Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

nerve posted:

I have a strong feeling Mitchell Trubinksy is going to be a perennial All Pro

It's loving bullshit if he is. The Lions diddnt get to play the Glennon bears but the Packers did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hizawk posted:

It's loving bullshit if he is. The Lions diddnt get to play the Glennon bears but the Packers did.

An early advantage, but all 3 teams will have to face him twice a year for 15+ years

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

nerve posted:

I have a strong feeling Mitchell Trubinksy is going to be a perennial All Pro

Hmmm yes, that would be something.

The last Bears QB who was all pro was Sid Luckman in 1947. Hell, even the last QB just to make a pro bowl was McMahon in '86. The idea of the Bears having a perennial All Pro quarterback is literally beyond my ability to comprehend.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i promise you that if mitch shows any promise of being even slightly better than the normally lovely bears qb, he will immediately suffer a series of devastating injuries

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are very much looking forward to having Mitchell Trubisky.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Mitchell is a first ballot hall of famer

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The trube train is gonna crush the vikings

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

schweens posted:

Mitchell is a first ballot hall of famer

Without a doubt.

Edit: He has this to look forward to.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the chicago bears will never have a good quarterback unless it is on madden '05 because i picked up Zak Kustok

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Wasn't Grossman good for a year or two?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I was about to say Grossman was good for half of the 2006 season, but after checking his stats, even that isn't true. Grossman always sucked.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

fishing with the fam posted:

I was about to say Grossman was good for half of the 2006 season, but after checking his stats, even that isn't true. Grossman always sucked.

Hey now.
He was good at getting end of game garbage yards. After he was made second string.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

fishing with the fam posted:

He had some very good games when people could actually catch his moonballs, and nearly as many where he threw 3+ picks. Statistically it's one of the most bizarre seasons I've ever seen for a QB but it makes sense if you saw the 2006 Bears.

I think the funniest one is the Vikings game where he went 6-19 for 34 yards and 3 picks and the Bears still won 23-13.

Defense and special teams can get you to a Super Bowl, ask Trent Dilfer or 2015 Peyton Manning.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 8, 2017

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Wait wait wait wait

WAIT

Canada has football?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MikeCrotch posted:

Wait wait wait wait

WAIT

Canada has football?

:jerkbag:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/916991917866541059

Turns out Mitch is the last Jedi

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eric Ebron is David Sloan 2.0 and it still infuriates me to this very day that dumbshit Mayhew took him in the top 10 over the likes of Aaron Donald, OBJ or Taylor Lewan.

And hey Taylor Decker, please come back soon, because the Lions O-line is a goddamn turnstile of awfulness.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wonder if Rey likes kissing titties

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So basically the Lions are never gonna do anything for the next 30 years because teams are just gonna keep giving up at the end of the game like fainting southern dames whenever they play Green Bay.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

VJeff posted:

So basically the Lions are never gonna do anything for the next 30 years because teams are just gonna keep giving up at the end of the game like fainting southern dames whenever they play Green Bay.

Geez, you make it sound like having a HOF quarterback for three straight decades is hard to pull off.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'd just like to see the Packers play a good first half. The only game so far where they weren't down at halftime was the Bears. The cowboys game was 21-6 at one point. I'd really like to see them play 60 minutes instead of wonder how Rodgers is going to get them out of this week's mess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gonz posted:

Eric Ebron is David Sloan 2.0 and it still infuriates me to this very day that dumbshit Mayhew took him in the top 10 over the likes of Aaron Donald, OBJ or Taylor Lewan.

And hey Taylor Decker, please come back soon, because the Lions O-line is a goddamn turnstile of awfulness.

i cant fault them TOO much for the Ebron pick because some of this stuff is hindsight but it seems like they had their mind made up about not bringing Fairley back so passing on Donald irritated the poo poo out of me even at the time. i mean i wasnt thrilled about the pick because you can't really spin it as a need or BPA and how often are tight ends worthy of a top ten pick, plus his body of work didn't support it either. but even if you want to lend them the benefit of the doubt for all that they still definitely knew they needed a defensive tackle.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Gonz posted:

I feel like Jim Caldwell wished for a better defence this year on a monkeys paw or something

I am really not looking forward to watching thus offence flail when it doesn't get handed turnovers for the next 11 games

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Can I please get a gif of Stefon Diggs getting jacked off on the sidelines around the 9 minute mark of the 3rd quarter

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
e: wrong topic

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Trubisky showed a whole lot of promise while working with one of the worst WR corps I've ever seen.

Needs experience and time, but I think he might legitimately turn out well.

Also, deport that officiating crew, Bears didn't really deserve to win but hoo boy there were some questionable calls.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Niners shoulda drafted Trubs. Or maybe I'm just jealous because of that sick lateral 2 point conversion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ESPN posted:

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford suffered a hamstring injury and a sprained ankle in Detroit's 27-24 loss to Carolina, a source told ESPN Insider Dan Graziano, and Stafford's week of practice will determine whether he plays Sunday against New Orleans.

During an appearance on the Mitch Albom Show on WJR Radio in Detroit earlier Monday, Stafford was cagey about his status for Sunday. He declined to provide an update on the status of his ankle and leg, deferring questions to Lions coach Jim Caldwell. When asked directly if he was going to be playing Sunday, Stafford said, "I don't know yet. We'll see."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ladies and gentlemen, the Lions.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Niners shoulda drafted Trubs. Or maybe I'm just jealous because of that sick lateral 2 point conversion.

I would think that a team with no QB and that high of a draft pick in the first round would always go for a QB but what do i know i am but a humble memer

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This sounds similar to an injury Aaron Rodgers had a couple years ago.

Does this mean Mike Daniels will deliberately try to step on Stafford's leg in Week 17?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Thank god we have a good backup quarterback

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Thank god we have a good backup quarterback

Same? :shrug:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Oh right we got rid of Dan Orlovsky so we can watch Generic Michigan Man #6 throw passes into the dirt

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
HIRE COLIN KAEPERNICK

Make this lovely team do something good for fuckin' once

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Oh right we got rid of Dan Orlovsky so we can watch Generic Michigan Man #6 throw passes into the dirt

lol Orlovsky sucks.

gg Lions they keep having players like Robinson and Ebron that just loving kill them, year after year. I realize Decker got hurt and it was gonna suck, but Greg Robinson is horrible.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

I thought David Sloan owned incredibly hard but I guess I was also 10 years old. If you need a Lions tight end with stone hands to compare him to it's obviously post-rookie year Brandon Pettigrew

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm sure you'll really miss that guy that ran out the back of the endzone that one time

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Blotto Skorzany posted:

I'm sure you'll really miss that guy that ran out the back of the endzone that one time

He got hired to another team while Kaep was still available

No blackballing here no sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

I dislike the vikings as much as any Lions fan, but i think they might have the best TD celebration of the year so far:

https://streamable.com/7tolp

• Locked thread