Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I love the show but at this point it should be winding down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I'd rather have 4 glorious seasons and be done than have it stagger on for 7. Maybe a 10k and Doc spinoff for 6 eps too, or another 90 minute standalonish thing like s3e1.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I wouldn't mind them killing off Warren (being the leader sucks, that's how this show works), leave Lucy in Zona (although Lucy is now played by Tara Holt), and go one more season with Doc, 10K, and Murphy. And at the end of S5 they bring the cure to a tropical island populated with bikini models.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Depends where they go with this. Every season from now on is 5 years later.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Basically see that any weekend in Spokane.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Warren's Dream

Warren's apocalyptic dream of a Black Rainbow sends the group on a mysterious new mission while fighting for their lives against unkillable MAD-Z's.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Did they put her in medicinal high heels?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Murphy still looking dapper as gently caress

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Have mercy!

At least she upgraded to some combat boots later on and used her crafting skill to increase her finesse in that dress.

Overall an ok episode, it sets up a lot of new things.

Newmerica is totally a reset to wipe out Henry Rollins and everyone else. Also, RIP 5k. :(

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Kellita Smith is all kinds of hot.

That's my contribution, thanks.

f/e - Doc's beard was magnificent.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DAYYYYYMMMMM Coma did wonders for Warren.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DarklyDreaming posted:

For the first couple minutes I kept expecting she was still in a dream.

It also looked like they were difficult to walk in.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Escape from Zona

Driven by Warren's dream of a Black Rainbow, Warren and Murphy must make their way back to the mainland.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so glad this show's back :swoon:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so glad this show's back :swoon:

Same!!

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 7, 2017

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
^Yeah, it's not October without it.

Season does feel a little "heavier" though. Maybe just because its been awhile.

I am liking the big mysterious thing they're running with + headshot proof zombies. That's a new twist. Also watching the breakdown in Zona was fun but kinda glad they didn't spend too long there.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I wanna see The Man again. Unless he really is the leader and when he told Warren he's seen her before it was literal and he hosed himself up somehow to look that way. But the leader doesn't seem like the man's personality so idk

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
If I need some sniping doing, I now know to look for someone in handcuffs and also with only one eye, which is the wrong one to look through the sights of the rifle properly.

What I'm saying is I'm not a fan of Mary Sue Plisken, but then I haven't really liked Abby all that much since around the time they had that dream episode..

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Barreft posted:

I wanna see The Man again. Unless he really is the leader and when he told Warren he's seen her before it was literal and he hosed himself up somehow to look that way. But the leader doesn't seem like the man's personality so idk

Maybe the Man will start a post-apocalyptic cult that worships sandals

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Erghh posted:

^Yeah, it's not October without it.

Season does feel a little "heavier" though. Maybe just because its been awhile.

I am liking the big mysterious thing they're running with + headshot proof zombies. That's a new twist. Also watching the breakdown in Zona was fun but kinda glad they didn't spend too long there.

Same, forgot it was back on until the DVR whirled to life last Friday. Liked the two Zona episodes but time to get back on the road.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I am going to guess that Newmerica is being organized by Citizen Z.

Also, I guess the "reset" is still going to happen even if Zona is completely destroyed? Like maybe it's on a timer and just going to go off.

With the people disappearing, I wonder if they are actually having folk be straight up raptured.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Someone made a comment on a review site that thinks her visions are the real world and when she woke up from her coma, is basically a matrix situation. People disappearing is people waking up from the matrix.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

GreenNight posted:

Someone made a comment on a review site that thinks her visions are the real world and when she woke up from her coma, is basically a matrix situation. People disappearing is people waking up from the matrix.

OK that's quite a stretch. I like my zombie comedy/drama/whatever-this-show-is more grounded in reality.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Those zombie cheese wheels notwithstanding right? This show is full of crazy poo poo.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just realized they got Henry Rollins to play a military dude. I thought I recognized him!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Sammus posted:

I just realized they got Henry Rollins to play a military dude. I thought I recognized him!

Somebody needs a hug :unsmith:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Henry Rollins as the sensitive military guy has made this season for me already. I saw his Hot Ones interview when it was uploaded and realized I needed an HR fix, but I missed the tweet where they announced him as part of this season. I'm quite happy.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Caedus posted:

Henry Rollins as the sensitive military guy has made this season for me already. I saw his Hot Ones interview when it was uploaded and realized I needed an HR fix, but I missed the tweet where they announced him as part of this season. I'm quite happy.

I love that his character basically seemed to stem from writers saying, "Man, the evil tough guy Military trope is played out, let's just do the total opposite."

And HR being cast is an awesome reversal.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Posi-Rollins (and his super expressive eyebrows) is one of this show's finest creations. Keith Allen is also really good at hyperventilating.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sammus posted:

I couldn't put a name to the face at first either. Kept thinking "man, Stifler's aged badly".

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Caedus posted:

Same, I can't think of a better addition to the cast. I hope he survives the season, or at least goes down in an unexpectedly epic way.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

The Vanishing

When Sun Mei and Red vanish, 10K and the others must decide whether to keep looking for them or give up and press on to Newmerica.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sammus posted:

Same, I can't think of a better addition to the cast. I hope he survives the season, or at least goes down in an unexpectedly epic way.

Dies hugging the bomb set off to rescue everyone from where ever the hell they disappeared to.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

NonzeroCircle posted:

Keith Allen is also really good at hyperventilating.
He oddly really is. For just a second I totally bought he was having a real panic attack.

I don't know much about the guy but his twitter feed gives me the impression he would be fun to hang with.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye Henry :smith:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
He went hard though. :respek:

Also the band is mostly back together now.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye Henry :smith:

God drat it. He was too beautiful for this world.

Maybe we'll get to keep the sergeant for a little while at least, she seem pretty hard core.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I laughed hard at Murphys "Yeah, we've been to several of those utopian civilized settlements - and we left as they were burning". Essentially summarizing the last couple seasons of TWD.

Also RIP Henry. At least you had an epically sfx'ed death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sammus posted:

Maybe we'll get to keep the sergeant for a little while at least, she seem pretty hard core.
So from the two halves of the photo, she was his daughter?

• Locked thread