Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I still use Facebook. Everyone I know uses it too. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mouse Cadet posted:

Nice! Dragons beyaaatch!

I'm a student there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my favorite part of the post is how he calls other people helicopter parents and then immediately says that he controls what his son does at home

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/FAU_Football/status/916844515834593281

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Teenagers don't because their parents have been on it since they were in 2nd grade..

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Crotch Bat posted:

Homer is good but yea, you guys have a serious depth issue now.

Yeah. He's faster than Walton, but walton is a way more complete back. Homer shows a lot of heart, and runs real drat hard. He bowls over people. Behind him is a guy that's been at the bottom of the depth chart forever, a true freshman that's been injured for multiples years and is made of glass, a walk on, and maybe a reciever being moved over?

We can still win, because we've basically played without a real running game for two weeks since Walton has been gimpy as poo poo, but it'll be way harder.

Our starting safety went down, and that's how FSU scored. His backup gave up both TDs on blown coverages.

Our best O-lineman went down as well. He's in a boot, but people close to him say it's precautionary and he'll be fine. I hope it's true :(

Also, the only reason that the dude that caught the winning TD was in the game was because our best WR was gimpy too.

:smith:

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm a student there.

Goon meet at the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

my favorite part of the post is how he calls other people helicopter parents and then immediately says that he controls what his son does at home

Why can't Millenials just not go to college (or go and spend like 5 grand in 4 years), acquire a lifelong job in their early 20s that will support them, two kids and spouse, and buy a house at 23 they'll pay off before they're 45 like their Boomer parents. It's so easy!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A) This is amazing
B) I can't help but think Kiffin was blasting this while trying to pick up chick on the strip and had the brilliant idea of low key shading on Alabama

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Teenagers just use snapchat to send dick pics to each other.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I wanna pet the owls. :3:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

wa27 posted:

Teenagers don't because their parents have been on it since they were in 2nd grade..

Teens are just Vining boners at each other 24-7

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wa27 posted:

On one hand, I want to know what the current cool social media site is out of sheer curiosity.

On the other hand, I don't really care that much either way.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

On one hand, I want to know what the current cool social media site is out of sheer curiosity.

On the other hand, I don't really care that much either way.

still snapchat and instagram

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

still snapchat and instagram

Kik it to Viber, Gramps

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UCF is either the best or second-best team in Florida right now, don't tell me UF fans are babies while we are paying Mac to win fuckin football games.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

So after the walk of disbelief last year, this walk out was way better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaAsC3FnmKI/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaArxMnHqAc/

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

LeeMajors posted:

UCF is either the best or second-best team in Florida right now, don't tell me UF fans are babies while we are paying Mac to win fuckin football games.

I don't think so, they haven't beaten a single team that FSU or Miami wouldn't be double digit favs over. People always do this with the little brother schools in TX and FL that don't play anyone.

Frost is doing a good job though.

Lasagna Pilot fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 9, 2017

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Miami is probably the best team is the state this year.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

It's because you're old. You were posting racial slurs on this board over a decade ago!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Some of my younger extended family use Facebook. Some don't. It's weird!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
BTW the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl should be a TFF meetup regardless. I am not letting that fucker happen without getting a shirt.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Raku posted:

BTW the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl should be a TFF meetup regardless. I am not letting that fucker happen without getting a shirt.

Speaking of which teams are bowl eligible so the bowl thread is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836940

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

I think GT got lucky because they were supposed to play UCF at UCF when Hurricane Irma rolled through.

After checking https://www.fbschedules.com I see GT is playing USF early in the season on their home turf. I guess GT is playing more games in Florida for recruiting purposes, or maybe GT is getting paid to help fill the Spectrum Stadium / Raymond James Stadium. Either way, good job GT for scheduling challenging OOC G5 opponents.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

VT basically sleep walked through BC, but honestly it's fine. A solid bounce back after Clemson did their things to us. I feel good about being 7-1 going into the home stretch (UNC & Duke are not good this year) and Miami might be an injured shell, GT I still don't know what to think of. This is lined up to be at least another 10 win season, which is nice. I think our chances at the ACC title are still just fine.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

Receiving Votes mother fuckers.

When was the last time that happened? Might be over 10 years ago.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Happy Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week everybody.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

When was the last time that happened? Might be over 10 years ago.

I think the season we beat Oklahoma State we got some votes. So 6-7 years maybe?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA is the 28 point favorite over Mizzou, and with how things have been going for each team, I kinda feel like a Mississippi State / Tennessee style blowout is on deck.

Then again this is georgia and it could be another ugly field goals only game like it was a few years back.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I don't think so, they haven't beaten a single team that FSU or Miami wouldn't be double digit favs over. People always do this with the little brother schools in TX and FL that don't play anyone.

Frost is doing a good job though.

I think UCF would beat UF and probably FSU right now.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

... this is georgia and it could be another ugly field goals only game like it was a few years back.

It's cool if you need a comforting hand on your shoulder in anticipation of the dreaded Missouri game, just gimme a sec and let me finish typing this obituary for Florida football.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Remember when Facebook was just college kids posting pics from Halloween parties and not an existential threat to Western Democracy?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

Remember when Facebook was just college kids posting pics from Halloween parties and not an existential threat to Western Democracy?

Those were good times, lots of pictures that eventually got deleted

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/917214017457983488

Yaaaaaaay

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am rooting for whatever gets Nuss fired the fastest.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I am rooting for whatever gets Nuss fired the fastest.

Mac has seemingly tethered his UF career to the man.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

please be there until 2019 game 1.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Mac has seemingly tethered his UF career to the man.

Fire him now, SpurDog as interim HC, hire Chip Kelly, hire Ron Zook as special teams coach to recruit.

I am willing to give up medicine to be Florida's AD.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Komet posted:

Sexy Halloween pictures -> Boring baby pictures -> Russian-influenced right-wing garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Sexy Halloween pictures -> Boring baby pictures -> Russian-influenced right-wing garbage

I gotta feel like the first and second still happen (the second definitely does) but we've just aged out of the first along with our friends so we don't see it anymore. Do we even have anyone here that's still in college?

• Locked thread