Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ghostlight posted:

It's really hosed up that America still hasn't made it against the law to own illegal guns.

Good god, how else do you get "outlaw" status in the 'verse? Next you'll tell me if I illegally park my space chariot I could become an outlaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The "dinosaurs" in Jurassic Park are specifically not dinosaurs, but actually new hybrid species made from modern reptile DNA and preserved dinosaur DNA. It is perfectly reasonable for them to not have feathers because they aren't actually dinosaurs.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

thatguy posted:

New leak from the guy who leaked the other stuff. Looks like he's successfully removed the watermark with a neato filter as well as blurred the names. This leads me to believe we should expect more/longer leaks in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-wMcs-2lbQ

These Rickrolls have gone too far. Quit loving around with art school CGI wannabe David Lynch absurdism machinima and start linking us 3.0 SC content.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

kinda deus exxy

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ghostlight posted:

It's really hosed up that America still hasn't made it against the law to own illegal guns.

Gremlich tackles the hot topic of the day - still not a single like or retweet

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyLoon posted:

Don't want to be probated again for anime, but this will be SC's version of Kenshiro's death palm thing.

"I have just arrived on my space bike and sprayed you with lazers, now while the lag catches up I count down to when you will die!"
*dies himself instead, because space bike glitched through him as he was riding it, nuking his health*

Lag has existed since '2 weeks' ago and cannot be mastered by scum like you.

Nobody will probate you for classic anime. In 200 years, when everybody has forgotten about SC (except cyborg Derek) people will still be ATATATATATATATATATATAing themselves.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

thatguy posted:

Very important poll, please vote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/14114010

http://www.strawpoll.me/14114895

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Justin Tyme posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sFd0jF43k&t=3s

The starmap, it is so nauseating how it overlays your view and has poo poo just going off the edge of your screen. Classic example of "make this work this way because it sounds cool" and not "make this work this way because its ergonomic and functions well".
i'm the screen real estate that's lost to a lovely-looking helmet overlay that wouldn't be that bright or even noticeable because your brain filters that poo poo out

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hey, I'm no network engineer, but I'm going to debate engineering.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

The starmap, it is so nauseating how it overlays your view and has poo poo just going off the edge of your screen. Classic example of "make this work this way because it sounds cool" and not "make this work this way because its ergonomic and functions well".

is that his helmet that is stupidly cutting off the field of view? Jesus christ Chris is a hack

:cripes:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you could already fly around right? what is new in there?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

Hey, I'm no X, but I'm going to debate Xing with actual Xers and tell them they don't know what they're talking about.
Fixed for every loving Star Citizen ever.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

At this point I'm expecting CIG to procure a D-wave type quantum computer and implement Grover's algorithm to solve everything.

*simultaneously*

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

The ELE is upon us.

California finally pays for it’s crimes against God.

More seriously, be safe California goons. Stay away from the hot.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

Justin Tyme posted:

I love how the player turns his head at about 48 seconds, and the helmet overlay stays where it was. Giving the player a fantastic extra view of... more helmet.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

No. No. No. No.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Raised by Hamsters posted:

I love how the player turns his head at about 48 seconds, and the helmet overlay stays where it was. Giving the player a fantastic extra view of... more helmet.
In Chris' first space game*(**) 90% of your view of space was obscured, and he sees no reason to change that now.

*the first ever space game
**the first ever game

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek, baby: you originally said 3.0 didn't exist, couldn't exist. And yet, it's out to a testing group and soon the whole pop. Whyyyyyy should anyone believe any of the drivel that you spew? You sure are worked up with all the "poo poo stains" and "loving projects" and "loving deads" that you're throwing around.

Blink twice if CR has you by the nuts.

Let me just post the whole thing for you again. You know, in case you missed it the first time. I even highlighted key parts for you.

You're welcome.

ps: Why am I worked up? You think I'm worked up? Oh that's so cute. You guys would rather I wasn't saying anything because deep down inside where it hurts, you all know that I've been 100% right since the start.

quote:

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's about who submits the most bug reports and confirmations in the issue council. But, believe what you want to.

So going by the list of Evocati, and this guy, GameKrap being in it, and only having 7 issue council submissions (latest is 15476, most recent 43364) to date, that's a pretty low bar. By that bar, judging by the 3000+ bugs currently in the list, of which the average backer has reported more than 7, there should be more people in Evocati.

You lying poo poo stain.

It's bad enough that a bunch of gamers gave CIG $160M to make 2 games. They turn around and lock builds behind an NDA and accessible to only a select few. Yeah.

Because you know, that screams "open development".

Then they come up with a new and inventive plan to SPY on the same backers who gave them all this money, by adding a shoddily implemented visual watermark to a game backers already PAID for, and to which they're entitled. Because you know, nothing screams LEAK! like a bunch of unbelievers posting screen shots and videos of the train wreck that the project has become.

And going by the number of obvious bugs in the 3.0 Evocati build, one would think that a company with $160M of other people's money, would have a well staffed QA team, or outsource it to professionals. But that would mean spending money wisely.

Yet, back in Nov 2016 when I wrote Croberts basically went on stage, lied, and made up a bunch of poo poo, and I later wrote this:

quote:

3.0 status: sources say all are still laughing at this one. It simple does NOT exist as was communicated to backers. It was basically a wishlist of items they wanted to see in a point release; and which Roberts when on the record (again) as saying was coming by “year end, and not on Dec 19th like last year“.

....you were one of several (some are still parroting the same bullshit) saying that I was talking poo poo, that my sources were fake etc.

Then the first 3.0 schedule dropped in April 2017, and I was proven to be right.

And then, just like that, 3.0 became the "Baby Jesus Patch" in which, last I checked this weekend, over 75% of what is in the leaked changelog doesn't even exist in the build, the tech is still poo poo, performance is in the crapper, netcode is worse than ever before, and they're about to add a pile of more bugs to the 3000+ strong list.

But don't worry though, Derek Smart lied when he said "3.0 didn't exist"; Evocati are now playing it! Checkmate Goonie!

Basically, 3.0, when it drops, is going to be just another buggy release with 1000+ more bugs to add to the list.

But don't worry though, 6 years later, it's still pre-alpha. I'm sure they will get their act together soon. Pledge moah!

The loving project, just as I predicted in the 2015 July Blog, is loving dead. Only the loving morons still giving CIG money, don't know it yet.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Let me just post the whole thing for you again.
WAY TO GO MOMA LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dude come on, god drat.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Dude come on, god drat.

It's all he's got.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But I'm still waiting for the July blog...

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

TheAgent posted:

my entire goddamn area is on motherfucking fire

everything is burning

holy poo poo

Be safe Agent :ohdear:.

(If Agent can't be saved, however, we should at least preserve his liver, it's brought us countless leaks/laughs).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
OK, read this. Then tell me who wants to go first.

Let's go live now to MagicLeap and... Ah, still making millions from made-up tech

ps: Oh look, MoMa bought me a dog.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 10, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nice Avatar you got there Derek :grin:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually its pretty boring

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did the thread finally turn on derek

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
ITS LIVE, GO PLAY IT!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

More like it is a quiet day at the shooting range and everybody is bored when, suddenly, a nazi clown in a suit which resembles a target wanders in.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Awesome! posted:

3.0 is releasing, finally shutting him up forever and saving gaming

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I was gonna laugh at MoMA for laying the weakest smackdown on Derek but Derek's response is punishment enough.

Seriously though, from everything we've heard this 3.0 has way less than initially promised. They basically cut back on features till they got something that still doesn't run and shoved it to testers indefinitely. Trying to claim sort of technical triumph about it is just a fool's errand, there's not a soul here who would let that slide let alone Derek.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

ITS LIVE, GO PLAY IT!

Someone bought it for me months ago cause I'm an internet superstar and I forgot it was coming out today, so I'll probably be downloading it then not touching it again cause FF14 has a new major patch release tonight.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

it seems like his, uh, defenders have finally let up, so now just the couple haters remain. it's an interesting new dynamic in the thread for sure.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Mordor is good

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also plays really well on my old lovely rig

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Can we put a moratorium on the gun/shooting chat? I lost a family member(extended, not immediate) in the shooting and it really has been bumming me out. We can, of course, have opinions on it, but can we keep it in D&D/Facebook/GBS? I want to read this thread to cheer me up, not hear hot takes on a massacre.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mordor is good

How's the fidelity though?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Hav posted:

California finally pays for it’s crimes against God.

More seriously, be safe California goons. Stay away from the hot.

Two of my really good friends just lost their home in Sonoma, they got out w/their kiddo but lost everything this is so hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Can we put a moratorium on the gun/shooting chat? I lost a family member(extended, not immediate) in the shooting and it really has been bumming me out. We can, of course, have opinions on it, but can we keep it in D&D/Facebook/GBS? I want to read this thread to cheer me up, not hear hot takes on a massacre.

Very sorry to hear about your loss, that is incredibly lame and you have my deepest sympathies.