Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

better show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Montasque posted:

This is from his instagram, posted above.

If you go into the youtube rehost of the McD's video, and scroll down into the comments, you'll see a couple trump supporters, pepe and all, saying "well ACTUALLY liberals are rick and morty fans"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

so i've uncovered the identity of a kid (basically) who has been going around plastering anti-semitic poo poo on college campuses around here

here's some of his work

not really sure what to do

send it to the colleges. i'm sure this is somebody they'd like to keep off the campus if this is what they're doing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

If you go into the youtube rehost of the McD's video, and scroll down into the comments, you'll see a couple trump supporters, pepe and all, saying "well ACTUALLY liberals are rick and morty fans"

lmao

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Oh poo poo I need to play Tides of Numenara that I already paid for

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The Alt-Right disavows Rick & Morty fandom.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

A lot of the CHUDs seem to hate the new season, because it constantly undermines the notion that Rick is always right - to the point where at the end of the season he's completely "cucked" by Jerry because his family is tired of his bullshit, and all the effort he put into controlling their lives is completely undone.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh poo poo I need to play Tides of Numenara that I already paid for

I didn't play enough Numenera to know if it's good, but aesthetically it's loving off the wall amazing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao they will never realize that rick is not a good person

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

send it to the colleges. i'm sure this is somebody they'd like to keep off the campus if this is what they're doing.
yeah that's what i was thinking. problem is he goes out in the dead of night.

ultimately, someone needs to tell the parents their son billy has turned into a nazi and is going around scaring the crap out of college girls. he's a young and stupid 4channer who got radicalized.

what gave him away was his shoes, actually. there's another guy who plastered the women's college near here last night i'm still working on. matched a twitter account to a face, though. (they also know each other.)

i'm like a little nazi-hunting rick deckard, except instead of replicants it's nazis. and like rick deckard, i'm also an alcoholic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7FhEpif1cA

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao they will never realize that rick is not a good person

For a generation of people raised off 4chan, it's not about being good or bad. It's about putting the screws to someone for literally any reason or rationale they can dream up. This is why Rick appeals to them, and the infinite Rick just feeds in to their weird sense of destructive community

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A lot of the CHUDs seem to hate the new season, because it constantly undermines the notion that Rick is always right - to the point where at the end of the season he's completely "cucked" by Jerry because his family is tired of his bullshit, and all the effort he put into controlling their lives is completely undone.

I didn't play enough Numenera to know if it's good, but aesthetically it's loving off the wall amazing.

https://amyvanhym.dreamwidth.org/16463.html

This writer openly admits that she fails to distinguish between fiction and reality. Rather than use these fictional characters as the relatable lifelike tools for cracking jokes and addressing the human condition that they are, she felt a need to vindictively single one out and give him what-for, as if he was a real person. And then, because he's not a real person, writing the episode allowed her to effortlessly strongarm her way to the last word by just... not writing Rick any more dialogue in the scene. Voila: victory. Against a cartoon character. You go, girl!

She also confessed in the interview that her artistic choices are driven by racist and sexist nepotism: "So when I wrote it, I specifically named her Doctor Wong because there haven't been any Asian characters, and any time I can, I want to give an Asian actor (who isn't a male) a job." Integrity's for white men, amirite? One can't help suspecting that this same sort of cancerous nepotism is what elevated her to her esteemed position. But that's beside the point of this writeup, which is to discuss artistic merit.

I'll address Gao's utter disaster in segments.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Guys rick nd morty is so random lmao lol gg.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

so i've uncovered the identity of a kid (basically) who has been going around plastering anti-semitic poo poo on college campuses around here

here's some of his work

not really sure what to do

What do you mean not sure what to do?!?! Report him and get him expelled!! It's so obvious!! Ruin his life! Like you have the opportunity to strike a nazi and you're not gonna take it?!?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

This writer openly admits that she fails to distinguish between fiction and reality. Rather than use these fictional characters as the relatable lifelike tools for cracking jokes and addressing the human condition that they are, she felt a need to vindictively single one out and give him what-for, as if he was a real person. And then, because he's not a real person, writing the episode allowed her to effortlessly strongarm her way to the last word by just... not writing Rick any more dialogue in the scene. Voila: victory. Against a cartoon character. You go, girl!

She also confessed in the interview that her artistic choices are driven by racist and sexist nepotism: "So when I wrote it, I specifically named her Doctor Wong because there haven't been any Asian characters, and any time I can, I want to give an Asian actor (who isn't a male) a job." Integrity's for white men, amirite? One can't help suspecting that this same sort of cancerous nepotism is what elevated her to her esteemed position. But that's beside the point of this writeup, which is to discuss artistic merit.

It's as if the author himself was being subjected to the therapy and not realizing that he, like Rick & Beth, reject it because they'd rather keep doing what they want instead of accept that they're fueling a toxic worldview.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Uncle Wemus posted:

You chose to write for a show you didn't create, disparaging a main character you don't understand, in a genre where you don't belong, and you chose to expel meconium all over it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some poo poo head from the College Republicans at my alma mater posted some Identity Europa type poo poo on their Facebook page over the summer. They actually kicked him out for it which kind of surprised me. I was able to figure out who it was by logging into my school account before they changed their roster, and looking at the list of officers. I was thinking about leaking it but didn't know how I could send it to, so I didn't.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Wow, this was a pretty interesting read. I am by no means an intellectual man, but I must say, you completly changed my mind on this scene, I'll admit that I felt the therapist was somewhat of a mary sue and that it was weird that Rick never answered back, I figured he just got bored by her. BUT I did believe that she was smarter than she actually is. Thanks for opening my eyes on this one, I enjoyed Pickle Rick as an episode, now I can see just how flawed the entire thing is, or well- at least the Therapy scenes.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

What do you mean not sure what to do?!?! Report him and get him expelled!! It's so obvious!! Ruin his life! Like you have the opportunity to strike a nazi and you're not gonna take it?!?
He doesn't attend classes at any of these campuses, as far as I can tell. At most the college cops will know who to look for creeping around at night, which is a good thing.

This is Texas so he'll drive for 45 minutes to an hour, sneak onto the campus, paste some flyers then go "hee hee hee!" and run away. Seriously.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
is bojack still ok to like or is everyone convinced he's actually the good guy

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

He doesn't attend classes at any of these campuses, as far as I can tell. At most the college cops will know who to look for creeping around at night, which is a good thing.

This is Texas so he'll drive for 45 minutes to an hour, sneak onto the campus, paste some flyers then go "hee hee hee!" and run away. Seriously.

I bet a good suspect is a dude around the corner from me who has several derelict motorcycles in his driveway and a confederate flag hanging on his porch.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Concerned Citizen posted:

is bojack still ok to like or is everyone convinced he's actually the good guy

They're both for people who want subtext turned in to literal dialogue for them so they can understand it, but want to ignore the actual text.

Which is easy to watch I guess, but then the subtext that ISN'T spoonfed to you gets completely ignored for REEEE PICKLE RIIIIICK **like share and subscribe**

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the venture bros is a lot better than rick and morty

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

I bet a good suspect is a dude around the corner from me who has several derelict motorcycles in his driveway and a confederate flag hanging on his porch.
You know I'm going to message you about something.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/chokenspuh/status/917257955707408386

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jose posted:

the venture bros is a lot better than rick and morty

it used to be

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Uncle Wemus posted:

it used to be

You mean when it was airing?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I love this meme so much

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Why r u guys melting down about rick and morty

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Wes Bellamy.....rings a bell

:thunk:

lol whitegirl diet

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Uncle Wemus posted:

quote:

She also confessed in the interview that her artistic choices are driven by racist and sexist nepotism: "So when I wrote it, I specifically named her Doctor Wong because there haven't been any Asian characters, and any time I can, I want to give an Asian actor (who isn't a male) a job." Integrity's for white men, amirite? One can't help suspecting that this same sort of cancerous nepotism is what elevated her to her esteemed position. 

Wow what a racist. I bet she got her job from a racism, probably.

E: I have never watched rich and marty

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jose posted:

it was really good. you used to mod games lol

lollin at this own from a few pages back

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have no idea what's ironic in here and what's not anymore, but I'm glad I don't watch Rick and Morty.

Hasn't promotional events backfiring because they massively underestimate demand been a thing ever since retail was a thing?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is Rick and Morty like Invader Zim but with less girls into it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
rick and morty is a funny show with a horrible toxic fan community

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, it is a really nicely done show, highly recommended, but ignore the fandom, and help the rest of us ignore the fandom by not posting about the loving mcdonalds ad campaign debacle

if anything it is obfuscating the fact that rioting over the branding of your fast food sauce, trampling people at black friday sales, and voting in a drugged up baboon for president because (not even all the indirectly) it is what creates tv ratings are all about how americans are deeply disturbed and likely a lost cause

not even this thread can help making the whole thing focused on one of the brands involved

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/917195735464136704

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'd go as far to say that Rick and Morty fans may be worse than Steven Universe fans, and that's really saying something.

Hell, they are approaching Homestuck levels.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the boat guy is having a days long meltdown lol

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/917104620383514624

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Some poo poo head from the College Republicans at my alma mater posted some Identity Europa type poo poo on their Facebook page over the summer. They actually kicked him out for it which kind of surprised me. I was able to figure out who it was by logging into my school account before they changed their roster, and looking at the list of officers. I was thinking about leaking it but didn't know how I could send it to, so I didn't.

Print it out and mail it to his parents, because even if he didn't lie to them about why he was kicked out he will wet himself at the idea that someone out there is holding him accountable for his behavior. Also set up a google alert for him so if he gets a job you can let his employers know what he is.