Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can you only equip one exotic armor? I tried to equip Foetracer but I already have Raiden Flux.

Is it the same for weapons?

Yes. One weapon and one armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the smg pants will not reload their gun with ammo picked up off the ground. that’s the only time they won’t reload; anything else is some kind of bug. they reload instantly, you can literally shoot non-stop for the entire duration of a public event if you top up on ammo and constantly switch.

So you're saying poo poo's bugged to gently caress? I see. :thunk:

Time to bust out some Sweaty Beez-Gnats. :getin:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Folks in my guild did our first raid clear.

Got the pulse as my freebie :negative:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pulse rifles are farts from a butt

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Norns posted:

Pulse rifles are farts from a butt

Hey now the Graviton Lance sounds boss and, with the skin, is super shiny.

Too bad actually using it is poo, like every other pulse rifle.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Oneiros posted:

Hey now the Graviton Lance sounds boss and, with the skin, is super shiny.

Too bad actually using it is poo, like every other pulse rifle.

I think some pulses are "okay," this raid pulse included. Graviton Lance and Vigilance Wing are notably turds even among their peers so naturally I'm excited to keep getting incrementally higher ilvl dupes of them.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

Vigilance Wing are notably turds

Lmfao

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

mango sentinel posted:

I think some pulses are "okay," this raid pulse included. Graviton Lance and Vigilance Wing are notably turds even among their peers so naturally I'm excited to keep getting incrementally higher ilvl dupes of them.

Hey now, Vigilance Wing is the best performing pulse rifle out there! I know because I have one!

:suicide:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Trials engrams so far have given me the scout three times and the pulse twice; raid engrams have decrypted into two ARs and two rocket launchers; Failsafe has given me nine Shattered Peaces and no Uriel's; and I know it's all RNG but I never had luck this bad in D1 and it's genuinely stunting my desire to keep playing :bungie:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Nightshade owned in the beta and still owns?

G1ZM0
Jun 20, 2002

I've had fun with Lincoln Green and Nergal is still fairly good.

I think high RoF pulses will be back in vogue once HRC get nerfed again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm 270 light and finally tried the nightfall for the first time. The two other players were 280 light and 295 light. We didn't even manage to get to the boss before the time limit ran out. Is there a trick to this, or do you just need 3 people who are all ~300 light? It was miserable.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The trick is to not suck

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Ok seriously though, did you shoot anomalies? They kinda look like blue glowing box things. They increase your timer.

Were you sprinting to regain health? Did you read the active modifiers?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Ok seriously though, did you shoot anomalies? They kinda look like blue glowing box things. They increase your timer.

Were you sprinting to regain health? Did you read the active modifiers?

:lol: no, that may change things. Thanks :downs:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The trick is that you can't approach the nightfall like running the strike normally, the rule changes seem minor but paying attention to them is the difference between success and failure. You have to be using the time mechanic diligently or you won't have enough time to deal with the boss. Enemy health is high enough that teamshooting them makes a real difference and their aggressiveness is so high that running off on your own will get you killed. There are no wipes so if the entire team gets killed you just sit there for 20-30 seconds burning time and it's easy to get trapped in a bad loop where one person at a time comes back to life, draws the fire of the entire mob of enemies, and dies before being able to do anything.

300 light helps but sticking together and earning time are what makes or breaks a run.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

The trick is that you can't approach the nightfall like running the strike normally, the rule changes seem minor but paying attention to them is the difference between success and failure. You have to be using the time mechanic diligently or you won't have enough time to deal with the boss. Enemy health is high enough that teamshooting them makes a real difference and their aggressiveness is so high that running off on your own will get you killed. There are no wipes so if the entire team gets killed you just sit there for 20-30 seconds burning time and it's easy to get trapped in a bad loop where one person at a time comes back to life, draws the fire of the entire mob of enemies, and dies before being able to do anything.

300 light helps but sticking together and earning time are what makes or breaks a run.

I had never even run that strike before, so I was going in blind. That, plus not even knowing what the modifiers were probably doomed us from the start. I'll give it another shot after work. Thanks for the info.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Welfare trials pulse, I dig it.

Think I'm going to have to pub the nf in the next hour before I have to sleep.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

G1ZM0 posted:

I've had fun with Lincoln Green and Nergal is still fairly good.

I think high RoF pulses will be back in vogue once HRC get nerfed again.

Buddy, Trump already nerfed HRC into the ground

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AppleCobbler posted:

Buddy, Trump already nerfed HRC into the ground

Nah she's always been a bad perk.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PathAsc posted:

Welfare trials pulse, I dig it.

Think I'm going to have to pub the nf in the next hour before I have to sleep.

I still haven't done it, I'll be looking to get it done towards evening EST

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mile'ionaha posted:

I still haven't done it, I'll be looking to get it done towards evening EST

I would, but I'll be starting shift.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Anyone looking to do the raid or trials before the reset? Dont have discord so i figure ill ask here.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never read the weekly update, just wait for the condensed version here so I don't have to put up with deej's ridiculous writing. Anyway, I was just skimming this weeks for info on prestige mode, and apparently FWC finished third? :whoptc:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

Anyone looking to do the raid or trials before the reset? Dont have discord so i figure ill ask here.

Get in the Discord. You will get more responses that way.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

I never read the weekly update, just wait for the condensed version here so I don't have to put up with deej's ridiculous writing. Anyway, I was just skimming this weeks for info on prestige mode, and apparently FWC finished third? :whoptc:

NM Shaders: Fukken sweet
FWC Shaders: Drab garbo that doesn't look like what you'd expect

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Is there a blue equivalent to the FWC scout?

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Nameless Midnight is my favorite gun in the game!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was supposedly "very close." DO beat NM by 2 million or something, and FWC was just barely behind NM.

Out of 60-something million turnins.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie games the system so that next time a different faction wins.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie games the system so that next time a different faction wins.

They're under no obligation to do anything from telling the truth or depicting reality as is. Being one of four drops doesn't make something a 25% chance, and nothing about them deciding who would win prior to event completion would surprise me.

That said, I saw a lot of DO emblems and people at large are goddamn miserable retards.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Norse Code posted:

Nameless Midnight is my favorite gun in the game!

I really like the Trials AR for some reason. I use the reload Warlock pants and slideways with it. Super fun.

Anitlope is my other favorite gun.

Favorite heavy is Tarantula. I'd like the raid rocket sometime tho.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What are dusklight shards and how do I find them? Gotta grab 10 for today's EDZ mission

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What are dusklight shards and how do I find them? Gotta grab 10 for today's EDZ mission

The edz collectable resource

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

They are big blue glowing crystal shard looking things. They are all over, shouldn't be hard to find 10 of them.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You might even have a ghost that detects them for you!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

DO had Cool Teens Club shaders and NM had the better crucible reward gun, is my guess.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
DO had cool teens club shaders and NM was standing right there when the game prompted you to pick a faction

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I think you'll find I look fly as gently caress as a warlock in FWC Gear with the Bumblebee Shader tyvm

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mango Polo posted:

NM Shaders: Fukken sweet
FWC Shaders: Drab garbo that doesn't look like what you'd expect

Yeah, the FWC shaders are terrible on armor. They are pretty great on weapons and vehicles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

DO had cool teens club shaders and NM was standing right there when the game prompted you to pick a faction

The sidearm really did look good though. Seriously.