Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Mnemonic
Apr 8, 2007

Sudowoodo used woodhump! It's super-effective.
Any thoughts on Chiefs broken o-line vs Texans tomorrow? Watson going to regress this game?

Also whatever happened to that one huge chargers fan that used to post in the AFC west threads of old? He managed a nice hotel if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Johnny Mnemonic posted:

Any thoughts on Chiefs broken o-line vs Texans tomorrow? Watson going to regress this game?

Also whatever happened to that one huge chargers fan that used to post in the AFC west threads of old? He managed a nice hotel if I remember correctly.

The Chiefs O-line doesn't have to be airtight, it just needs to function slightly better than a screen door on a submarine to give Smith time to checkdown a million times on 3rd down, or eventually exhaust the secondary to let Hunt get penetration and rack up his stupid absurd 9.2 YPC in the 4th quarter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Johnny Mnemonic posted:

SA2K is still around and still slightly unhinged, he's just undergone a few name changes. He's a neat cape now.

Unless there's a different big San Diego fan who worked in hotels that I'm forgetting.

Johnny Mnemonic
Apr 8, 2007

Sudowoodo used woodhump! It's super-effective.
Nope it was sa2k thanks. Good to know he's still kicking around, enjoyed his posts and dedication to the chargers.

I haven't watched much Watson play but I feel like he will likely have rough games this season, hopefully for me the chiefs d can make it one of those games.

Hunt seems to be doing his thing without other worldly o line play, so he may well have another monster game

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/AntHellaRaw/status/917195734067195904

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
He's not wrong

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DPENN70/status/917206754261221378

https://twitter.com/ych_3/status/917220746815930368

I see.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/JohnMiddlekauff/status/917237178714931200

Is warcrimes still in the Canadian mountains with his girl, I need help understanding how this happened

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Okay the Chiefs are 5-0, it's time to follow tradition and crash back down to reality

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DeShaun Watson can chuck it.

Chiefs are going 6-0 because Revenge Tour 2017 starts next Sunday.

Marcus Peters has a chemical imbalance and kind of reminds me of the above videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7br9b3pfQ

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Okay the Chiefs are 5-0, it's time to follow tradition and crash back down to reality
They might soon. They've been losing a starter every game and eventually it's going to cost them.

kiimo posted:

DeShaun Watson can chuck it.
His deep passes had Matt Cassel velocity on them. If the Chiefs DBs weren't complrtely allergic to making a play on the ball, Watson would of had multiple INT's.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 9, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Chargers moving to LA broke the final seal and unleashed a thousand years of Chiefs dominance.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well on the bright side Chris Conley is going to get replaced by his actual clone DeMarcus Robinson.

And Kelce thankfully only hurt his head so he'll be back in no time.

Tamba Hali, Stephen Nelson, Dee Ford, Mitch Morse and LDT are all projected to return in the coming weeks.

Justin Houston is the one we can't afford to lose.

LiquidFriend posted:

His deep passes had Matt Cassel velocity on them. If the Chiefs DBs weren't complrtely allergic to making a play on the ball, Watson would of had multiple INT's.

Oh I have been predicting interceptions ever since the combine. But until defenses scheme for his weak rear end arm he is dangerous. Nine touchdowns in the last two games is impressive no matter what.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 9, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If it works than hey, it works. I think I was more impressed with the receivers making plans than Watson's passing, although his ability to elude sacks is impressive.

Sutton really got carried away with him going back and forth with a prevent plan. The Texans really highlighted just how much the Chiefs suck at ILB and I expect the Steelers to take advantage of it again.

Ramik Wilson is just ok, but I thought it was stupid that he was a healthy scratch last night.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Ramik has been passed by both Ragland and KPL it seems

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remember seeing Ragland one time and that was when he was rushing the passer and he looked notably fast.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Ramik has been passed by both Ragland and KPL it seems
I just don't see it with KPL. He's athletic and that's really about it. Man this team really sucks at ILB.

Texans got good clips of rushing yards inside by taking advantage of the fact that DJ is super slow and can't fill a gap quick enough.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

LiquidFriend posted:

If the Chiefs DBs weren't complrtely allergic to making a play on the ball, Watson would of had multiple INT's.

yeah they left a ton of interceptions on the field last night. I'm pretty happy with Peters/Mitchell as our CB tandem and when Steven Nelson comes back in a few weeks hopefully we can minimize Gaines playing time. It must suck playing CB for Sutton though, so much man-up play with safeties having their own man assignments

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The best part of the Raiders turning into the pumpkin is if they lose to the Chiefs I can say well yeah lol Carr's hurt, blah blah but if they win I can drag my balls all up and down the forums until I'm banned for disorderly conduct

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I've thought about that too, I was hoping for Oakland and KC to be peaking when they played

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Marcus Peters for Amari Cooper straight up

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks I stole it from ChiefsPlanet where similar reactions happened.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm mad

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

But you won??

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

But you won??

Yeah because of Melvin Gordon. I'd have rather lost.

Also Mike Williams is making his NFL debut this week against the Raiders. I think Bosa made his debut against the Raiders last year too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alex Smith for Joey Bosa straight up

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Giants/Broncos next week is going to be ugly :getin:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eli Wiggum posted:

Giants/Broncos next week is going to be ugly :getin:

It'll be nice to see Von Miller eat. I've been worried he's been going hungry lately.. :ohdear:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Eli will have never beaten the Chargers and I'm ok with that. 1-15!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I keep wanting to say Eli should have played for the Chargers but two Superbowls is kind of hard to argue with.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I keep wanting to say Eli should have played for the Chargers but two Superbowls is kind of hard to argue with.

I'm glad we got the better quarterback

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Hey guys, up here in Banff with my Canadian gf(You wouldn't know her), celebrating fake Thanksgiving. Hope things are well, Raiders not having any issues or unhappy moron fans.

Welp, going through a tunnel, miss y'all

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
cool story bro

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm glad we got the better quarterback
Too bad they fired the best Head Coach they will have for a long time. Maybe Rivers would have a ring by now otherwise.

Oh well, back to 1-15 seasons soon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Too bad they fired the best Head Coach they will have for a long time. Maybe Rivers would have a ring by now otherwise.

Oh well, back to 1-15 seasons soon.

It's what Spanos deserves

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah because of Melvin Gordon. I'd have rather lost.

Also Mike Williams is making his NFL debut this week against the Raiders. I think Bosa made his debut against the Raiders last year too

Please, Chargers. Do something right.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So the broncos basically have two bye weeks in a row. Huh.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
lol

https://twitter.com/tomhoffarth/status/917819019775709184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wonder if Spanos really gives a poo poo or is just willfully obtuse about the Chargers being a horrible draw in LA

• Locked thread