and how to tell when the kettle finished boiling.

Man, I was a privileged, spoiled 11-year-old. Can't even keep chickens alive.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Nah, I was very advanced for my age so I was able to skip from 9 years old to 14.

And let me tell you, I was not prepared for all that 'tang.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Besesoth posted:

Mike "the whitest white man in all of whitendom" Pence, ladies, gents, and in between:

Conservative Christians really need to read up on the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Besesoth posted:

To continue on this, apparently, mother-lover here had another meeting planned in the evening. And Donnie claims he told him to do it. So he flew in a private jet to walk out of a game.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

This is actually really funny to me.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Intoluene posted:

This is actually really funny to me.

Hays code whaaaaat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also IIRC Lucille specifically set up her own production house so her and her husband could sell their TV Show idea that would eventually become I Love Lucy, and then they approved Star Trek for production as well. Lucille Ball? More like Lucille Baller. Yup. Without I Love Lucy, Star Trek may never have become a thing. also not only was Lucille Ball responsible for allowing Star Trek to exist her studio also did the Mission: Impossible TV show. She was way more than a dated sitcom. Not quite "Hedy Lamarr inventing sonar" impressive, but it's up there.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Oct 9, 2017