Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

I fear that the consequences of all this is going to be a staggering amount of blatant product placement in shows. Even more blatant than it already is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPuz8LpsGMw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Madkal posted:

I fear that the consequences of all this is going to be a staggering amount of blatant product placement in shows. Even more blatant than it already is.

They've already tried that years ago and it didn't work out. See: Dead Zone's Tylenol sponsorship. There was also a daytime soap that sprung into a full blown cereal commercial during a scene at a restaurant or bar. Edit (I'm TOO SLOW)

More realistic is probably each major network/studio splitting into their own paid services. Disney is already planning one, CBS already has one, Time Warner is working on a new DC only one and you can now pay for HBO without needing cable TV.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Soap operas is a little unfair because hawking products is right there on the tin. Now CBS shows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqWpJKzVRN0

Stop making Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim say those words you monsters.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtnJwQPSWg

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Well, they don't have to anymore!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Excellent. Danny is at his best as a character when he's interacting with Luke. I can't lie though, I would've chosen Jessica if it's a one or the other situation. Hopefully it isn't.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SonicRulez posted:

Excellent. Danny is at his best as a character when he's interacting with Luke. I can't lie though, I would've chosen Jessica if it's a one or the other situation. Hopefully it isn't.

You can't put Jessica in Luke Cage season 2.

His skin is unbreakable, but his heart isn't.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/vernejgay/status/915979533324476416

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Punisher is currently being edited to remove all guns and be composed entirely of the warm glowing flashback scenes with his family.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Electromax posted:

Punisher is currently being edited to remove all guns and be composed entirely of the warm glowing flashback scenes with his family.

"How was the Punisher?"

"It was okay, really weird that everyone was running around with walkie talkies though."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If they postpone the Punisher after every mass shooting it's never gonna come out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

If they postpone the Punisher after every mass shooting it's never gonna come out.

It's sad that I thought the same thing without a hint of irony or jest.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ToastyPotato posted:

It's sad that I thought the same thing without a hint of irony or jest.

:same:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I already tweeted that.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/916062357822017536

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There's an entire Bojack Horseman episode about that.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Electromax posted:

Frank Castle fights for family, and lives for love.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Maybe Jessica will be in Daredevil S3? People liked Ritter and Cox bouncing off each other in Defenders.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Samuringa posted:

There's an entire Bojack Horseman episode about that.

Thoughts and prayers.

Of course. Thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anyway, was that mid October release date already known? I remember it was not when the full trailer came out and I haven’t seen any updates since then

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They never gave a date but rumors were it was going to be announced for like next week at NYCC.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I mean that would have been about two weeks out from the tragic events. I can appreciate the notion but it also feels kind of arbitrary. If it is going to be ok to show in 4 weeks it will be ok to show in two. I get delays, since shows have done it before, but it usually because of things happening within days of the planned release. I believe Supergirl delayed an episode last season because of a different attack. But that is also Supergirl and not Punisher. You're either going to be ok with Punisher or you're not. It's also not airing on TV.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Electromax posted:

Just do it 90s Spider-Man style. Punisher will use a lot of laser guns and they'll only ever stun bad guys.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

Just do it 90s Spider-Man style. Punisher will use a lot of laser guns and they'll only ever stun bad guys.

Would be pretty cool to hear Frank say "destroy" instead of kill. Also not throw any punches.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm just waiting for a live action vampire show or movie that uses Spider-Man TAS vampire rules. Creepy palm plasma suckers!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm just waiting for a live action vampire show or movie that uses Spider-Man TAS vampire rules. Creepy palm plasma suckers!

And it had to be plasma thanks to the censors. Imagine a vampire going around saying I must drink......PLASMA!!!!
I remember there was a site with all the crazy censor demands on the cartoon but I can't recall where. There was also something about removing a scene of Spiderman landing on a roof because he scared pigeons.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

zoux posted:

Anyway, was that mid October release date already known? I remember it was not when the full trailer came out and I haven’t seen any updates since then

Article says that they were going to show the "unredacted" release date in a new trailer at NYCC and it was going to be a "surprise" release on October 13th.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If no one knew when it was coming out they could've just, you know, not said they were delaying it but then they don't get credit for being sensitive I guess.

Natalie Cordova-Buckley (Yo-Yo) is a series regular for SHIELD this season.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

Would be pretty cool to hear Frank say "destroy" instead of kill. Also not throw any punches.

JIGSAW! I'LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Runaways teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_0dJkjFAM

Also the second half of the first season of the Tick won't be out until February.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, that certainly looks like Runaways.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's gonna be weird having to constantly write around having a pet velociraptor you can't afford to show on screen hardly ever.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Skwirl posted:

It's gonna be weird having to constantly write around having a pet velociraptor you can't afford to show on screen hardly ever.

Yeah I really didn't think they'd even bother.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Life finds a way.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

zoux posted:

Runaways teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_0dJkjFAM

Also the second half of the first season of the Tick won't be out until February.

This is reminding of my the Watchmen trailers.

Which is a good thing, because those trailers were great.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe Jessica will be in Daredevil S3? People liked Ritter and Cox bouncing off each other in Defenders.

I'm one of those people, so I'd be happy with that, but doesn't the reverse make so much more sense? Danny and Matt can do their ninja Hand thing. Jessica and Luke can do their gritty street stuff. I suppose the juxtaposition is the point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Gifted is not good.

Edit: I mean, who has a lock on their garage door to keep people IN the house?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 9, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The Gifted is not good.

Edit: I mean, who has a lock on their garage door to keep people IN the house?

Dumb people. But it's America, so roughly 10 percent of people with garage doors.
Something similar happened to permabanned forums user Salt Cures Ham.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Runaways producers have stated that they changed Nico's powers a little to remove the self cutting part of it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

Runaways producers have stated that they changed Nico's powers a little to remove the self cutting part of it.

That's for the best tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

I'm one of those people, so I'd be happy with that, but doesn't the reverse make so much more sense? Danny and Matt can do their ninja Hand thing. Jessica and Luke can do their gritty street stuff. I suppose the juxtaposition is the point.

I've been hoping for Luke & Danny protecting regular people from street crime, while Jessica & Matt combine investigator and lawyer to protect regular people from corporate crime.

Please, oh please, let The Hand be dead.