Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
All Might names his attacks after US States, Midoriya seems to be naming his after European cities that have a big football/soccer presence. It'd be like if he used Green Bay Smash, San Francisco Smash, or Miami Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Places with teams in the premier league maybe

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Isn't also a fairly big city in New Hampshire? Football clubs makes more sense but we've already had a Detroit Smash used and I want to say Huston but that might be a mistake.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I want to know if they prep these names in advance, like Deku decided before or in the moment that decking a dude in the head at 20% should be called Manchester Smash, or if the names are passed on through One For All. Maybe the OG OfA or the first person to use it to fight was a Geography major.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
You know deku thought about it beforehand.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
What do you think notebooks 1-12 were full of?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all might is an america nerd and deku is an all might nerd. they definitely can up with those names themselves

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
You think there's a hero in America right now yelling "Osaka Smash!"?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Every hero in America just uses attack names from Dragon Ball.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Every hero in America just uses attack names from Dragon Ball.

a lot of arguments happen when a guy that calls his special move the special beam cannon meets a guy that calls it the makankosappo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Countblanc posted:

hopefully this means they hired more people and not that they're working their existing people even harder

I mean, it's already been translated in Weekly Shonen Jump, so the only real work to do would be some editing.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I can't wait for the Arsenal Asskicking that Deku is gonna give to Chisaki.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Rhonne posted:

You think there's a hero in America right now yelling "Osaka Smash!"?

There's absolutely a trenchcoat katana dude

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Isn't that basically Stain? Although I guess he had a cape, not a trenchcoat.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I love how the vigilantes manga is like so America has this huge debate on whether or not it's ok to beat the crap out of random thieves with your quirk. Never change America.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lt. Lizard posted:

Isn't that basically Stain? Although I guess he had a cape, not a trenchcoat.

Stain had a scarf.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Logicblade posted:

united kingdom of smash

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Manatee Cannon posted:

united kingdom of smash

The Sun Never Sets on Smash.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Logicblade posted:

Again, the Arsenal Asskicking would be a depressing loss and a waste of youth potential.

Now, Deku COULD pull off a Chelsea Smile...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SirKibbles posted:

I love how the vigilantes manga is like so America has this huge debate on whether or not it's ok to beat the crap out of random thieves with your quirk. Never change America.

I love that quirks are considered a second amendment issue.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Look, I got a constitutional right to bear arms--especially if these arms can lift a truck.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mr. Fowl posted:

Look, I got a constitutional right to bear arms--especially if these arms are actual bears.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm up to chapter 103 and Uraraka being all jealous toward Midoriya is adorable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Light Rail Avenger died a year or two back.

In extremely sketchy circumstances

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Light Rail Avenger died a year or two back.

In extremely sketchy circumstances

taking an underage girl to an island to teach her the ways of the blade is very virtuous

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She gets what she deserves don't play with your food Ochacocococoko

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://readms.net/r/vigilante/013/4619/1

New Vigilantes

I love love love that the only reason the polygraph girl's ability didn't work is because she inquired using the wrong hero name :allears:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Handy, but creepy.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

I'm enjoying Vigilantes so much more than the main series, though I don't feel it could stand on its own.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Idk if I like it more but the slower pace is refreshing while the main series is going at a breakneck speed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I like that we finally have a sort of confirmation on how Tsukauchi's Quirk works. Horikoshi said on his Twitter, I think, that he was able to see the truth through lies, although this was never mentioned in the manga proper. He likely has the same or a similar Quirk to his sister, Polygraph.

Also: butt.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
"The Hauler didn't do jack poo poo, man"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Handy, but creepy.

But enough about Shigaraki....

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Blaze Dragon posted:

I like that we finally have a sort of confirmation on how Tsukauchi's Quirk works. Horikoshi said on his Twitter, I think, that he was able to see the truth through lies, although this was never mentioned in the manga proper. He likely has the same or a similar Quirk to his sister, Polygraph.

Also: butt.

At the very least, this confirms that Tsukauchi actually does have some kind of lie-detector quirk and that Horikoshi wasn't speaking metaphorically. Families tend to have related quirks, after all.

Vigilantes is really coming into its own as a charming companion to MHA. I'm surprised. Like, I really want to see Koichi or one of the others to briefly show up in the main comic so I can get a clue about how things shook out for them. Or maybe just an ad in the background showing that Popstep finally made it as an idol.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mr. Fowl posted:

At the very least, this confirms that Tsukauchi actually does have some kind of lie-detector quirk and that Horikoshi wasn't speaking metaphorically. Families tend to have related quirks, after all.

Vigilantes is really coming into its own as a charming companion to MHA. I'm surprised. Like, I really want to see Koichi or one of the others to briefly show up in the main comic so I can get a clue about how things shook out for them. Or maybe just an ad in the background showing that Popstep finally made it as an idol.

That makes me wonder if there is some easter egg that we didn't realize at the time and makes so much sense now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Koichi goes mad over people changing his hero name, so he becomes the supervillain Overhaul. He covers his face with a bird mask, inspired by a soccer playing penguin he saw once.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/e0pAbJ1.mp4

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God loving drat that is amazing. Is that an official thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

holy poo poo