Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
lol

quote:

The behind-the-scenes book reveals how Hardwick tried to motivate his side before the clash last year, and his "venomous" post-match player appraisal that targeted his biggest stars.

"We spoke about what that jumper would say (about us when we took it off). Well, I'm going to give you the answer: We are as weak as piss as a football side," Hardwick is quoted as saying.

"We sit there and pledge allegiance to the thing you wear, and the Melbourne Football Club steamrolls our blokes. Our blokes! No hiding from it – weak, f---ing weak!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I'm assuming that would have been the game after Tom Hafey died?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
one of the more entertaining things about the dees being so bad for so long was watching other clubs have crisis talks whenever we actually managed to knock someone over

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Charlie Cameron has ruled out extending his contract beyond 2018, which would make it incredibly stupid of Adelaide not to trade him this year imo while they still have more pull

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

one of the more entertaining things about the dees being so bad for so long was watching other clubs have crisis talks whenever we actually managed to knock someone over

Everyone's grand final destination

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm assuming that would have been the game after Tom Hafey died?

Last year's game which I honestly don't remember.

Edit: Ah okay, it was apparently the first time the Demons had won consecutive games since 2011.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snoremac posted:

Last year's game which I honestly don't remember.

The first anzac eve game I think?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Yeah.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sounds like Bulldogs are the frontrunners for Shache.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Charlie Cameron has ruled out extending his contract beyond 2018, which would make it incredibly stupid of Adelaide not to trade him this year imo while they still have more pull

We should, but I think they're still starstruck by what he could be, rather than what he is, especilly if we can get a first round pick for him.

On the other hand, Gibbs isn't happening, so maybe we'd rather keep the experienced player one more year than be recycled into yet another new draftee who won't contribute for 2-3 seasons, which we seem to be doing ad nauseum - nobody from 2016 or 2015 has made a dent yet bar Greenwood from the Cat b list, and only Lever and McGovern have from 2014

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 9, 2017

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Clarry Oliver wins the Demons B&F, not bad at 20

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Oct 9, 2017

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

gay picnic defence posted:

Essendon picked up Luke Lavander as a Cat B rookie. He's a 202cm former cricketer who the club will try and develop into a ruck/forward and his dad posts on big footy

Worked well for the Cloke brothers.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Largepotato posted:

Worked well for the Cloke brothers.

Yes, I seriously hope the club is giving family members a run down on social media because at that place he'd only need to have one bad game and people would be calling for his immediate delisting

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
A little disappointed Crozier is leaving Freo, Bulldogs getting a player who can take a good mark and has pretty good foot skills.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Where did he rule it out? Not doubting it, just wondering where it is.

Agreed that we should definitely trade him this year.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

We should, but I think they're still starstruck by what he could be, rather than what he is, especilly if we can get a first round pick for him.

On the other hand, Gibbs isn't happening, so maybe we'd rather keep the experienced player one more year than be recycled into yet another new draftee who won't contribute for 2-3 seasons, which we seem to be doing ad nauseum - nobody from 2016 or 2015 has made a dent yet bar Greenwood from the Cat b list, and only Lever and McGovern have from 2014

You could argue Alex Keath (2015) is primed to play more footy given that Lever is now gone. Mind you, I'm not sure what the plans are with regards to that. He was in as a replacement for Hartigan this season, will they play him as a replacement for Lever? Or go with Doedee/Otten/someone else instead?

Keath is quick enough to play the role but we do start to look at bit top-heavy.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

cmndstab posted:

You could argue Alex Keath (2015) is primed to play more footy given that Lever is now gone. Mind you, I'm not sure what the plans are with regards to that. He was in as a replacement for Hartigan this season, will they play him as a replacement for Lever? Or go with Doedee/Otten/someone else instead?

Keath is quick enough to play the role but we do start to look at bit top-heavy.

Keath is only 4cm taller than Lever. I always saw him as another lockdown defender, but that may have been because he was in for Hartigan. If he can play the 'third tall' role then he's a perfect replacement.

Doedee needs to squeeze in next year too. Maybe Laird can push onto a wing and he can take his spot.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Port have lodged a FA bid for Rockliff

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Where did he rule it out? Not doubting it, just wondering where it is.

Agreed that we should definitely trade him this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-09/cameron-wont-ever-resign-with-adelaide-says-manager

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
lol

afl.com.au posted:

Adelaide captain Taylor Walker had some stinging words for departing defender Jake Lever, saying the Victorian had chosen "money over success" in deciding to move to Melbourne.

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/917564149881700353

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He said it when Lever told him he was leaving two days before the grand final, because that's really great timing.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

He said it when Lever told him he was leaving two days before the grand final, because that's really great timing.

Nah, you misread. He said he told him two days out from losing a grand final. Bad phrasing, but it was after.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also great timing, my membership renewal arrived today, adding another option to the list of bills that won't get paid this month :suicide:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Bit weird for Tex to bring up the players who left other clubs to join the Crows while he complains about Lever going in the same breath.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

:drat:

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe he would have had more success if Bartel did his job and suspended Cotchin

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He could have suspended the entire Tigers midfield dude, wouldnt have mattered

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Darebin Falcons get to stay in the VFLW for two more years. They were close to being kicked out as the license fee was something like $300k.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

drunkill posted:

Darebin Falcons get to stay in the VFLW for two more years. They were close to being kicked out as the license fee was something like $300k.

Only way to make that league even.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

racing identity posted:

Maybe he would have had more success if Bartel did his job and suspended Cotchin

Yeah nah

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
How many AFLW premierships have Melbourne (or Geelong) won?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

drunkill posted:

That's a bit weird. How does, say, Diamond Creek make that work because I can't imagine they're flush with cash either (given the men's team is in Div 2 of the Northern league)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Donation drives. Are the creekers confirmed to be playing on? I know a few clubs were going to struggle to stay in the comp.

I think AFL clubs should step in and partner with them. Carlton could partner with Darebin creek as they're nextdoor to the Preston Blues and that could mean an extra home grou d for the Falcons. St Kilda Sharks could parter with St Kilda. North could partner with Melbourne Uni.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They're probably wary of forming any partnerships with Victorian AFL clubs considering what happened to all the VFA clubs who went down that road.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Largepotato posted:

How many AFLW premierships have Melbourne (or Geelong) won?

The same number as Taylor walker I think

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m so sick of reading the word Victorian itt

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

arent the darebin falcons ridiculously dominant? how were they in danger of getting the arse compared to other teams in the league?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Solemn Sloth posted:

The same number as Taylor walker I think

I think you'll find that Tex has won one.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

22 hours into trade radio without a trade, they need Kerry, Aggers and Harsha to pad it out tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Largepotato posted:

I think you'll find that Tex has won one.

I'm sure as hell not going to argue against Perkins being a better forward than Walker

• Locked thread