Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“RVProfootballer”" post="“477209265”"]
QBs facing NE were performing at Brady-esque levels. Swapping in Watson for Winston was only a good idea in hindsight. Shocker, I know, but Watson isn’t going to continue throwing a touchdown every third completed pass. If you’re talking Hopkins vs Evans, Hopkins turned 4 catches into 3 touchdowns, don’t chase that kinda flukey hindsight either.
[/quote]

It was really a choice between their QBs - Evans and Hopkins are my de facto starters. You are absolutely right about Hopkins flukey night and I'm not looking too much into it. It was just fun as hell to watch.

I give myself some heat because I was tracking the whole Gilmore thing after someone here mentioned him offhand. After reading a local beatwriter's take on the situation, I agreed with the idea that Matt Patricia was going to have Gilmore shadow Evans exclusively, to avoid the costly miscommunications that have cost NE some games.

That revelation (that NE is no longer an opposing QB auto-start) came true on Thursday night and was confirmed by game analysts that they ran Gilmore exclusively on Evans, limiting his and Jameis' production. They both had decent games, but I have to roll with Deshaun Watson moving forward. If he could do this against the Texans, I'm now perfectly fine trotting him out as my first option with Jameis as Plan B.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Got a guy about to pull the trigger on my McKinnon/Martavis for Doug Baldwin. He's desperate for a 2nd RB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

After losing OBJ, do I stand pat with this team, or look to trade for a replacement?

My team:

The team was absolutely stacked before, and is still pretty strong, so I think I'm ok. Thoughts?

Also, I picked up Watson to cover for Ryan's bye, but with Watson peaking and Ryan struggling, should I hang on to both? Drop Ryan? I hate to roster two QB's.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Man, if Kelce hadn't gotten that concussion I probably would have won my game. He was on a tear.

e: or hunt getting one of those TDs west got

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

After losing OBJ, do I stand pat with this team, or look to trade for a replacement?

My team:

The team was absolutely stacked before, and is still pretty strong, so I think I'm ok. Thoughts?

Also, I picked up Watson to cover for Ryan's bye, but with Watson peaking and Ryan struggling, should I hang on to both? Drop Ryan? I hate to roster two QB's.

Stand pat. That team is solid.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

My team:

You're 100% fine. I'd keep Ryan and wait with Watson. Your WRs are still stacked without OBJ unless this is a 0 PPR league in which case you still have about the best you can get even for smaller leagues. Just find two waiver wire lotto tickets and cut OBJ and Carson

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dammit, I picked up Cook for keeper purposes after someone else dropped him but I think now I have to drop him with OBJ going out as well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Dammit, I picked up Cook for keeper purposes after someone else dropped him but I think now I have to drop him with OBJ going out as well.

Post your roster and keeper limits

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

Post your roster and keeper limits

We can keep three at a round higher than they were drafted, but a first rounder can be kept in the first forever (you can't bump one down to a second if you have two there).

QB: Wentz
WR(3): OBJ, Hopkins, Thielen, Dez, D. Adams
RB(2): DJ, Gurley, Smallwood, Jacquizz, Cook, Lacy (gametime pickup when Smallwood was ruled out)
TE: Ertz
K: I forget his name the Eagles guy
D: KC
+ 1 WR/RB/TE Flex

My keepers this year were OBJ (1), Gurley (5), DJ (6), Cook would have been keepable in the second so I was thinking about trying to get something out of Gurley at the end of the year or just using Cook himself as tradebait. We don't have an IR slot and using three of my five bench spots on guys that are out for the year (I guess DJ might play) isn't really a strategy I want to go with.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Alex Smith is a start every week regardless of schedule. I'm shocked 4for4 had Eli over him. His QB rankings are typically pretty solid.

At this point? Absolutely. But last week Houston looked very scary and Smith looked like most of his points were from the NE game. Meanwhile Eli had two 20+ games in a row facing a very shaky defense. Then EVERYONE got hurt and chaos reigns.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

We can keep three at a round higher than they were drafted, but a first rounder can be kept in the first forever (you can't bump one down to a second if you have two there).

QB: Wentz
WR(3): OBJ, Hopkins, Thielen, Dez, D. Adams
RB(2): DJ, Gurley, Smallwood, Jacquizz, Cook, Lacy (gametime pickup when Smallwood was ruled out)
TE: Ertz
K: I forget his name the Eagles guy
D: KC
+ 1 WR/RB/TE Flex

My keepers this year were OBJ (1), Gurley (5), DJ (6), Cook would have been keepable in the second so I was thinking about trying to get something out of Gurley at the end of the year or just using Cook himself as tradebait. We don't have an IR slot and using three of my five bench spots on guys that are out for the year (I guess DJ might play) isn't really a strategy I want to go with.

Yeah, gotta dump Cook. OBJ, Gurley, and DJ are locked in keepers.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point? Absolutely. But last week Houston looked very scary and Smith looked like most of his points were from the NE game. Meanwhile Eli had two 20+ games in a row facing a very shaky defense. Then EVERYONE got hurt and chaos reigns.

Plus he's got THREE more PRIMETIME games.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Turned AB84 into Zeke since I had zero solid RB1s in my standard-scoring dynasty league, woo. Here's hoping Nuk/Keenan/Tyreek/Alshon will get me through the season. Or for Corey Davis to one day be healthy and playable.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nur_Neerg posted:

Turned AB84 into Zeke since I had zero solid RB1s in my standard-scoring dynasty league, woo. Here's hoping Nuk/Keenan/Tyreek/Alshon will get me through the season. Or for Corey Davis to one day be healthy and playable.

Watch this be the week where the suspension is upheld.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone starting Cam on TNF? Debating playing him over Winston this week.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Anyone starting Cam on TNF? Debating playing him over Winston this week.

If I had both I'd start Cam. He's playing better and is playing at home vs PHI versus Jameis playing @ ARI.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

If I had both I'd start Cam. He's playing better and is playing at home vs PHI versus Jameis playing @ ARI.

Yeah I'm leaning that way too, but the short week hasn't been kind to me most the season and the cards did just give 34 to philly. I'll probably play Cam (maybe funchess as well).

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Would I be crazy to drop the Sea D and roll with Jax D?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone else grabbing Mcguire?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Anyone else grabbing Mcguire?

I haven't thought about my adds yet, but I might. I'm not making any waiver claims this week, but if he's there when I wake up for my 4:30 am pee, I'll consider him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dalstrs posted:

Would I be crazy to drop the Sea D and roll with Jax D?

I wouldn't yet, but I'd absolutely grab/hold them both this week. After this week, Jaguars look pretty safe ros. But Seattle this week against Giants, after the injury armageddon they've had, is a no brainer. Like probably week winning potential. If Jags do well against Rams, I'd consider dumping Seattle after this week for them (what has the world come to hah).

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Real close to just dropping Murray to waivers.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

dkj posted:

Real close to just dropping Murray to waivers.

Trade you Ajayi straight up for him.

I'll even throw in Cooper

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Did we ever find out just why Gronkowski missed Thursday's game? I see thigh contusion, but how did he sustain it? In practice? How loving hard are they hitting in practice that he was fine Mon/Tues, then suddenly can't play on Thurs? Did whoever hit him get immediately released?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Did we ever find out just why Gronkowski missed Thursday's game? I see thigh contusion, but how did he sustain it? In practice? How loving hard are they hitting in practice that he was fine Mon/Tues, then suddenly can't play on Thurs? Did whoever hit him get immediately released?

It was a fluke injury in practice. poo poo happens.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It probably wasn't anything remotely serious, if it was anyone but Gronk and not playing off 3 days rest they probably would've suited up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi friends I was losing badly all day and started Blake loving Bortles because my rear end in a top hat league was icing me out of QBs while Matt Ryan sat.

But I had Tyreek Hill and Hopkins and when my opponent took five minutes to take the trash out he came in to more garbage in his living room than he could deal with. Garbage touchdowns. A lot of them.

That's my story, gently caress my league and the other owners and their shenanigans.

Well last week they had a battle board bet where someone had to take the SAT so that's pretty funny but whatever.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Trade you Ajayi straight up for him.

I'll even throw in Cooper

Skip Cooper and just give me a bullet in the face and we have a deal.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I screamed aboutCooper not being a WR1 back in spring/early summer but uhhhhj

Not like this

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Spoeank posted:

I screamed aboutCooper not being a WR1 back in spring/early summer but uhhhhj

Not like this

in a roster full of mild disappointments, he's been by far the biggest one

I did luck into Kamara and Chris Thompson as fliers so I only have a horrifying WR situation instead of a horrifying everything situation

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a patagonian cavy posted:

in a roster full of mild disappointments, he's been by far the biggest one

I did luck into Kamara and Chris Thompson as fliers so I only have a horrifying WR situation instead of a horrifying everything situation

Same, also add Aaron Jones to that mix now

:dance:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

kiimo posted:

unfortunately both of them are on bye, as well as Brees, and as Coby Fleener whom I normally start at TE in lieu of Hunter Henry whom I dropped after Week 1

feast your eyes

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Derek Carr is expected to return, which should bump Cooper up into "might possibly get catches" territory. Still not really a guy you want to start if you can avoid it, but this week's performance should be a season low.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Derek Carr is expected to return, which should bump Cooper up into "might possibly get catches" territory. Still not really a guy you want to start if you can avoid it, but this week's performance should be a season low.

Lol it isnt even his season low in yards

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Leperflesh posted:

but this week's performance should be a season low.

- Everyone, for the last 3 weeks

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Yeah but everything I've read is that Montgomery is still the guy when healthy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I need another 2 TD 100 yard performance out of Stefan Diggs tonight. Is Bradford going to play?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I need another 2 TD 100 yard performance out of Stefan Diggs tonight. Is Bradford going to play?

Yes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Yeah but everything I've read is that Montgomery is still the guy when healthy.

Ty Montgomery has had one game in his career better than Jones' game yesterday. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying they're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

Ty Montgomery has had one game in his career better than Jones' game yesterday. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying they're wrong.

They should go with a committee. It looks like the talk in San Francisco is that Brieda and Hyde may wind up in a "hot hand" committee too. Not great for fantasy owners, but preserving your RBs is a good idea.

• Locked thread