Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Many Nazis were Ordinary Men, and when the environment really starts deteriorating, Ordinary Men are all you need to drag out minority ingrates to the detention camps and operate the drones to machine gun the refugees from Florida.

What I'm saying is, centrists and unaligned people are worth agitating, because they are the ones who the Nazis are going to be recruiting from to operate the hellworld they want to implement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Casimir Radon posted:

So is it the Mercers who are funding Spencer or is it coming from somewhere else? I keep hoping he'll bankrupt himself/lose his sugar daddy and find himself living in a box.

there is no direct connection to Spencer and Mercer money. But Milo/Brietbart giving Spencer a platform def helped his cause.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Has anyone ever been able to find out where Spencer's funding comes from?

I've seen a bunch of alt-right figures get pissy with him because he seems to have stable funding like no one else in that space has, but I've never seen someone state that he's independently wealthy from a trust fund or past business dealings, and it all just seems strange.

I'm guessing Russia given his appearances on Russian television as an "expert" but has that ever been proven?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Azathoth posted:

Has anyone ever been able to find out where Spencer's funding comes from?

I've seen a bunch of alt-right figures get pissy with him because he seems to have stable funding like no one else in that space has, but I've never seen someone state that he's independently wealthy from a trust fund or past business dealings, and it all just seems strange.

I'm guessing Russia given his appearances on Russian television as an "expert" but has that ever been proven?

he inherited a bunch of old plantation land (yes, seriously) that he puts into the land bank program to collect money from the government (yes, seriously)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SpaceGoku posted:

he inherited a bunch of old plantation land (yes, seriously) that he puts into the land bank program to collect money from the government (yes, seriously)

https://i.imgur.com/ZbE4WNJ.gifv

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpaceGoku posted:

well, the white supremacy makes a lot more sense in that context, it was nothing but good for him until the great punching

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SpaceGoku posted:

seize his land imo

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

seize his land imo

Ideally, he'd lose it to a SPLC-backed civil rights suit like when they forced the Aryan Nation to forfeit their Idaho compound back in 2000.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My dream is him and his ilk all put themselves into serious debt, and of course they've screwed themselves out of even being able to work at McDonalds at this point. Hopefully wingnut welfare dries up significantly before then.

*Passes by a refrigerator box with a duct tape swastika on the side.
"Look son, it's a member of the master race. Notice how superior he looks."

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

he probably also got some kind of trust fund or other inheritance but the land thing is what usually gets cited

because, I mean, come on

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No, but you can control your own behavior. Having a big following comes with a lot of responsibility, and I'm not joking. If you're not mature enough to handle being big on Twitter, then you should take a break from the bird site.

lmao look at this completely naive take. You still think all sides of a conversation aren't having divisiveness stirred up by disinfo accounts? Should Bernie Sanders' social media team have reeled in all the berniebro bots distorting his narrative and creating infighting?

The problem with the pixelatedboat poo poo is that both sides are so willing to devolve into divisive slapfighting instead of trying to show an inch of humanity or vulnerability. It's almost like defining your identity in opposition to some boogeyman, like "centrists", is a strategy for defeat out the gate.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

edit: internet hard

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

snoremac posted:

Jesus, there's also that picture where his suit's so ill-fitting he looks fat. I'm not gonna lie, I have not seen an OG Nazi in an ill-fitting suit. FAIL.

lay off the ranch Rich.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lmao look at this completely naive take. You still think all sides of a conversation aren't having divisiveness stirred up by disinfo accounts? Should Bernie Sanders' social media team have reeled in all the berniebro bots distorting his narrative and creating infighting?

The problem with the pixelatedboat poo poo is that both sides are so willing to devolve into divisive slapfighting instead of trying to show an inch of humanity or vulnerability. It's almost like defining your identity in opposition to some boogeyman, like "centrists", is a strategy for defeat out the gate.

I define myself in opposition to annoying nerds like you and all the twitter losers

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Casimir Radon posted:

So is it the Mercers who are funding Spencer or is it coming from somewhere else? I keep hoping he'll bankrupt himself/lose his sugar daddy and find himself living in a box.

When in doubt, it's the Mercers. They've got a ton of money and the only scruples they have is that if you're to the Left of Reagan you're not getting any.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

My dream is him and his ilk all put themselves into serious debt, and of course they've screwed themselves out of even being able to work at McDonalds at this point. Hopefully wingnut welfare dries up significantly before then.

In 2019 while working the afternoon shift at McDonalds, Richard Spencer is brutally ripped apart killed and eaten in a Bacchanalian frenzy after he informs the throngs of waiting Rick & Morty fans that they are out of Szechuan sauce.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

He doesn't attend classes at any of these campuses, as far as I can tell. At most the college cops will know who to look for creeping around at night, which is a good thing.

This is Texas so he'll drive for 45 minutes to an hour, sneak onto the campus, paste some flyers then go "hee hee hee!" and run away. Seriously.

wait for him in the lot and when he goes to put the fliers up remove the valve stems from his car and then tape them to the window since it's not property destruction or theft

that way he'll be stranded far away from his home with a bunch of nazi poo poo on him

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Relevant Tangent posted:

When in doubt, it's the Mercers. They've got a ton of money and the only scruples they have is that if you're to the Left of Reagan you're not getting any.

Richy is a trust fund baby who derives his wealth from operating southern Cotton plantations. no lie.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that boat had that one post about the duck which was fun, but every post quoted since, most by their supposed defenders, have been irrelevant drama bullshit

they either need to apologize or shut the gently caress up about it

well, mostly people here need to shut up about it so i won't have to care whether they follows this supremely simple advice or not

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

so i've uncovered the identity of a kid (basically) who has been going around plastering anti-semitic poo poo on college campuses around here

here's some of his work

not really sure what to do

lol how can you not be sure

whoop his rear end

shame him

get him fired

report him to the cops (lol they'll just help him)

steal his cartoon nugget sauce supply, whatever man the possibilities are endless

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

In 2019 while working the afternoon shift at McDonalds, Richard Spencer is brutally ripped apart killed and eaten in a Bacchanalian frenzy after he informs the throngs of waiting Rick & Morty fans that they are out of Szechuan sauce.

rip richard spencer, killed by degenerate non-western sauce

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
actually on second thought, doxx him to his parents, to the college, and on loving /pol/

the last one is important as it throws the corpse of his anonymity right on the door of where the radicalization happens as a warning to the next dumbass that thinks he's untouchable

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Montasque posted:

This except he survives only to fall into a vat of szechuan sauce & becomes a supervillian

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

edit: internet hard

Let's leave the drama about the australian boat aside here and consider the core of the issue about letting minorities have guns.

There's something inherently problematic about considering the state's monopoly on violence as a just absolute, and that nobody else should be armed - because the state's monopoly on violence is part of why Australia is literally running a concentration camp for refugees.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Let's leave the drama about the australian boat aside here and consider the core of the issue about letting minorities have guns.

There's something inherently problematic about considering the state's monopoly on violence as a just absolute, and that nobody else should be armed - because the state's monopoly on violence is part of why Australia is literally running a concentration camp for refugees.

they already don't let minorities have guns

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

This except he survives only to fall into a vat of szechuan sauce & becomes a supervillian

Szechuan Spencer. AKA SS.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, I think there's an ugly tradeoff to make because guns increase the rate of suicide, homicide, and accidental deaths by a huge margin that directly increases the more of a population has guns. There's also the issue in the US that many of the militia groups have an ethnosupremacist component and also seek to unjustly use violence against the state. There's also the issue that an actual insurgency against the US government would require much more than an armed populace because guns do nothing against UAVs and billions upon billions of dollars of military equipment.

There's also the issue that we can actually have a substantive conversation about that here, but on twitter the only thing you can fit in 140 characters is a sick burn.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Heaven Spacey posted:

lmao same

Finding out that the Panther and ESPECIALLY the Tiger (lmao the Tiger) were loving worthless pieces of crap that broke down all the time and not the invincible death machines Wehraboos make them out to be was a big part of popping my ignorance bubble about ~superior german tactics and doctrine~ and therefore understanding just how full of poo poo people are when they talk up the German army in WWII. There is nothing to respect there, everything from production strategy to deployment and performance was absolutely terrible, and anyone who talks them up is either unwittingly or intentionally a Nazi apologist.

yeah i had the same idea about german tanks for a while during my teenage years, thanks mostly to vidja games and movies lol

from what i've read, it seems that the germans had some notably good early war tanks, some good machine guns, and i guess a few good generals...and the advantage of their neighbors having lovely military leadership, and doing stupid poo poo in the early days of the war, which allowed the germans to steamroll a bunch of stuff pretty quickly. Like, the german military just had a few notably good things (as did the US, UK, USSR, etc), and then got lucky too. 90% of the poo poo about them being super extra effective and badass and skilled is made up nazi-lover bullshit, same as the bullshit about the wehrmacht being free from guilt when it comes to genocide and other war crimes

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rah! posted:

yeah i had the same idea about german tanks for a while during my teenage years, thanks mostly to vidja games and movies lol

from what i've read, it seems that the germans had some notably good early war tanks, some good machine guns, and i guess a few good generals...and the advantage of their neighbors having lovely military leadership, and doing stupid poo poo in the early days of the war, which allowed the germans to steamroll a bunch of stuff pretty quickly. Like, the german military just had a few notably good things (as did the US, UK, USSR, etc), and then got lucky too. 90% of the poo poo about them being super extra effective and badass and skilled is made up nazi-lover bullshit, same as the bullshit about the wehrmacht being free from guilt when it comes to genocide and other war crimes

Part of the problem with the later tanks is that the Germans became aware of the design flaws but couldn't fix them because they either didn't have the materials or they didn't have the ability to stop their production lines and retool. The Tigers were garbage, but from the German perspective it was either have garbage tanks today or take a shot at maybe having slightly better tanks but fewer of them when they needed them.

There was a point when Ferdinand Porsche himself redesigned the entire drive train for one of the tanks (I think it was the Panther D?) to make it more reliable, simpler and cheaper to build but the Armaments Board basically said, "Thanks but we can't shut the line down for three months to retool the whole thing because the Russians are already pushing our poo poo in in Pomerania."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rah! posted:

The Germans could have even been fine if they didn't overextend as badly as they did. They sucked at actually ruling the land they did take and didn't have the ability to efficiently utilize its resources (plus lingering issues from WW1; someone in the milhist thread posted a demographics chart and the number of young adult men ready to join the military loving tanked because of so many men dying in WW1 without having kids), so they were straining themselves trying to keep up any kind of offensive into the USSR. Even before the US entered the war against the Axis, Germany was well on its way to defeat as long as the Allies kept up the pressure without just caving and letting Hitler take what he wanted.

The SS, in particular, doesn't deserve the reputation it gets. A lot of SS units were absolute poo poo at fighting and had crappy equipment.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Part of the problem with the later tanks is that the Germans became aware of the design flaws but couldn't fix them because they either didn't have the materials or they didn't have the ability to stop their production lines and retool. The Tigers were garbage, but from the German perspective it was either have garbage tanks today or take a shot at maybe having slightly better tanks but fewer of them when they needed them.

There was a point when Ferdinand Porsche himself redesigned the entire drive train for one of the tanks (I think it was the Panther D?) to make it more reliable, simpler and cheaper to build but the Armaments Board basically said, "Thanks but we can't shut the line down for three months to retool the whole thing because the Russians are already pushing our poo poo in in Pomerania."

If they had just stuck with Panzers, it probably wouldn't have been quite as bad. The Tiger had a big gun and thick armor and those were about the only pros, and some Panther variants had a drive train that broke down within less than 200 kilometers.

chitoryu12 has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Oct 9, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

The Germans could have even been fine if they didn't overextend as badly as they did. They sucked at actually ruling the land they did take and didn't have the ability to efficiently utilize its resources (plus lingering issues from WW1; someone in the milhist thread posted a demographics chart and the number of young adult men ready to join the military loving tanked because of so many men dying in WW1 without having kids), so they were straining themselves trying to keep up any kind of offensive into the USSR. Even before the US entered the war against the Axis, Germany was well on its way to defeat as long as the Allies kept up the pressure without just caving and letting Hitler take what he wanted.

The SS, in particular, doesn't deserve the reputation it gets. A lot of SS units were absolute poo poo at fighting and had crappy equipment.

They did make up for this by drawing in volunteers and conscripts from the entire continent, but non-German volunteers weren't very reliable at all. There's an entire unit of Ukrainian wehrmacht volunteers who became disillusioned with how brutal the German occupation regime was, and switched sides again to join Soviet partisans.

chitoryu12 posted:

If they had just stuck with Panzers, it probably wouldn't have been quite as bad. The Tiger had a big gun and thick armor and those were about the only pros, and some Panther variants had a drive train that broke down within less than 200 kilometers.

The Panzer IV could have easily carried the high velocity 75mm gun they fitted on the Panther. It was seriously outclassed by just about everyone's tanks by 1944, but just being able to knock out enemy vehicles counts for a lot and they had more operational capability than the Panthers.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Oct 9, 2017

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

If the old hex-based DOS game Panzer General taught me anything, its that stukas wreck enemy armor and you struggle when they are not protected because even Polish biplanes would wreck them. Armor is all secondary to the air war.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They did make up for this by drawing in volunteers and conscripts from the entire continent, but non-German volunteers weren't very reliable at all. There's an entire unit of Ukrainian wehrmacht volunteers who became disillusioned with how brutal the German occupation regime was, and switched sides again to join Soviet partisans.

They had one poor bastard that they stuck on the Atlantic Wall who was from loving Korea. He'd been fighting the Japanese and somehow managed to get dragooned into the Soviet Army, was sent west and captured in later action against the Germans. When the Germans heard his story they just kind of shrugged and said, "We'll send you home after the war" and put him in one of the "Ost" units that they had stationed in France. Americans captured him at D-Day and shipped him off to some POW camp in Arizona where he eventually managed to communicate his story to one of the guards. I believe he eventually got $500 and a ticket home on a ship headed east. Hell of a story.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Wives With a "Purpose": An Examination of Women In The Alt Right by anactualjoke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSsE1VJz9mw

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Right because all the guns in america meant that Guantanamo was never a thing

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also how many times in living memory has a gun protected a minority from the state versus getting them killed by it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Montasque posted:

A suitable punishment for Spencer and the guy who was writhing around on the floor for Szechuan sauce would be for them to be locked in a small room together. They might come to a broken brain understanding for a little while but eventually they'd get on each other's nerves, and one of them would probably kill the other.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

to me it's much more about how racist law enforcement means that gun control laws only disarm the oppressed people

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

LordSaturn posted:

to me it's much more about how racist law enforcement means that gun control laws only disarm the oppressed people

they already do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

A suitable punishment for Spencer and the guy who was writhing around on the floor for Szechuan sauce would be for them to be locked in a small room together. They might come to a broken brain understanding for a little while but eventually they'd get on each other's nerves, and one of them would probably kill the other.

broken brained Szechuan kid is alt right. There are pictures of him with based stickman on his Instagram.