Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I think they moved the shadow to be behind her in the red one. Maybe my eyes suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Whedon just wanted to base his New Vision of Justice League on the most well-liked of the MCU movies, Thor 2.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I think they moved the shadow to be behind her in the red one. Maybe my eyes suck

Yeah, there's a mostly-obscured shadow behind her, which you have to really look to spot. In the original it extends below her (in the image), increasing her prominence in the shot once she's no longer a blur. The red one seems like a strictly worse composition.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's weird they removed this. I get not thinking to add it, but taking it out from one version to the next is inexplicable.

When the lighting for a shot changes this drastically, it means re-rendering the shot with a new light rig and basically having to put it together again from scratch.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Electromax posted:

Whedon just wanted to base his New Vision of Justice League on the most well-liked of the MCU movies, Thor 2.

I didn't mind Thor 2, underwhelming denouement aside. The final scene, in which Odin and Thor have a real heart-to-heart, is dynamite.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Robot Style posted:

When the lighting for a shot changes this drastically, it means re-rendering the shot with a new light rig and basically having to put it together again from scratch.

Yeah, that makes sense. I meant more that it was a nice part of the composition that I'd think someone wanted to be there, so why replace it with something worse.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That Zack Snyder storyboard has enough smiling Superman to make everybody happy. For shame.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I meant more that it was a nice part of the composition that I'd think someone wanted to be there, so why replace it with something worse.

This deep into post, the people cutting the trailers aren't asking for trailer-specific versions of WIP shots to fix broken pieces, so they're probably just throwing in whatever latest version they have, and it'll be fixed in the final movie.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Robot Style posted:

This deep into post, the people cutting the trailers aren't asking for trailer-specific versions of WIP shots to fix broken pieces, so they're probably just throwing in whatever latest version they have, and it'll be fixed in the final movie.

Hopefully. The fact that the shadow was moved to the rear, as MacheteZombie pointed out, makes it seem more like a change than there just not being a shadow there. But I appreciate your comment that this isn't final, and, also, this is a pretty minor detail :)

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

[Me a couple months ago] Wow, this looks dope!

quote:

[Me, now] God dammit, Joss.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Joss version looks like it was filtered through a gaddamn Virtual Boy.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

New Trailer:

Old Trailer:

Digging the old look better. Wonder Woman stands out way more for me after she takes out the 2 parademons. The new look just feels like a mess to look at.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Color aside, the CGI shown in the trailer looks bad. I'll probably still end up watching it though :shrug:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
There's been talk of them wanting to ape Marvel. Now they can ape the 'enjoying it, but weeping for what could have been' aspect of the MCU.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like how in the old trailer she was silhouetted against the darkness more with the one spot of light behind her after she landed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how in the old trailer she was silhouetted against the darkness more with the one spot of light behind her after she landed.

I mean, Snyder knows how to shoot action.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
More importantly, not only does Joss not, this suggests he can't even recognize it. Or he's got a big ego. Or a suit demanded it.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I mean, Snyder knows how to shoot action.
Looking at it more closely, it's a really nice shot. The light frames her so it's almost like an aura.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

not trolled not crying posted:

I'm sure they wouldn't do anything so obvious --

Beyond sad that we'll never see the best version of this. That first shot is so much better, though we don't know for sure if Snyder wouldn't smother everything in red, I'm sure it'd still keep his action philosophies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It's not just the action, either, but the writing. The first shot is from a movie where they're fighting off an alien invasion. The second shot is from a movie where it's something worse, with "worse" translating to "a bunch of arbitrary purple alien stuff."

It's almost as if they re-wrote the movie specifically so that there could be more artificial light and, thus, less contrast.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Joss version looks like it was filtered through a gaddamn Virtual Boy.

Exactly what I thought. Maybe that's why we see a quick shot of Batman's goggles at first. This is his POV and he set his cowl to Virtual Boy mode.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I guess this is what Allen meant when it said it was an "interesting product of two directors".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, what is worse than an invasion by totalitarian aliens who hail from a literal hell planet? Do they also seek to cancel Christmas or something?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gyges posted:

So, what is worse than an invasion by totalitarian aliens who hail from a literal hell planet? Do they also seek to cancel Christmas or something?

Worse. Abolish capitalism!!!!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Worse. Abolish capitalism!!!!

Are you saying that the Austrian School of Economics isn't based on the Anti-Life equation?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gyges posted:

Darkseid is definitely on the Naughty List, and Santa makes sure he knows it. This is canon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gyges posted:

The worst part is that the hell planet and its leader both have names intentionally misspelled to be cool. Imagine being ruled over by someone who actually goes by the Xbox gamertag they chose in high school.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

Darkseid is definitely on the Naughty List, and Santa makes sure he knows it. This is canon.

Correct.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Lobok posted:

The worst part is that the hell planet and its leader both have names intentionally misspelled to be cool. Imagine being ruled over by someone who actually goes by the Xbox gamertag they chose in high school.

XxXSephir0thXxX actually has a 72% approval rating among residents of BONGRIPPAZZZZ420 [ELITE].

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Extraterritoriality now extends to corporate personnel, especially regarding top executives, and corporate infrastructure, granting multinational corporations defacto sovereignty. Land owned by the corporation is not foreign soil but corporate soil, also exempt from domestic laws. Likewise, employees of the corporation are corporate citizens.

Catching up with the thread but holy lol this is wrong.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Catching up with the thread but holy lol this is wrong.

It's a quote from a roleplaying game.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Serf posted:

It's a quote from a roleplaying game.

Call me a bullet made by Northrup gunman cuz Im a dummie.

About the JL trailer, the only thing I find interesting there is Aquaman. Fratbro the superhero seems fun.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I really, really hope he says 'OUTRAGEOUS!'.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mark-ruffalo-accidentally-streams-a-portion-thor-ragnarok-by-instagram-mistake-1047621

whoops posted:

Mark Ruffalo on Tuesday night accidently streamed (audio only) a portion of Thor: Ragnarok from the Los Angeles world premiere when he forgot to turn off his Instagram live. 

Hulk actor replacement sought for avengers 3 now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nice

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Justice League wont be that good

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Commissioner Gordon is alive!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just want another Wonder Woman movie . That justice league trailer looked strange .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sure he did

• Locked thread