Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
[quote="“sexpig by night”" post="“477136416”"]
I think they were talking about other weird twitter guys, wasn’t one of them Wardell?
[/quote]

No, they're talking about the guys who host Episode 1, Andrew and Branson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

The thing that bothers me the most is that Tony Stark inherited a weapons-manufacturing company, then came to realize it was a lovely thing to do, and refused to keep building weapons. :spergin:

except for the suits of power armor that he builds for himself to be used only at his personal discretion. the man invented what is essentially an infinite power source. just give that to the world and you're on the way to solving more problems than your dumb armor ever will

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Serf posted:

except for the suits of power armor that he builds for himself to be used only at his personal discretion. the man invented what is essentially an infinite power source. just give that to the world and you're on the way to solving more problems than your dumb armor ever will
I haven't read comics recently but at one point that was exactly what he did, against the advice of his board of directors

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I don't see the problem, Northrop is just as excited for infinity war as I am.

:drat:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Moist von Lipwig posted:

seriously though what were they talking about

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-two-weeks-paid-leave-12

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-the-american-stream-7

these are are so loving stupid and good

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/868983849233117185

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/samfbiddle/status/916534937003675648

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

The dragon rises, Mr Chapo.

Oh hell yes

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

loving owned lol

So, uh, what's the chud youtuber response? Sjw censorship of are brave war profiteers? Stem supremacy?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

So, uh, what's the chud youtuber response? Sjw censorship of are brave war profiteers? Stem supremacy?

I'm guessing their hatred for Marvel's "sjw agenda" has them enjoying this bit of public humiliation.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'd propose that we all come together but I just want to give them a swirlie

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 7, 2017

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Can't wait for Warner Brothers to announce the Suicide Squad 2+Raytheon parnership for next year's film.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Apparently the whole partnership has been canceled proving once again that boycotting and direct action works

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Phobophilia posted:

loving owned lol

the latter. Their 'apology' announcement included a whiny "WE JUST WANTED TO TEACH THE KIDS STEM" and tons of idiots have latched onto that with dumb 'OH SO NOW ANY STEM IS WAR PROFITEERING?!' pretending to not know that NG is literally actively profiting near exclusively off wars and owns an actual PMC that trains Saudi troops to set people on fire or whatever they do with their fancy drones.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sexpig by night posted:

the latter. Their 'apology' announcement included a whiny "WE JUST WANTED TO TEACH THE KIDS STEM" and tons of idiots have latched onto that with dumb 'OH SO NOW ANY STEM IS WAR PROFITEERING?!' pretending to not know that NG is literally actively profiting near exclusively off wars and owns an actual PMC that trains Saudi troops to set people on fire or whatever they do with their fancy drones.
If Marvel really wanted to teach kids STEM, they could have probably gone to NASA because who could hate NASA? Or gently caress SpaceX if they wanted to do a private company. Or the NSF even though I won't be surprised if that has been gutted out of petty hatred for giving funding to climate change studies.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

achillesforever6 posted:

If Marvel really wanted to teach kids STEM, they could have probably gone to NASA because who could hate NASA?

Ancaps

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Im very upset that comics have just now crossed the barrier between pure art and jingoistic propaganda. I just want to find expression in my urge for power over others in peace.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

If Marvel really wanted to teach kids STEM, they could have probably gone to NASA because who could hate NASA? Or gently caress SpaceX if they wanted to do a private company. Or the NSF even though I won't be surprised if that has been gutted out of petty hatred for giving funding to climate change studies.

nasa is pretty deeply intertwined with the military as well

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

The infinite power source is movie bullshit I'm not interested in. His power was very finite in the comics I read as a kid. :corsair:

And he built some suits of power armor (not quite as good, of course) for SHIELD.

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

The infinite power source is movie bullshit I'm not interested in. His power was very finite in the comics I read as a kid. :corsair:

And he built some suits of power armor (not quite as good, of course) for SHIELD.

i dunno, Iron Man blowing up Exxon executives who oppose him revolutionizing energy production and fundamentally changing the world as we know it would have made for a better movie imo

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Im very upset that comics have just now crossed the barrier between pure art and jingoistic propaganda. I just want to find expression in my urge for power over others in peace.

The comic propaganda in the 40s was at least up front and honest about their intentions.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/917094085944524800

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"We have the kompromat!"

translator's note: kompromat means compromising material

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm still laughing at "I'm not your son I'm a greevil!"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

I'm still laughing at "I'm not your son I'm a greevil!"

I thought he was saying Greeble. What's that a reference to anyway?

Also, Episode1 is not bad.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/Julie_Johnsoned/status/916881263151190018

Sally Albright is easily one of the worst of the Hillarybots, so it doesn't loving surprise me in the least. Hahahahahaha

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

little munchkin posted:

superhero movies are focus-grouped mass-market garbage and one of them affirming your worldview purely by accident does not give them any sort of artistic or intellectual merit. please stop talking about them, thanks

this is true and there's no political reason to like any of that dumb crap. superhero movies that work as movies are good though. see: spider-man 2, batman returns, the mask of zorro

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's a Pokemon. I have no idea.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Halloween Jack posted:

It's a Pokemon. I have no idea.

No, that's Weavile. And greebles are little extraneous surface details on scale models and such.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/dogboner/status/916483565751296000

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The Littlest Troop

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/776454037197565952

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
SIR, are you aware that that is not proper form for saluting SIR, sir what unit did you serve in.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Pffft, show me a baby stealing valor in utero and then we'll talk.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

think its a dota2 thing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

A lovely Reporter posted:

No, that's Weavile. And greebles are little extraneous surface details on scale models and such.

No, there's a Greevil too.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

No, there's a Greevil too.

He's a character in one of the bad GameCube Pokemon games, that's it

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Saagonsa posted:

He's a character in one of the bad GameCube Pokemon games, that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSE6aU0FJbQ

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Matt's right (again). They are basically writing the Voynich manuscript.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-148-lost-in-the-sauce-feat-patton-oswalt-10917

Patton Oswalt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Patton and Matt will finally settle the question of whether or not Blade Runner is good actually.