Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

That's any department of the police, really. Their internal jargon includes stuff like referring to immigrant colleagues as "perkerbetjent" and poo poo. Also perlesagen. It's truly a mystery why the force only has 1% non-whites.

On a different note, parliament has decided to ban burqas and niqabs. Their own commission found that zero people wear the first and roughly 200 the latter, a sizable part of them converts. The Danish People's Party are saying that the hijab is next.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Ah, Kawesa, the resigned leader of Fi who will be on trial for forging "scientific papers in genus theory" (which is an achievement in a field made up of make belief).

Because gender is one of those things that does not effect society or human behavior at all?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
It is the forbidden discipline, how dare you

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can somebody please loving annex this poo poo country already?

https://www.information.dk/telegram/2017/10/soeren-pind-stille-10-adgangskrav-dansk-faellesskab

quote:

Minister of Education Søren Pind (Liberals) will make a list of ten fundamental democratic values that Danish citizens must abide by, if they want to be a part of Danish society.

The ten commandments must be inextricable for everyone in possession of a Danish passport and will ultimately be implemented through coercion if necessary, said the Minister. The list has not yet been compiled, but Søren Pind offered three examples to Jyllands-Posten: Equality between the sexes, respect for democracy and freedom of religion.

"I want a discussion about which—not ten theses, but ten commandments—that widely identify us as Danes and connects us, and that one must—not should—abide by," he said. Søren Pind informed the newspaper that the purpose of the list is "democratic assimilation" of Danes from different ethnic backgrounds. "There are about 200,000 Muslims in Danmark and we must construct a 'we' that these people are also a part of," he says. According to the Minister, the ten commandments will embody a "third way" that does not go to extremes, reports Jyllands-Posten.

The Danish People's Party calls the proposal "superficial". Spokesman on immigration Martin Henriksen believes that, in order to have a functioning democracy, one must also have "something in common" culturally.

The Social Democrats welcome the ten commandments.

"We expect the same of Danish Muslims as we do of Danish non-Muslims. It's banal, but may seem brutal," says spokesman on naturalisation Mattias Tesfaye.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I hated being taught democratic values in school.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

May I suggest a certain ready-made list from esteemed 50% Dane Aksel Sandemose?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mercrom posted:

I hated being taught democratic values in school.

You do realise this is not in his capacity as Minister of Education, as that has no bearing on requirements for citizenship? Do you understand what the word "coercion" means?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

You do realise this is not in his capacity as Minister of Education, as that has no bearing on requirements for citizenship? Do you understand what the word "coercion" means?
Coercion is an important part of the Third Position, you must respect that in a democratic society.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The silver lining is that this gives legal cover to deport all the fash when the revolution comes.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Did they really use allude to 'third alternative ' unironically

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

I hated being taught democratic values in school under threat of being failed because I felt it was coercive and went against the core values of democracy and freedom of speech. Then I grew up.

But I don't really know the goal here. Is it an honest defense of democratic values or an excuse to deport muslims? It being literally ten commandments makes me lean towards the latter, but that does not mean the idea by itself is unsound. The problem is the seeming lack of necessity and the risk of abuse. But I say "seeming" lack of necessity because few people engage in honest discourse about issues of integration and that worries me.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Mercrom posted:

But I don't really know the goal here. Is it an honest defense of democratic values or an excuse to deport muslims? It being literally ten commandments makes me lean towards the latter, but that does not mean the idea by itself is unsound. The problem is the seeming lack of necessity and the risk of abuse. But I say "seeming" lack of necessity because few people engage in honest discourse about issues of integration and that worries me.
What does your heart tell youuuuuuuuu

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mercrom posted:

I hated being taught democratic values in school under threat of being failed because I felt it was coercive and went against the core values of democracy and freedom of speech. Then I grew up.

Alright, I thought you were being facetious.

Mercrom posted:

This dude publicly lauded a convicted murderer and biker president for writing a racist manifesto about immigrant "jackals". This was during an ongoing war in the streets between Hell's Angels and immigrant gangs. Then he became Minister of Justice. He doesn't consider immigrants "normal people" as it relates to public housing. He is in favour of warrantless mass surveillance with no impact on either crime or terrorism. He refers to himself as "The Sheriff" and "The Minister of Freedom". His party just agreed to ban articles of clothing, has implemented state-sanctioned daylight robbery of arriving refugees, and deliberately violates human rights on a regular basis. They're presently shielding the Minister of Immigration from prosecution for violating human rights and Danish law. What do you think?

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 7, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Also, if you go into the immigration section of the police, probability of you being a huge racist quintuples, like people working in immigration "services". I know some are forced in there by circumstance, and you have to put food on the table and all, but most non-assholes have the dignity to start sucking cock for a living instead, or become a hobo or something. Or if it's real hard times, even turning to things like politician and/or lawyer, rather than sink that low.

As someone with a cousin who works in social services, with a focus on dealing with immigrants and who really burns for her cause of helping people, I would probably be mindful of that sort of mindset towards social workers.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

This dude publicly lauded a convicted murderer and biker president for writing a racist manifesto about immigrant "jackals". This was during an ongoing war in the streets between Hell's Angels and immigrant gangs. Then he became Minister of Justice. He doesn't consider immigrants "normal people" as it relates to public housing. He is in favour of warrantless mass surveillance with no impact on either crime or terrorism. He refers to himself as "The Sheriff" and "The Minister of Freedom". His party just agreed to ban articles of clothing, has implemented state-sanctioned daylight robbery of arriving refugees, and deliberately violates human rights on a regular basis. They're presently shielding the Minister of Immigration from prosecution for violating human rights and Danish law. What do you think?

Sometimes I think most of what I hear about Denmark must be exaggerated. People certainly make up lies about Sweden. Either way I loving hate politics.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e:nm

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mercrom posted:

Sometimes I think most of what I hear about Denmark must be exaggerated. People certainly make up lies about Sweden. Either way I loving hate politics.

I can provide sources and quotations for each claim if Google proves unhelpful, but the reality is that, politically, this country has been a dumpster fire for a long time.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

I can provide sources and quotations for each claim if Google proves unhelpful, but the reality is that, politically, this country has been a dumpster fire for a long time.

Since Harald Blåtand?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Denmark, after losing to Prussia in the Holstein War, wanted to join Germany's Empire but was turned down.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

The ultimate cause of the loss was the Swedish Riksdag refusing to fulfill their king's promise of military support against Prussia and Austria. The Danish king was merely trying to salvage the situation, by inserting Denmark into the German Confederation as a destabilizing unit, because unlike the Swedes he realized the misery that a united Germany would cause.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The ultimate cause of the loss was the Swedish Riksdag refusing to fulfill their king's promise of military support against Prussia and Austria. The Danish king was merely trying to salvage the situation, by inserting Denmark into the German Confederation as a destabilizing unit, because unlike the Swedes he realized the misery that a united Germany would cause.

The Swedish people stopped listening to their war-mongering kings a long time ago. We won't help any neighbor whether they are being invaded by Germans or Russians.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ihLgWxRqg

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of Austria, a man was just fined for wearing a shark mask due to their burqa ban. Great times ahead for us.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Speaking of Austria, a man was just fined for wearing a shark mask due to their burqa ban. Great times ahead for us.
I would totally do that just to frame the ticket in my office.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Denmark, after losing to Prussia in the Holstein War, wanted to join Germany's Empire but was turned down.

Denmark has been ruled by German kings and nobility for so long that actually joining Germany proper would make little difference.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Zudgemud posted:

Denmark has been ruled by German kings and nobility for so long that actually joining Germany proper would make little difference.
It would make beer cheaper.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

The Swedish people stopped listening to their war-mongering kings a long time ago. We won't help any neighbor whether they are being invaded by Germans or Russians.
That's a typical liberal attitude to the world. In the words of MLK “True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.” Swedish insistence on "neutrality" is really just siding with warmongers, happily sacrificing millions of lives if it helps them claim the mantle of most righteous nation.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

"I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

Does that go for us Northern folk as well? And should the Swedes join France?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Sweden should atone for past sins by invading Saudi Arabia and creating a foothold for social democratic values in the middle east.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mercrom posted:

Sweden should atone for past sins by invading Saudi Arabia and creating a foothold for social democratic values in the middle east.

A decent portion of the upper echelons of Iraqi Kurdistan speak Swedish, I think that is as far as Sweden will ever influence that region.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Zudgemud posted:

A decent portion of the upper echelons of Iraqi Kurdistan speak Swedish, I think that is as far as Sweden will ever influence that region.

So how long until Sweden opens an embassy Ikea there?

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

evil_bunnY posted:

"I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

This whenever someone uses MLK as an example of protesting nice-like.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Kopijeger posted:

Does that go for us Northern folk as well? And should the Swedes join France?

I don't have any stats at all but I think Sweden have had, historically, a slightly more indigenous/Scandinavian ruling class than Denmark, but not by far and we would also probably lean towards Germany rather than France over all. I only base my earlier post on the fact that I recall a lot of Danish kings and nobility having German names.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Lima posted:

So how long until Sweden opens an embassy Ikea there?

Our embassy have already been hijacked.

http://findyrreporter.com/kurdistan-a-grey-market-paradise/

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

I don't have any stats at all but I think Sweden have had, historically, a slightly more indigenous/Scandinavian ruling class than Denmark, but not by far and we would also probably lean towards Germany rather than France over all. I only base my earlier post on the fact that I recall a lot of Danish kings and nobility having German names.
Your kings are Frenchmen though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zudgemud posted:

The last swedish monarch who came from an indigenous dynasty was Kristina, and the ruling class was always pretty packed with various germans and dutchmen, so I'm not super sure if Sweden was much different on that front.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Yeah we played both sides even back in the Napoleonic Wars, so there's that as well. And we ended up with (arguably) Napoleon's Worst Marshall, the often useless Bernadotte who bungled up the invasion of Russia 1812.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
If Fredrik VI hadn't hosed up we could have been Scandinavia the country now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fader Movitz posted:

If Fredrik VI hadn't hosed up we could have been Scandinavia the country now

If Knut the Mighty hadn't hosed up we could have been Scandinavia the empire now.