Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Holy poo poo this season's solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

Holy poo poo this season's solid.

Welp you heard it here folks, everything sucks.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: Very yes
GARO - Vanishing Line: Seemed like a more generic Darker than Black with a lot of annoying shaky action cam and by the end it devolved into a CG mess to the point where I'd rather they just go all the way with it like some of the other stuff I watched. Not as cool as the trailer made it seem, hopefully ep2 is better or I'm out.
Land of the Lustrous: What a weird thing. I legitimately don't know how I feel about this but I'm definitely interested.
Black Clover: Just read the manga imo
Infini-T Force: I know jack poo poo about Tatsunoko shows (apart from Crowds) so this is probably not aimed at me but episode 1 seemed decent enough. Love the Final Boss of Bowling.
Juni Taisen: Despite the hilariously edgy backstory of Boar it was pretty fun and dumb. Animation was pretty good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: Very yes
GARO - Vanishing Line: Seemed like a more generic Darker than Black with a lot of annoying shaky action cam and by the end it devolved into a CG mess to the point where I'd rather they just go all the way with it like some of the other stuff I watched. Not as cool as the trailer made it seem, hopefully ep2 is better or I'm out.
Land of the Lustrous: What a weird thing. I legitimately don't know how I feel about this but I'm definitely interested.
Black Clover: Just read the manga imo
Infini-T Force: I know jack poo poo about Tatsunoko shows (apart from Crowds) so this is probably not aimed at me but episode 1 seemed decent enough. Love the Final Boss of Bowling.
Juni Taisen: Despite the hilariously edgy backstory of Boar it was pretty fun and dumb. Animation was pretty good.

The hilariously edgy backstories are part of the dumb fun.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

There Bias Two posted:

:yeah:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

I didn't know what I was expecting,
besides well constructive conversation.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna recommend everyone watch the first 90 seconds of the imouto show
i wish i could hate you to death

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna recommend everyone watch the first 90 seconds of the imouto show

I didn't watch it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rangpur posted:

i wish i could hate you to death

Blame yourself or god

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

sylphynford is the best character in the show motherfucker

you can't see my old avs so you cannot accuse me of having any bias

I never noticed the filename before, that's cute :3:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Umaru SUCKS

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Umaru SUCKS

this. low rate oreimo clone

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Davincie posted:

this. low rate oreimo clone

Please actually watch the show before comparing it to a show that it's nothing like.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

AnoHito posted:

Please actually watch the show before comparing it to a show that it's nothing like.

and then discuss it in this thread i made

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i read 4 volumes of the manga

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yada yada, you've heard it all before.

quote:

Himouto! Umaru-chan R
Doga Kobo | ... | ... | Slice of Life, Comedy, School, Seinen | Manga | Oct 8, 2017
Second season of Himouto! Umaru-chan.
PV
Thread

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't mind Umaru. It makes me appreciate the healthy relationship I have with my immediate family (meaning my parents and my adopted daughter) and I never ever wish somebody to have to care for a person like Umaru because living with someone like that is emotionally exhausting.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

DtB can get more generic?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

Grappling hooks and electricity are significantly less usual as a loadout for urban-fantasy heroes than a big magical sword.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I finally watched something other than Juuni Taisen

Ancient Magus Bride - I really liked this a lot! It's super pretty, and I'm sucker for Learning Magic stuff. The premise has a couple of "uhhhhhh" moments but considering it's a woman writing it and the most of the people reccomending the manga in my social groups were women, I feel very confident about it. No idea what kind of stories it's going to tell, but im excited to hang out with my bone dad

Kino's Journey - I saw the first series a loooong time ago when I was seriously getting into anime for the first time and enjoyed the few episodes I saw good enough. I kinda felt that the first episode had a weak first story, but I enjoyed it's thought experiment overall, I'll probably check back in

Urahara - Man this show is....a lot. It's cute and a lot of fluff with very, very little meat, but hell I was entertained. I enjoy it's distinctive look that some might call bad, but I enjoyed it for what it was. No loving idea what it wants to do, but I'll probably stick with it a bit.

Still waiting for March Lion to start and I wanna check out Inyuyashki too despite knowing almost nothing about it. I'd also like to get around BBB Season 1 at some point and check that out since I've heard a lot about it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
vanishing line: the hero is a pretty standard japanese parody of american action heroes. the problem is, i can't figure out if it is actually supposed to be a parody or if we are meant to take the giant muscle man who loves big titty blondes and rare steaks bigger than his head at face value. but hey, the rad chains from honoo no kokuin made a very brief appearance.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

but considering it's a woman writing it and the most of the people reccomending the manga in my social groups were women

Nothing to do with Ancient Magus Bride specifically, but this is no guarantee that something isn't sexist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, remember that 5 women made Chobits.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wafflemansplaining

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think ancient magus bread is sexist

or bride

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Don't eat the Ancient Magus' Bread. It's quite moldy.

I cannot speak for the Bride.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Silver2195 posted:

Nothing to do with Ancient Magus Bride specifically, but this is no guarantee that something isn't sexist.
For sure but I trust a woman writer to handle a story about a 16 year old previously enslaved bride to a big skull man way more than I do than a male writer

Just in my imo

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Moltrey posted:

For sure but I trust a woman writer to handle a story about a 16 year old previously enslaved bride to a big skull man way more than I do than a male writer

Just in my imo
Nowadays, I'm more inclined to read anime/manga romance by a woman instead of man, if only because it isn't the 66347th iteration of some moron herbivore hanging around 16-year-old supermodels with absurdly exaggerated secondary sexual characteristics, but I do occasionally remind myself that bunny drop and kodomo no jikan were written by women.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The true secret of the world is that women are just as capable of being hosed up and gross as men.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Grappling hooks and electricity are significantly less usual as a loadout for urban-fantasy heroes than a big magical sword.

That is quite generic...

n-NOOOOOO

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've spent so much of my life consuming and forgiving problematic media by men, so lets see what women can cook up and forgive them for that too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm kind of baffled why this had to be commented on at all

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Coaaab posted:

Nowadays, I'm more inclined to read anime/manga romance by a woman instead of man, if only because it isn't the 66347th iteration of some moron herbivore hanging around 16-year-old supermodels with absurdly exaggerated secondary sexual characteristics, but I do occasionally remind myself that bunny drop and kodomo no jikan were written by women.

Wait...
That last one.
:stare:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The true secret of the world is that women are just as capable of being hosed up and gross as men.
It's just that traditional gender roles have in the past not allowed them to do much so you wouldn't hear about their capability for malice. Unless they were wicked queens.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

vanishing line: the hero is a pretty standard japanese parody of american action heroes. the problem is, i can't figure out if it is actually supposed to be a parody or if we are meant to take the giant muscle man who loves big titty blondes and rare steaks bigger than his head at face value. but hey, the rad chains from honoo no kokuin made a very brief appearance.

It opened with a monster made of titties and the ED shows that the primary adult female character yet to be introduced just wear lingerie as clothes. I think the show is what it is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

It's just that traditional gender roles have in the past not allowed them to do much so you wouldn't hear about their capability for malice. Unless they were wicked queens.

im a wicked queen *plays guitar solo*

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Grouchio posted:

It is my firm belief that ... Livia did it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I love idiot bone dad and the bimbo husband who looks exactly like his wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Alright, shut up about gender roles, please and thanks!

• Locked thread