Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bulls just need to sign a streetballer former DJ to fix their problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

chunkles posted:

See this is why you just call people you don't like a clown publicly and then move on

I didn't see the text at first and thought Russell Westbrook was just supporting a good cause

why cant it be both https://twitter.com/NBAcatwatch

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

One of, if not the, best twitter accounts to ever exist.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lebron James binds his feet like a beautiful demure Chinese wife

ah, yeah ive heard of LJBHFLABDCW

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tae posted:

Bulls just need to sign a streetballer former DJ to fix their problems

Worked for the Pistons

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

seriously. between that and learning about toast sandwiches SA is gonna make me fuckin hurl today. hit that poo poo with a spoiler at least.

Toast sandwiches sound good mate

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JCameratoNBCS/status/917074874983768065

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOW DO THE BULLS HAVE A ROSTER FULL OF LITERAL NBA PLAYERS WHO CANNOT FINISH A LAYUP HOW DO YOU MAKE IT TO THE NBA WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO MAKE A LAYUP I DON'T UNDERSTAND

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Welcome to the Process

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

HOW DO THE BULLS HAVE A ROSTER FULL OF LITERAL NBA PLAYERS WHO CANNOT FINISH A LAYUP HOW DO YOU MAKE IT TO THE NBA WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO MAKE A LAYUP I DON'T UNDERSTAND

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/917200969401856001

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hypothetically, let's say IT comes back at precisely the level he played at last year. Big maybe obviously. If he does, is Thompson/Love/Crowder/Smith/IT a better starting lineup than the Celtics last year?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

DeimosRising posted:

Hypothetically, let's say IT comes back at precisely the level he played at last year. Big maybe obviously. If he does, is Thompson/Love/Crowder/Smith/IT a better starting lineup than the Celtics last year?

I think so, there's better rebounding with Love and TT. JR is not the player that Avery Bradley is, but I think Love makes up for it by being a lot better than Kelly Olynyk

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DeimosRising posted:

Yes. Kevin Love is much better than whoever was the #2 option on the Celtics last year.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Easily

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Crowder and IT were the two best players for the Celtics last year so yea it kind of has to be

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Celtics last were carried by IT's tiny back. They effectively had no PF half the time because they do the pretend-start thing. That team's biggest weakness is any elite guard because Avery Bradly took over defensive iso duties.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/917215372314587136

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/917228257946124288

Melo with a competent team and org :allears:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What if it wasn't FIBA rules that made Melo so good, what if it was playing with 2 or more other all stars

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
But I thought Melo was a ball stopper and Russ didn't pass the ball?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

What if it wasn't FIBA rules that made Melo so good, what if it was playing with 2 or more other all stars

Reminder, Melo was bad at the last Olympics outside of one game.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Reminder, Melo was bad at the last Olympics outside of one game.

Counterpoint: Melo wanted to be there more than anyone else

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://streamable.com/wvfnc

What if Derrick Rose is Back and Jeff Green Finally Arrives?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

wow, nice move.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Is it still a Euro step if you do it before you stop dribbling?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What kind of stats are people expecting Melo to put up this season? I'm guessing somewhere around 18-20 ppg, 6 boards, and 3 assists. While I may not think he will be amazing this season, I do think he will be a good 3rd option for this team.

Another good question is who is better the Rockets or the Thunder? The Thunder may have added Paul George and Melo (plus lost Kanter), but the Rockets adding Chris Paul is a bigger deal. Chris Paul is much better then either George or Melo. It's hard to decide which of these teams should be better but I would guess the Rockets.
Also, if Ryan Anderson has a comeback year it will be at least 50% due to Chris Paul's presence.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 9, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

What kind of stats are people expecting Melo to put up this season? I'm guessing somewhere around 18-20 ppg, 6 boards, and 3 assists. While I may not think he will be amazing this season, I do think he will be a good 3rd option for this team.

Another good question is who is better the Rockets or the Thunder? The Thunder may have added Paul George and Melo (plus lost Kanter), but the Rockets adding Chris Paul is a bigger deal. Chris Paul is much better then either George or Melo. It's hard to decide which of these teams should be better but I would guess the Rockets.
Also, if Ryan Anderson has a comeback year it will be at least 50% due to Chris Paul's presence.

i think its the rockets

they seem like they have a deeper team and chris paul fits in to an already crazy effective system. being able to pick and role teams to death with two of the best p&r point guards in arguably the best p&r system will be deadly.

the only problem with the rockets, if it even is a problem, is their predictable offense which refuses to play the mid range. chris paul is deadly in the midrange and i think it will take time for him to adjust his game to the system.

they'll both be really good though, although i think oklahoma is seriously missing some size.

good to see the west really strong

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apparently OKC almost lost to an Australian team, and now I want to change some of my survey answers.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tae posted:

I'm still confused on what the hell happened to make this happen

He's Cubist. A living Picasso.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

OKC are either gonna be legit challengers to the Warriors or they're gonna be a hilarious chemistry experiment that blows up the school lab.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

vaginal facsimile posted:

Toast sandwiches sound good mate
take it back

#gsg #patfo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If the Lakers can just exclusively play teams that have trouble breaking 70 points they're gonna be great this year.

Chairchucker posted:

Apparently OKC almost lost to an Australian team, and now I want to change some of my survey answers.

Teams have lost to foreign teams and then won the title. If anything I'm suspicious of teams that actively care about the preseason.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That was super impressive speed

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

take it back

#gsg #patfo

there's no way this is real

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

That was super impressive speed

Now you know why that chump Lonzo Ball ducks playing him every chance he can get

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Stevie Lee posted:

there's no way this is real

its english food so you are just lucky there isnt actual poop as a condiment

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spacebump posted:

The biggest reason to doubt the Rockets CP3 experiment is injury concerns.

Also, not sure on what you mean by comeback year for Anderson. Dude was more accurate from 3-point line than he's has been in years.

He's literally played more games last season than the previous 4 years combined.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

The biggest reason to doubt the Rockets CP3 experiment is injury concerns.

Also, not sure on what you mean by comeback year for Anderson. Dude was more accurate from 3-point line than he's has been in years.

He's literally played more games last season than the previous 4 years combined.

Well no
                                                     GP

He did have a good year though

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 9, 2017

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

When does basketball come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The Cavs have actually been fun to watch this preseason with LeBron resting, which is a huge improvement from the past two years.

They've looked stupidly dominant the times I tuned in.

• Locked thread