Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Do The Evolution posted:

I have gotten extremely lucky with my shotguns and they have never acted in a manner unbefitting of a shotgun. Which is to say every time I've had the misfortune of not being able to find a real gun before I have to kill someone, clicking on a guy with a saiga or whatever has always killed them.

One of my favorite memories of this game is laughing my rear end of after punching a guy to death as he ineffectually missed me with all five shots from his shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

For me its Double Barrel > pump with choke > s12k > pump without choke.

The double barrel shotgun is just so good!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cimber posted:

Well, this is a fun game. During my glitch of not having textures loading, i fell through the roof of ony of the barracks in the military base to the room below.

which the door is blocked off with a bookshelf.

Which i cannot get out of.

Guess where three circles have focused on?

[edit] Finally died, was #9

you can crouch jump the milbase windows.

E: You definitely can, even the blocked rooms, I've jumped into those rooms a few times at the start of the game by accident

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Came soooooo close to wiping an entire squad solo. Feeeeeck

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
welp ran into my first hacker, some kind of teleporting bruce lee bullshit

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

welp ran into my first hacker, some kind of teleporting bruce lee bullshit

While I don't condone hacking that would be hilarious to do as a hacker. Just teleport behind people mid-jump punch and play the Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru sound clip before you knock them out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

OGS-Remix posted:

While I don't condone hacking that would be hilarious to do as a hacker. Just teleport behind people mid-jump punch and play the Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru sound clip before you knock them out.

what was funny was I got knocked out in one punch, then he teleported and my team mate who was shooting at him at the same time finished me off so I couldn't even report the dude for hacking

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010

fletcher posted:

Thinking about the slugs in BC2 makes my weenie tingle

Dude, the best loving game. BC2 RIP you were the best. Hiding in buildings and blowing people away with AT4s and Saigas with slugs. So good.

Cimber posted:

anyone know the fix for textures not loading as soon as you land, and everything looks really muddy and out of focus? It takes about 30-45 seconds and all i can do is hide and wait for textures to finally load.

Stormangel posted:

A friend who had the same problem on 8 Gigs of RAM and it went away when he upgraded to 16 Gigs.

I can confirm that running 16gb RAM might fix this. I had Cimber's problem and was looking at total building load times in the minutes, then bumped from 8GB to 16GB now the game runs fine. Also driving is smoother because model pop in is less of a problem.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Does 16gb improve frame rate as well? I have no loading problems (aside from building pop in while dropping, but that's probably just not drawing when 3 KM out, right?)

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
I'm from Europe , and everytime i log in, i start on asia server.
where does asia start here, in poland?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Descar posted:

I'm from Europe , and everytime i log in, i start on asia server.
where does asia start here, in poland?

It's a bug with the last patch. Everyone defaults to AS now.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

You have to win a chicken dinner on Asia to unlock the next regions.
You can either then choose EU or AS.
I recommend EU because it's the standard campaign but if you want an interesting matrix-esque lag battle then AS is for you

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Why would you just play US?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

tote up a bags posted:

I recommend EU because it's the standard campaign but if you want an interesting matrix-esque lag battle then AS is for you
How the gently caress do I turn subtitles on?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ninjalicious posted:

Dude, the best loving game. BC2 RIP you were the best. Hiding in buildings and blowing people away with AT4s and Saigas with slugs. So good.

BC2 was definitely one of my favorite fps's in recent memory. It was such a fun game. None of the BF games since it have had the same magic that it did.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Dearsomeone's week 28-29 highlights

These just keep getting better. This one's probably my favourite.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Parallel Playa posted:

Dearsomeone's week 28-29 highlights

These just keep getting better. This one's probably my favourite.

:holymoley:

killer clips. and drat good editing

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Imma play this "game". Where the kisses at

The Mantis fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 9, 2017

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

The only shot I fired the entire game.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010

remeez posted:

I need to start working on more of these. I could win more if I kept my dang finger off the trigger.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

What's the point of even playing though that sounds boring as gently caress

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's a similar pleasure to hunting. Patience as you exist in nature, and a large reward for decisive action.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's the point of even playing though that sounds boring as gently caress

It's super-tense gameplay though. You start the adrenaline rush somewhere in the middle of the second circle, and it lasts until you die in-game.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Its even more intense to win by shooting every fucker you see.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

remeez posted:

Welcome to the illustrious 1-kill dinner club, friend.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Do The Evolution posted:

Welcome to the illustrious 1-kill dinner club, friend.

smdh if you haven't ascended PUBG with pacifist conduct

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

People didn't like our attempt at running a Taxi service to and from Military base :(.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Stealthgerbil posted:

Its even more intense to win by shooting every fucker you see.

For 10 seconds at a time until you die and have to start a new match.

I go 50-50 between playing aggressive and stealthy, and they're both fun in different ways. The stealthy one lasts longer tho, because I, like alot of people, don't have quick enough reflexes to shoot at everyone and actually win that way.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Look for people to shoot, don't shoot them unless you're pretty sure you can kill them before they disappear. Or if they're in a car. Pretty simple.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Anyone for FPP Duos on NA and is there a discord for this terrible game?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Our stats bot needs new hosting, plus the stats websites/APIs are being annoying with anti-DDOS things, so here's the Season 4 final shame list. Congrats, guys!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got my first chicken dinner last night, in a squad. And I was the only person to die in the squad (that said I died because we were driving around in a roofless UAZ and getting sprayed by bullets).

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

You Am I posted:

Got my first chicken dinner last night, in a squad. And I was the only person to die in the squad (that said I died because we were driving around in a roofless UAZ and getting sprayed by bullets).

Man no game has made me feel that 'I understand why I'm being abandoned by my team but I'm still being abandoned' feeling like this since left4dead

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Just watching them drive off into the sunset while your ambushers casually walk over to execute you with a silenced pistol.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hello top 10 list:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone for FPP Duos on NA and is there a discord for this terrible game?

check the op friendo

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hello top 10 list:

drat somebody is spending some cash on your avs.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
It seems like PUBG might have a little bit of a problem with hackers rn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRmK55WvaU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Ran into a speedhacker not too long ago, pretty sure that fist coming at me at mach 27 gave me a concussion in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm the pictures of his face and the swasticka at the start

• Locked thread