Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

The most compelling reason: she's on a double 5* banner.

Idk, tears now or more hopeful tears later. . . But either way the waterworks are destined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The other 5* is LaserCatte though so it's great either way!

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
5* ticket gave me Freyvia #2

Now I can dual wield needles, but I don't have Greg so no 4x L&A :(

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
First Ex summon was a Rainbow... Prishe, which was unexpected and I'm not really sure what to do with her.

5° was a Dark Fina, my first dupe Rainbow! Everything else was just TMR Fodder.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

KDdidit posted:

Sure glad I bought that Cut Card materia way back when for Ace! Boy that one is useless.

I was sad when I got that second Marie on the 5* tix, but then I saw 2 "chump summoned 5* Lightning" in a row on my feed. As someone with 3 of her, I know the disgust.

To be fair Lightning was once uber overpowered and highly useful for months. Now the 3 i have might not have sniffed a moment of use in over 6 months since Orlando hit but still. Plus she can still be a useful evade cheese tank for some fights.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
2nd regular EX ticket popped out a Marie :toot: I've been wanting a Marie for forever, just to have her as an option for elemental resistance coverage.

5* ticket though: Lightning #2

I would end my non-duplicate Rainbow Crystal streak with a second Lightning. 15 units in a row :(

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
blugh, prishe. she's terrible right

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

beergod posted:

blugh, prishe. she's terrible right

Her TM's great.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Ended up with Aileen. Huh. Well, I wanted a good damage dealer, but isn't she another one who really only chains well with a dupe?

(Also, not sure who to replace in my regular team - running WoL, Zaarg, (Enh) Luka, LVeritas, and Agrias (not fully enhanced yet). Figure probably Agrias esp. since I don't have the t5 crysts to finish her attack)

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Got my third and fourth rainbow units from the recent rewards, thanks Gumi.
A dupe of Ayaka and Seabreeze Dark Fina, thanks Gumi.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 9, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got a noctis from the 5* ticket which could have definitely been worse, he's hopefully getting his buff with kingslaive assuming that ever happens

Ugly John posted:

Ended up with Aileen. Huh. Well, I wanted a good damage dealer, but isn't she another one who really only chains well with a dupe?

(Also, not sure who to replace in my regular team - running WoL, Zaarg, (Enh) Luka, LVeritas, and Agrias (not fully enhanced yet). Figure probably Agrias esp. since I don't have the t5 crysts to finish her attack)

Aileen is like idiotically good though and its pretty easy to add Aileen friends even if you have to use pubbies. i have one but idk my friend code off the top of my head i will post it later

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ugly John posted:

Aileen's current frames are poo poo and she only chains with her self. She'll chain with TTerra and M. Ramza post-enhancements, but that is about it. Once her enhancements hit it shouldn't be hard to find Aileen friends though.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Welp, drew Onion Knight...

So now I that I have Tidus x2, Orlandeau, Onion Knight, and Reberta.. which ones should I be using? I've been rocking double Tidus so far.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i personally would probably still sick with the double tidus since that makes everything so much easier just having the built in chains. its not hard to find friend units to chain with some of the others but if you can 100% remove that hassle i for sure would.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm an onion knight bro now too. I pulled Fry last week, should I use my 100% moogle on her for the needle or for my onion guy?

Dang it feels good to have to make that choice.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I'm an onion knight bro now too. I pulled Fry last week, should I use my 100% moogle on her for the needle or for my onion guy?

Dang it feels good to have to make that choice.

It's gonna depend on how well you can gear them but OK is probably a better all around choice. Fry owns and she will typically do more damage since enemies tend to have less SPR than DEF but she's pretty much locked into ice damage.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 9, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Ugly John posted:

I got her today to and don't plan to do a drat thing with her aside from tossing her on a TMR team and just let her get some levels that way for a little while. I think my words in Discord were to "bench her" for some time.

I got her just in time for OK to finish his TMR today so seemed like a fitting replacement.

My unit choices are full of characters needing a dupe to chain with effectively.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one unspoken benefit of freyvia is that gumi either forgets they made her or they purposefully never balance any content with the idea of double freyvia in mind so in virtually all content double freyvia can clear it easier than any other option. i waffle on whether or not they forgot they made such a busted unit or they just want their OC do not steal to be the strongest in the game

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

MohShuvuu posted:

So now I that I have Tidus x2, Orlandeau, Onion Knight, and Reberta.. which ones should I be using? I've been rocking double Tidus so far.

my typical setup right now is tidus, onion knight, friend onion knight. tidus primarily water imperils and the two onion bros chain splendor or water. for extra style points try chain capping with jecht shot. anything that doesn't flat out resist water gets crushed especially with further party buffs and def debuffs.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I do something similar, but I have my 9S with his ice/water/earth imperil along with two tidus chaining Quick hits (they both have brotherhoods) + friend olive trueshot finisher.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Blazed through all the free tickets, plus all my reserves just b/c I was on a roll (of getting nothing). Got nothing. I mean, a second Reberta, but WTF do I do with that??

Bonus to this shitstorm: I've been running max lvl Locke for the current candy dumbshit event. But a 4* Locke. Didn't even realize he could get another star, and that the relevant skill is his last one obtained at max lvl 5*. Ah well.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 9, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MohShuvuu posted:

Max out Onion Knight's LB and use him to break DEF for 100% then follow up with your Tidus' chain for millions of damage.

new kind of cat posted:

my typical setup right now is tidus, onion knight, friend onion knight. tidus primarily water imperils and the two onion bros chain splendor or water. for extra style points try chain capping with jecht shot. anything that doesn't flat out resist water gets crushed especially with further party buffs and def debuffs.

This is what I do, and gently caress do I wish there was better options for Weapons with a Water element. Give me a Water Great Sword; please!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cobalt60 posted:

Blazed through all the free tickets, plus all my reserves just b/c I was on a roll (of getting nothing). Got nothing. I mean, a second Reberta, but WTF do I do with that??

Bonus to this shitstorm: I've been running max lvl Locke for the current candy dumbshit event. But a 4* Locke. Didn't even realize he could get another star, and that the relevant skill is his last one obtained at max lvl 5*. Ah well.

Pretty sure Locke and Xon's skills don't affect the drop rates of the event materials either.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Dropped the 5 * ticket and got a Reberta, which I'm not overly excited about, but is still cool. She does continue my streak of no duplicate 5*'s as a mostly F2P which consists of:

Noctis
Greg
Ramza
Fryevia
Tidus
Aileen
Zargabarga-sparkle
Ace
Delita
Dark Fina
And now Reberta.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I have a really great stable of 6's, so most of the content I can do no problem, I'm just hamstrung because I can't macro, and I'm F2P, and I also just don't have time to devote to the hours long fights (Giant Fuckoff Robit, I'm looking in YOUR direction.)

I've been playing for over a year, so it feels good to finally have the RNG on my side with pulls lately. I mean, a tidy last spring, a fry last week and an onion knight just now aren't too big of a deal really, but things are paying off.

That said, I'm sure I jinxed it and will only draw Kriles from here on out.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pretty sure Locke and Xon's skills don't affect the drop rates of the event materials either.

The talk on reddit is that they reduce the chance of getting 0 drops.

Not that it hurts to use a part of Xons with Pods and Raven's cloak. Might as well go for full placebo effect and maybe get done a few runs faster.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cant get ravens cloak because of the bug from earth keys way big when that support has never responded to me about :(

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i cant get ravens cloak because of the bug from earth keys way big when that support has never responded to me about :(

What bug?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Decided to just go ahead and blow all my ex tickets because gently caress it, whatevs. Bunch of TM fodder, but my last was a rainbow, holy poo poo. Is Gumi actually gonna make up for me spending 80 combined ticket and 10+ pulls over the last few days?

Queen #3. At least she's got a good TM, I guess. Goddamn, another rainbow on the 10+1 ticket? :psyduck: Delita #2. Again, TM fodder, I suppose. Alright, let's try the 5* EX ticket.

MotherFUCKING ORLANDU

I'm super excited, because I've got a fully enhance Agrias and he was the first unit I really whaled for back during his first banner but got burned really hard. I couldn't even pull a Soleil for that banner. Now I just need to start TM grinding a couple more Cecils and a Zidane so I can build another murder machine.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
So is Tidus good enough to stop rerolling or should I try for the white mage lady?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
i drew a veritas of flame

dont know how to feel

darkness would have paired great with my orlandeu.....

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Sinistral posted:

So is Tidus good enough to stop rerolling or should I try for the white mage lady?

Tidus is a very good jack-of-all-trades, and becomes one of the best damage dealers if you can take good care of him. He's a great at chaining, finishing, can apply the current best water imperil in the game, and can also act as a party all-stat buffer.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I'm jealous of you people drawing good rainbows. I pulled four rainbows with these tickets!

1 Emperor, who I already have
2 Lightning
1 Ramza

I am... not thrilled.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kuai posted:

i drew a veritas of flame

dont know how to feel

darkness would have paired great with my orlandeu.....

I'd love a VoF. It would let me use Mercedes Axe with Onion Knight so he could Onion Cutter and chain w/ water imperil without an ATK% reduction on my Materia slots.

Beyond that, I'd love an Ace because that guy is looking better all the time.

Then Noctis, but I'll get another shot at him in November.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I think it's time to kill me a robot. Rejiggered things so Maxwell SOMEHOW has a higher attack than Aileen, got Ace on battery/attack detail and Rikku on support. Would Ashe be a good non-medical heal or should I try to get Luka to max first? And any friends that are built for robot scrapping?

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
What the heck do I do with two Prishes?

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
whooooooole lotta trash save Zidane #3. I think I'm gonna sit on that 5* until the halloween banners.

what the hell do I do with five Lukas? she's my main healer and I also have 4 other copies. I also have five Wereis, but I figure I should use those for TMRs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My 5* is Luneth. Pretty cool, and I didn't have him, but would I use him as a finisher over Olive?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My 5* is Luneth. Pretty cool, and I didn't have him, but would I use him as a finisher over Olive?

Luneth does a bit more damage after enhancements and is easier to time the hit to cap the chain. That said they both are close to each other, take your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Mad Fnorder posted:

What the heck do I do with two Prishes?

Uh..use them. Prishe is the highest damage potential unit in the game currently with her attack combo. Even moreso once she gets enhanced. The only downside is you need a friend to chain with. Or a second Prishe...

• Locked thread