Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Anyone else see this?

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/10/09/ausa-prototype-pinks-and-greens/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Pinks and greens prototype

I think it looks sharp as gently caress, especially the class B's, our current class B's look like some dumb mall cop bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Anything's better than the ASU hobo suit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Looks a drat site better than being a loving pickle.

Though I'm confused on the name, pinks and greens?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

Anyone else see this?

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/10/09/ausa-prototype-pinks-and-greens/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I think it looks sharp as gently caress, especially the class B's, our current class B's look like some dumb mall cop bullshit.

Of course you'd think that

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Anyone else see this?

Looks like a retro uniform to force sales and also good god, I hope they learn how to tailor that poo poo better, dudes looks like he just got hit with a shrinking ray in that poo poo.

I'm pretty convinced we only change uniforms because veterans own/work for uniform companies and the grift is real.

Also nice "Avenger of the future" in the background with the MMWR hellfires.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hell, I think it looks great. Though it would be nice to go more than 7 years without replacing uniforms. Something about the shoes though, like they're too bright of a leather shade.

Maroon/green oval office caps?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The army can't help but spend a bunch of money on uniforms every few years*

*or find some way to screw soldiers out of several hundred dollars

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Men's Wearhouse was running a special on designer suits for $280, which is still less than the shittiest quality ASU costs.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

ASU's look horrible and I can't believe somebody blessed off on those being adopted by the Army.

When I get out of the Army I'd sooner keep some torn up multicam uniform than I would ASU's. My ASU's are either being sold or getting incinerated.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Those pinks and greens look good but I really don't want to spend more money on a uniform. I would rather just look dumb in ASUs. I really don't care if I can afford it. And that would also be yet another hat to buy. I am still pissed off about the PT uniform change.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Those pinks and greens look good but I really don't want to spend more money on a uniform. I would rather just look dumb in ASUs. I really don't care if I can afford it. And that would also be yet another hat to buy. I am still pissed off about the PT uniform change.

It's funny because FGOs can't wear the old PTs until the wear out date. They're required to buy the new ones.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Well the wear out date already happened. I know it was a 3 year thing, but it still felt quick. Maybe it was because I had very few PT formations in the past three years.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Well the wear out date already happened. I know it was a 3 year thing, but it still felt quick. Maybe it was because I had very few PT formations in the past three years.

All I'm seeing here is that apparently you're doing it right. Now you just need to get into a position where you wear civilian clothes and take a PT test once a year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

All I'm seeing here is that apparently you're doing it right. Now you just need to get into a position where you wear civilian clothes and take a PT test once a year.

I haven't taken a PT test in four years.

:feelsgood:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I haven't taken a PT test in twenty years.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It’s (the prototype) a nice looking uniform but there’s no reason why the ASUs can’t look good; remove some extra pieces of flair and wear the service cap instead of the beret.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm real glad ACUs are on the way out. Ugly, man

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

DoktorLoken posted:

It’s (the prototype) a nice looking uniform but there’s no reason why the ASUs can’t look good; remove some extra pieces of flair and wear the service cap instead of the beret.

The ASU is a cheap, ugly eyesore of a polyester suit that is only good for burning somewhere very far downwind. I know most enlisted sure as gently caress wouldn't know the first thing about a good suit, but it still hurts to look at much less wear.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

The ASU is a cheap, ugly eyesore of a polyester suit that is only good for burning somewhere very far downwind. I know most enlisted sure as gently caress wouldn't know the first thing about a good suit, but it still hurts to look at much less wear.

I don't care for it (my academy uniforms were very nice), but it can be ok if you take it to a real tailor.

Today was it guys. I'm rolling down the hill to being out and picking up speed.

The supply sgt is going to be my best friend in a few weeks.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

bird food bathtub posted:

Looks a drat site better than being a loving pickle.

Though I'm confused on the name, pinks and greens?

The WWII-era officer's uniform consisted of a service coat in OD green and khaki trousers with a slight pinkish hue.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I haven't taken a PT test in 7 years.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Next they need a blouse that's actually fitted around the waist so it doesn't drape like a goddamn trash bag so soldiers can actually look barrel chested and not frumpy dumps.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I haven't taken a PT test in ten years.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

McNally posted:

The WWII-era officer's uniform consisted of a service coat in OD green and khaki trousers with a slight pinkish hue.

Good to know, never heard that phrase. All I ever heard was either pickle suit or hosed up leprechaun the entire time I was in.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mlmp08 posted:

A thousand a month is a whole lot of money on food.

Yup. It adds up pretty quick when you are getting delivery almost 5 times a week for dinner, eating out for lunch, and skipping breakfast.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I really didn't mind the new prototype. I like that Army = green and not this blue bullshit. The ASU made us look like Air Force washouts.

The black PTs were cool when they came out and the only reason I didn't spend money on buying a lot when they came out was because I was getting medboarded and gently caress that.

I finally bought the ASU when I went to a shooting competition in the Netherlands and traded some South African LT for his and we kept it. So I have a South African dress uniform that my wife loving hates but refuse to get rid of because the story makes me laugh. It was 20 euro bet to top it off.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Uh

Sooooo

I really like the ASUs, especially after having some tailoring done, and the jumpboots and maroon beret.

Plus, they remind me of the greatest victory of US Army.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

Uh

Sooooo

I really like the ASUs, especially after having some tailoring done, and the jumpboots and maroon beret.

You're overplaying your stolen valor hand.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Uh

Sooooo

What is it like to be so wrong in life?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The taste of koolaid is sweet, the child remarks as his father hands him deadly poison.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Soulex posted:

I really didn't mind the new prototype. I like that Army = green and not this blue bullshit. The ASU made us look like Air Force washouts.

The black PTs were cool when they came out and the only reason I didn't spend money on buying a lot when they came out was because I was getting medboarded and gently caress that.

I finally bought the ASU when I went to a shooting competition in the Netherlands and traded some South African LT for his and we kept it. So I have a South African dress uniform that my wife loving hates but refuse to get rid of because the story makes me laugh. It was 20 euro bet to top it off.

I don't see how anyone can mistake the ASU for an Air Force uniform unless you're ignorant of historic Army uniforms. With some minor changes it's a good looking uniform, The Old Guard for example.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Air Force wear similar currently if I recall. You ain't got to be ignorant to go "get them looks the same!" Regardless if the Class A was used for 50-60 years.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The AF uniform looks completely different aside from being blue. The ASUs are based on the union army uniform from the 1860s, which means the design pre-dates the airforce by almost 80 years.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Air Force coat and trousers are the same color. ASUs have twice as much blue.

Edit: The Army has had a blue uniform almost continuously since 1774. Suck it, Air Force, get your own color.

McNally fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 10, 2017

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah. For an example of the ASU not looking bad, look at The Old Guard which is a slightly modified variant. The pinks and greens are cool too though, and if I stay in as a reservist I'll get it for free anyway.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They just looked like bad business suits to me.

I don't know, I'm a weirdo and liked Class As though so, yeah. Pain in the rear end to wear but not like it matters cause I am dressing up anymore.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
ITT a bunch of veterans who encourage people to smdftb get up in arms about army fashion despite not even having to army anymore.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I wish the Army would just hire civilians for staff duty so that I stop getting surprise staff duty shifts on the weekend

And it's a weekend right after getting back from NTC so I'm sure some dumb rear end will go do something completely loving retarded that no moderately intelligent person would ever do, resulting in paperwork for me to work on instead of enjoying my weekend. Assholes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Make sure you stay in for summadat O3 pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

I wish the Army would just hire civilians for staff duty so that I stop getting surprise staff duty shifts on the weekend

And it's a weekend right after getting back from NTC so I'm sure some dumb rear end will go do something completely loving retarded that no moderately intelligent person would ever do, resulting in paperwork for me to work on instead of enjoying my weekend. Assholes.