Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Someone suggested putting some kinetic recoil mods and trying out the Antiope-D. I think I found my new favourite gun 👌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Norns posted:

You might even have a ghost that detects them for you!

Or if you're really cool, an innate skill to your character that locates resources on you radar

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, the FWC shaders are terrible on armor. They are pretty great on weapons and vehicles though.

ummmm

I mean it's not gonna win any awards or anything because it's pretty far down the "does it make me super shiny" scale but it doesn't look terrible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

ummmm

I mean it's not gonna win any awards or anything because it's pretty far down the "does it make me super shiny" scale but it doesn't look terrible.

I'd say it's terrible that it uses 2 out of 4 of the shader colors and doesn't make you look like a technicolor dreamboat. However I don't think it's necessarily an FWC problem, it seems like a lot of armor takes shaders weird and doesn't use what should be the most prominent colors.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Are there any titan recovery arms that aren't the ones with the two foot tall shoulders?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

xzzy posted:

ummmm

You look like someone unfolded a bowling ball.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I'd say it's terrible that it uses 2 out of 4 of the shader colors and doesn't make you look like a technicolor dreamboat. However I don't think it's necessarily an FWC problem, it seems like a lot of armor takes shaders weird and doesn't use what should be the most prominent colors.

There's sort of a pattern, like the top quadrant of the shader icon tends to be the primary color for metal pieces on the armor (ie, most of what titans wear).

But there's some shaders that don't follow the scheme for no reason at all so unless you memorize them all you still have to try every single one of them out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

There's sort of a pattern, like the top quadrant of the shader icon tends to be the primary color for metal pieces on the armor (ie, most of what titans wear).

But there's some shaders that don't follow the scheme for no reason at all so unless you memorize them all you still have to try every single one of them out.

Pattern or no pattern it's dumb as hell to have a shader with 4 colors when only 2 of them show on armor pieces.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

NM Shaders: Fukken sweet
FWC Shaders: Drab garbo that doesn't look like what you'd expect

FWC: best guns
NM: best shaders and armor
DO: most EMO (man this place sux let's leave)

Ofc DO wins by a wider margin than Trump.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

What's the Discord/Slack for Bone Krew?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DO esence can be best represented by the original jumping the hellmouth video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjL7RHxIag

Crossing the void of space is a challenge, no doubt. But a DO player did first.

The only way to guarantee the survival of the human race is to have human in has many satellite/planets has possible, so a single event can't kill them all.

Has we are now, a asteroid can hit the moon and create a world wave that would wipe humans from earth. Stuff that is normal in a cosmic scale, any day now something can hit earth, or some even can wipe almost all life in the planet.

The DO ships are the only guarantee of survival that have the human race.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

10 Beers posted:

What's the Discord/Slack for Bone Krew?

Go through the application process given in the OP and you'll be sent an invite. There is no open invite for the slack.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

xzzy posted:

Go through the application process given in the OP and you'll be sent an invite. There is no open invite for the slack.

Oh. Okay, well I got into Bone Krew last night. Thanks!

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Murgos posted:

FWC: best guns
NM: best shaders and armor
DO: most EMO (man this place sux let's leave)

Ofc DO wins by a wider margin than Trump.

lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

The DO ships are the only guarantee of survival that have the human race.

Planet hopping is another thing.

The real DO outlook is if they had their way, there wouldn't even be a DESTINY to play because they want everyone to run away from all of it. DO is for people who hate the game. Them winning is proof.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dead Orbit rules because they're like "let's go explore the stars." Nothing cooler than that.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Maybe if the Traveler got off his arse a little more often we'd have more planets to live on. :mad:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes but in Destiny's universe everything out in the stars wants to murder us for hanging out with the traveler. Sure, go visit the stars if you want. But I'll hang out with the immortal murder zombies because at least there's a snowball's chance in hell of survival.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did they ever explain where all the water went on io

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Traveller Buttchug

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Maybe if the Traveler got off his arse a little more often we'd have more planets to live on. :mad:

Humanity's lived on all the planets both games take place on, we just got chased away from them all

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

xzzy posted:

Yes but in Destiny's universe everything out in the stars wants to murder us for hanging out with the traveler. Sure, go visit the stars if you want. But I'll hang out with the immortal murder zombies because at least there's a snowball's chance in hell of survival.

Naw, not everything! Calus found something in the great beyond of the universe that he thought:
- Was worth becoming its herald, rather than subjugating
- Could kick the traveller's rear end easy peasy
- Meant he, too, could become a god-like entity
- Is not the darkness

(Despite that he's still convinced that the darkness' victory is an absolute invevitability and he's actually recruiting swell people to stand with him and watch the universe end. Might as well enjoy the spectacle.)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Emron posted:

Are there any titan recovery arms that aren't the ones with the two foot tall shoulders?

all of the pvp gear is recovery. i'll dig through my vault for any others.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ooh I forgot Nessus

Mango Polo posted:

Naw, not everything! Calus found something in the great beyond of the universe that he thought:
- Is not the darkness

(Despite that he's still convinced that the darkness' victory is an absolute invevitability and he's actually recruiting swell people to stand with him and watch the universe end. Might as well enjoy the spectacle.)
I don't think it's Calus accepting the inevitability of the darkness winning as much as understanding everything comes to an end so make life sweet while you can

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Get hosed up

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Destiny 2: Do Dope gently caress Hope

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Ooh I forgot Nessus

I don't think it's Calus accepting the inevitability of the darkness winning as much as understanding everything comes to an end so make life sweet while you can

Well...

I've known you through many lives now: gladiator, Primus, usurper. With each new incarnation, I think we learn a little more about each other. How many more lives before our relationship becomes complete? But this life is my last, because there is no further that I can go. When next we meet, you will face one who has transcended even the gods. What will you be?

The light of this universe will soon dim. You cannot see it yet, but I assure you, there will be no denying it when it comes. There will be no safety, and no defense. The only question you should ask yourself is, "Where do I want to be at the end?" From my vantage, I have cause to ask myself this question with some urgency. I will move soon, and I mean to choose the place from which I will watch all become darkness. I find it poetic and satisfying that you will be near.

When you imagine the last moments of all life in this universe, what do you see? Is it struggle, war, and death? Are you fighting to the last breath? Are you suffering? I am not. In those last moments, I am surrounded by joy, pleasure, and good company. I am the last thing that they see. They give to me the greatest gift—the last of the living acknowledge that I, above all other beings, was real.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

Well...

I've known you through many lives now: gladiator, Primus, usurper. With each new incarnation, I think we learn a little more about each other. How many more lives before our relationship becomes complete? But this life is my last, because there is no further that I can go. When next we meet, you will face one who has transcended even the gods. What will you be?

The light of this universe will soon dim. You cannot see it yet, but I assure you, there will be no denying it when it comes. There will be no safety, and no defense. The only question you should ask yourself is, "Where do I want to be at the end?" From my vantage, I have cause to ask myself this question with some urgency. I will move soon, and I mean to choose the place from which I will watch all become darkness. I find it poetic and satisfying that you will be near.

When you imagine the last moments of all life in this universe, what do you see? Is it struggle, war, and death? Are you fighting to the last breath? Are you suffering? I am not. In those last moments, I am surrounded by joy, pleasure, and good company. I am the last thing that they see. They give to me the greatest gift—the last of the living acknowledge that I, above all other beings, was real.

Yeah, the darkness more as an entropic force rather than raarrr an evil force that will devour us all unless we shoot it enough

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, the darkness more as an entropic force rather than raarrr an evil force that will devour us all unless we shoot it enough

That or ooga booga pyramids

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mango Polo posted:

Well...

Where is this from?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Where is this from?

Prestige raid armor lore. No idea how long it's been out, but all of it is on the usual item databases.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Real Io has almost no water.

The surface is mostly sulfur based so it's probably a very stinky place to live.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm using nameless midnight and sunshot right now. What purple energy weapon should I keep an eye out for in case I ever want to use an exotic kinetic weapon? On that note what exotic kinetic weapons should I be going for?

Also what's the best grenade launcher?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

fighting lion because of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdjYJjzJh4

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
Just applied to the Bone krew but while waiting for that to get approved if anyone wants to play trials of the nine, the raid, or anything else I'm up for it! Gamertag thewatch05. My personal preference would be trials, and I haven't played either trials or the raid yet.

Full disclosure: I'm not very good at the pvp

The Watch fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 9, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm using nameless midnight and sunshot right now. What purple energy weapon should I keep an eye out for in case I ever want to use an exotic kinetic weapon? On that note what exotic kinetic weapons should I be going for?

MIDA is an easy-to-get freebie exotic kinetic that has defined the crucible meta thus far with its insane aim assist. I think the PvE 3 of choice right now is Nameless Midnight, Uriels Gift, and Merciless in the power slot. Those together give you the utility to smack anything upside the head.

Grenade launchers are mostly terrible. Flash and Thunder gives you flashbangs which can be fun to huck onto a crucible control point and mop up the guys squatting behind a titan barrier. The only real use I've found for Prospector is bomb spam to solo kill the 4 Watcher turrets guarding the conduit chest on the leviathan.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mango Polo posted:

- Is not the darkness

It's entirely possible that it is the darkness because convincing Calus it isn't the darkness seems like the kind of thing something called "the darkness" would do

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Prospector is great for single target damage (good for soloing heroic public events, except for the taken blight because they bounce off of it and don't explode). The Play of the Game is fantastic in the crucible, it's like having a shotgun but with more versatility.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Decent PvE non-exotic energy weapons: Annual Skate, any of the precision autos.

Exotic kinetics worth using in the game: MIDA, Sweet Business.

Best Grenade Launcher: uh...they're all pretty awful. Pick one that explodes on impact and doesn't bounce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Manananananan is a very good energy scout rifle for PvE.