Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fruit on the bottom posted:

My Florida-My wife is trying to have me arrested. She called he cops and accused me of assault. Although I did not hurt her. Cops are on their way. More info in post.

so in between this guy's domestic argument and the cops arriving at the house, he decided to post on reddit about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
r/fireprevention

Me [37m] with child's [4m] room on fire. I think he's still in there. What should I do? What is the best way to put out the fire?

tl;dr: There's smoke coming from my son's room and I can hear him telling me the lamp is on fire. Should I put it out? Should I wait for the fire department to arrive? It's getting pretty smoky in here, I think I should do something. Is that a good idea?

*update*: My son came out of the room and went outside. The smoke is getting pretty thick now. I think the fire department is almost here, thank Dawkins. Will update with more info once I can use my laptop again.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 9, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

so in between this guy's domestic argument and the cops arriving at the house, he decided to post on reddit about it?

1. Police responses to domestic disputes are notoriously slow - like 3 or 4 hours
2. He's a Florida Man. He can't help it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

boner confessor posted:

r/fireprevention

Me [37m] with child's [4m] room on fire. I think he's still in there. What should I do? What is the best way to put out the fire?

tl;dr: There's smoke coming from my son's room and I can hear him telling me the lamp is on fire. Should I put it out? Should I wait for the fire department to arrive? It's getting pretty smoky in here, I think I should do something. Is that a good idea?

*update*: My son came out of the room and went outside. The smoke is getting pretty thick now. I think the fire department is almost here, thank Dawkins. Will update with more info once I can use my laptop again.
This has to be troll because otherwise :murder:.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

2. He's a Florida Man. He can't help it.
Truly the hero we deserve.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

This has to be troll because otherwise :murder:.

I think he's making a joke about how these idiots have to run hurdles over all the obvious solutions in order to post ignorantly about their problems.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

boner confessor posted:

r/fireprevention

Clearly he needs to :sever: but shame on him for invading the child's privacy like that. I'm sure his son would've told him if he wanted the guy to know that his room was on fire.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*rolls dice*

Try opening the relationship.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

*rolls dice*

Try opening the relationship.

Make sure to check if the relationship is hot before you open it though, otherwise you'll cause a backdraft.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Me [28 M] and my parents [50,60 M/F] recently adopted my uncle's daughter, and I find it very hard to accept her as my sister.

quote:

I am not peace with my parents' decision to adopt my sister. They adopted her last year, when she was born. Her mom passed away during her childbirth, she is my paternal uncle's daughter. But I cannot develop any feelings of siblinghood with her. I just feel like she is a random kid.

She was born about a month after my own son was born. And I think I have a feeling that my mom is not as attached with my son as she is to her, and may be I am jealous of her. Moreover, I think she would be a financial burden on my parents. I am from a south asian (desi) background, and it is expected of me to contribute, a little bit, to my parents financial well being (although my parents are relatively stable). I feel really really horrible for feeling how I feel, and I would like to know how I can work on my feelings to accept her. Please help me.

tl;dr: My parents adopted my uncle's daughter, and I cannot accept her as my sister

Reddit consensus: you're a grown rear end man with your own family. No one gives a poo poo what you think.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Maybe he should've adopted the kid, given that he's not loving elderly and has a better likelihood of surviving until the kid is 18? Nah, the kid is better off away from this idiot.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I[21 M] want to be close with my fiance but she[20F] doesn't seem to want to.

quote:

Hey guys, yesterday my girlfriend and I hit our 8 month "anniversary" and we've been engaged for the last 3 months.

We're both Christians and have decided not to have sex till we're married. Which won't be till April. So for now all we can do is make out. Which is fine. The problem is that we don't, and it's been almost two months since we've done it.

My primary love language is physical touch and she knows this. The last time we talked about it I explained to her that I don't want to make out just because. I want to because I know it makes us happy and it brings us closer together, which is what I want. At first she would tell me that it was because of a headache or that she was tired. So I don't even try if I know something is bothering her. Then there's times where she's perfectly fine and we'll start to kiss but she'll put an elbow, or a hand or something up that stops me from making any advances. I know she's not trying to be a "good christian girl" because we use to do this all the time. So the fact that she's doing this now makes me feel unwanted. And I honestly feel like poo poo every time she turns me down.

She understands this, and there's been a couple of times where she's seen my frustration and has felt inadequate. I know she wants me to be happy. However, I don't want her to do it just for me, or have her feel like it's her 'obligation' and have it turn into some kind of chore.

What worries me the most is that this carries on into our married life. I know at first we'll be having sex 2-3 times a week, but I feel like it'll be less and less often as time goes on - and I don't want that.

Oh and I've thought about couples therapy but currently my situation doesn't afford me multiple visits to a therapist. Any advice or perspective will be greatly appreciated.

tl;dr: Now before I post this, I don't want it to sound like I'm just some horny kid who's sex obsessed - I'm not. Many aspects of our relationship are fine, but our relationship currently lacks physical intimacy and I honestly can't go long without it. What can I do?

I'm sure your fiancee, who doesn't even want to make out with you, will totally be down to bone multiple times a week once you're married. :allears:

I'd suggest having a kid to fix the relationship, but in this case it's sort of a Catch-22.

Doggles fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 9, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Me [28 M] and my parents [50,60 M/F] recently adopted my uncle's daughter, and I find it very hard to accept her as my sister.

quote:

She was born about a month after my own son was born. And I think I have a feeling that my mom is not as attached with my son as she is to her, and may be I am jealous of her. Moreover, I think she would be a financial burden on my parents. I am from a south asian (desi) background, and it is expected of me to contribute, a little bit, to my parents financial well being (although my parents are relatively stable). I feel really really horrible for feeling how I feel, and I would like to know how I can work on my feelings to accept her. Please help me.
Reddit consensus: you're a grown rear end man with your own family. No one gives a poo poo what you think.

this stupid dipshit is mad at an orphan because it distracts from his own little bundle of ego

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Doggles posted:

I'm sure your fiancee, who doesn't even want to make out with you, will totally be down to bone multiple times a week once you're married. :allears:

I'd suggest having a kid to fix the relationship, but in this case it's sort of a Catch-22.

she's just as horny as he is and doesn't want to just make out because that sucks

also lol at the "i'm not a sex obsessed kid" yes he is, everyone is at that age, which is why it's tragic he's stuck looking at sex through the weird loopholes of religions that dislike sex

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] married 4 months, together 3 years, she has become increasingly irrational

quote:

Wow, I don’t even know where to start. I’ve read so many other people’s posts on here and thought even if I put my problem into words I couldn’t post it on here, because with there being so many layers to this I can’t imagine anyone being able offer any solid advice.

I wrote out this whole post and realised poo poo I’ve missed out the Aspergers thing. While all this has been going on, it has come to light that my wife almost certainly has Aspergers. She’s not diagnosed but we are seeking one, although it is blindingly obvious to a lot of people since it’s been put to them, others think it is possibly depression. Of course this is relevant but it’s not coming up in our arguments.

I’ve tried to put this into words in my head many times but always felt I was missing parts out and was genuinely worried that people would say “Jesus, why are you even together, so much poo poo going on”. But, alas, here is my first attempt.

This definitely started when my wife stopped drinking just over a month ago. I’ll try and explain our lives before and after this the best I can. We are currently staying with my parents, we’ve been here just over a year. This was never going to be easy, the house is big enough for us, we have a bedroom a living room and we smoke and drink in the garage. My parents are lovely and my wife thinks so. But like i said, it was never going to be easy, especially since we’ve been newlywed.

So my wife quit drinking a month ago, this was after many situations where plans had to be cancelled because she was hungover or I had become fed up of her coming to bed at 6am having spent the last 5 or 6 hours on her own, drinking and smoking in the garage. I’d go to work the next day, she wouldn’t do much, due to being hungover. This became too much, it wasn’t this first time it had been brought up, but this time she decided to quit for good. But that’s when things began to go down hill. First she wanted me to cut down smoking weed, I agreed I’d cut down but did mention, the only reason I’d started smoking it again was because I quit for a year and she refused to cut down smoking or drinking to support me, which again led to her sitting alone outside, smoking and drinking. So I eventually start smoking weed again with a “if you won’t support me - why should I quit something I enjoy” kind of attitude initially, but it all seemed ok (having been an issue before - hence me quitting). So when she quit booze, after a week she demanded I cut down weed, I agreed to cut down. She immediately had an issue whenever I smoked weed, I brought up my reasons for having started up again and we fell out and she went to stay at her Mum and Dads which is about 9 miles away.

Then it became about me having to totally stop smoking weed, for a vast amount of reasons. I agreed and asked her to come home. She wouldn’t. Since then it has been over 4 weeks and we have spent probably 5 nights together.

She says she was using drink to cope with living at my parents, feeling uncomfortable or like it’s not her house, that kind of thing. My parents have really bent over backwards to make her feel comfortable,but it’s not like she’s attacking them, just saying she would have felt like this regardless. I understand this to an extent but don’t understand why everything has to be so sudden and dramatic. So all of this has happened over the course of a few weeks, with lots of ridiculous texting and me saying please can we meet to talk, I’m fed up of texting, her refusing. I’ve suggested we go out to the cinema or other things, denied. That leads us into this last week, it was her birthday a week ago today, I took her to an aquarium we had a great day out, came back to my parents house so I could give her her presents, then we were just laying on our bed and my mum came back and this is where things have just been difficult - my mum didn’t hear her say hello, that was obvious, all three of us spoke at the same time, so my mum didn’t say hello to her, I also think she was trying to respect our privacy. This upset my wife and she wanted to be taken back to her house - which we were going to anyway to have dinner. But I was pretty upset, I had just witnessed my wife’s over reaction and wasn’t happy about it, i said I’d take her back, but wouldn’t be having dinner as I wasn’t ok pretending I was happy when I wasn’t.

This is where things have just become impossible, my wife is expecting me to work on our relationship, but doesn’t invite me over to her parents, won’t come to my parents house but insists we have to be alone. She is saying I have to work on finding us a place to live together, I see this as something we need to do together, plus there is not really a dialogue for that kind of thing right now. One thing that upsets me the most that she keeps saying is that we are/were both unhappy. I have told her countless times now, I was definitely very happy, she’s my best friend, I loved spending time with her. I’m unhappy now because I fear she doesn’t want me anymore.

So this week she is expecting the impossible of me until eventually she started to make less and less sense and become less reasonable and rational. So I arranged for me and her to sit down with her Mum and mine to talk about things so we can open up some communication. She agreed but then started another battle over texts and eventually said she is too weak to talk and wanted me to cancel it, I refused as I thought it was important we sort this out, so she cancelled it. Then accused me of not caring or doing anything to fix our problems. Literally right after she had prevented us from taking a step towards some help and a clear confirmation of my care. Right before that she had contradicted herself in a way I’ve never seen before, within the same minute, seconds apart saying she “wants to make things better and not just give up” to (with no response from me in between) “I think maybe it’s pointless you coming over. We’re both unhappy, this isn’t working.” That’s altercation ended with her saying we have to separate. We’ve had minimal communication since then, this morning I wanted her to tell me if she meant that - being vague she blamed everything on me and mentioned temporary separation. I feel like I’m just waiting on her every word right now, she’s in complete control of my emotions and she doesn’t actually care.

I apologise for this barrage of issues, I’ve barely even touched the surface though really, and I feel like deleting it all because I couldn’t possibly get everything across. I just feel pretty lost right now and want to know what I can do, has anyone else had similar experiences? Am I being totally blind to something? Could I do more?

TL;DR; - Wife stopped drinking over a month ago and things have gone downhill from there

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

One thing that upsets me the most that she keeps saying is that we are/were both unhappy. I have told her countless times now, I was definitely very happy, she’s my best friend, I loved spending time with her. I’m unhappy now because I fear she doesn’t want me anymore.

yeah it's definitely a problem when uh your wife tries to get sober and realizes she's miserable in her relationship with you

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mirthless posted:

this stupid dipshit is mad at an orphan because it distracts from his own little bundle of ego
[/quote]

Never said if the Uncle is still alive or not...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Hughlander posted:

Never said if the Uncle is still alive or not...

Definitely not involved in the kid's life, and it sounds like that kid's life has been pretty hard so far, so why split hairs?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] married 4 months, together 3 years, she has become increasingly irrational

lol, "the problems all started when she decided to quit drinking..."

alcoholics :rolleyes:

edit: the post gets better the more i read it, really, these two are perfect for each other, they're both so petty and selfish about their personal vices that they weaponize them against each other rather than admit they have problems that are definitely loving their lives up

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 9, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
[FL] Neighbour wants to sue for car window broken by lawn mower projectile

quote:

My neighbour has threatened to sue my mother if we do not pay for his broken car window.

On Saturday, we had someone come mow our front lawn. I was home at the time but, my mother was working. Now yesterday, the neighbour calls my mother saying a rock was launched from the lawn mower and broke his car window. The worker denied this when my mother spoke to him later in the day. Our neighbour then told her if she did not pay for the damage he would sue her.

This is not the first time he has tried to get us to pay him for something. Two years ago he also threatened to sue us because our patio was not "up to code" and his garage was flooding. However, before purchasing the house everything was checked and we hadn't made any modifications since. We refused to pay and he left it alone.

I think it is unlikely that a rock from the lawn mower broke his car window but I'm obviously biased here.

I'd just like to know if he has good grounds to sue my mother? Should we just just pay and avoid further trouble? Thank you, any help appreciated.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

I hope all the advice is "don't pay him poo poo, and if he's in the 1% of blowhards who actually takes it to court, let him make a fool of himself there."

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

quote:

Me [32 F] with my SO [30 M] of 10 years, his odd behavior with female cousins

So my SO "Jack" and I have a couple of kids and have been in a long-term monogamous relationship for 10 years. Marriage was never something I wanted so that's not an issue for us at all.
Jack has a large family but he's not what I would call "close" to them, sees them mostly on holidays. What I'm having a problem with is his behavior concerning a couple of his female cousins.
First, there was one that we'll call "Paige". Paige got into drugs, stole a bunch of money from their Grandma, and ran off to L.A. Naturally Jack was pissed and "hated her for what she did". Well she did well for herself in L.A. Got some implants, worked out, ended up as a legit Playmate. She came back for a visit. Jack suddenly "couldn't wait" to see her and called her up to arrange having dinner with her. When I asked what time we were going he told me that he really just wanted it to be the 2 of them. When I inquired as to why he said he wanted to be able to have a conversation about their childhood because they were really close (that's the opposite of what he told me previously). But y'know what, I was ok with this. He went to dinner with her while I watched the kids. However when he came home he was PISSED. He went into a tirade about how her boyfriend was there and it was bullshit because he wanted to have a private dinner with her. It was very odd how angry he was over this. When I asked why he didn't call and invite me when he realized her boyfriend was there-he said he assumed I was busy.
Second interaction, we'll call her "Lola". My SO has been literally working down the block from me. Invited him to meet me for lunch anytime but he always claims that he's too busy or lunch is too short. Alright cool. Well they sent him out of town a couple of weeks ago. The other night he accidentally slipped that he and Lola had gone to lunch together while he was out of town. First, he hid this from me. Second, he never has time to meet me for lunch - but suddenly has time for his other extremely attractive female cousin.
First yes-I'm 100% sure these are actually his cousins. But it's weird to me that I'm never invited to go with him when he meets them. I have male cousins I see but Jack always goes with me. But I'm really pissed that he's making effort to meet up with them and not me. It's not just a family thing either. I've been around when other family members (male or less attractive ladies) ask him to do something and he never arranges anything. It's only the very attractive ones.
Of course when I approach him about this he gets very defensive and says what I'm thinking is sick.
So is my insecurity getting the best of me?
tl;dr: SO of 10 years arranges lunches/dinners with extremely attractive female cousins while refusing to meet me or other family members for lunch.
:banjo:

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Doggles posted:

you always kick the tires before you buy the car, not having sex before being married is as old as the rest of the dumbfuck things religious people used to follow

how is it that one got kept through out the years and years

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

this lady has some issues with self worth and jealousy but also her SO is very clearly loving his cousins or at least trying to

Carrion Luggage posted:

you always kick the tires before you buy the car, not having sex before being married is as old as the rest of the dumbfuck things religious people used to follow

how is it that one got kept through out the years and years

commoditization of women

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Doggles posted:

I don't understand why real living people in goddamn 2017 marry when they're barely loving adults and don't have any accidental kids or other actual commitments to each other. It's an abject failure in America's sorry excuse for education in several parts of the country.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

"Have your insurance talk to the landscaper's insurance, why are you even bringing this to me?"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [24f] boyfriend's [25m] (2 years) older brother [27m] asked me for help "adulting" specifically in regards to his budget, time management, and meal-prepping. He was very angry, frustrated, and clearly not taking it seriously so I quit. Now he and his parents are angry and harrassing us.

quote:

Long story short my parents raised me to be a functional, independent adult instead of just continuously caring for me as a helpless child. My boyfriend "West" wasn't as lucky and has spent the past two years straightening his finances out so he could move out from his parent's house, learning self-discipline and responsibility when it comes to meals, exercise, chores, etc. He enrolled in college last spring. I'm very proud of him and it's incredibly motivating to have a partner interested in supporting and encouraging me through my own journey in those areas.

About three months ago "South", West's brother, asked me to help him out the way my parents and I had initially helped West get a handle on what he needed to do when he'd become serious about being more responsible for himself. West has tried to help South out a few times but their personalities tend to clash quickly and West is frequently busy.

I explained that I could show him my processes but it'd really be up to him to make the actual decisions and changes and then follow through. He talked a very big game about understanding this and how serious he was about wanting to follow in his brother's footsteps and start school.

However, once we actually started sitting down and going over things I realized anytime I'd try to gently suggest where a sacrifice could be made (mostly in his budget, dietary habits, or gaming/free-time schedule) I'd be met with repeated excuses, angry outbursts, or what really seemed like attempts to manipulate me into pitying him. We argued quite a bit over the angry outbursts, I'm trying to help him and I don't care if he thinks he's directing the anger at me or not it puts me on edge. He doesn't see anything wrong with smashing/breaking things and shouting at me, he even thinks I'm too sensitive because I told him if he called me a name again I'd walk immediately. He only laid off all of his excuses re:anger because he didn't want to talk to a therapist, which I insisted was necessary to continue if he truly cannot control himself.

When I invited him over to learn to cook dinner with me and West once a week he'd consistently show up late and be generally disagreeable or outright refuse to involve himself in the process. He asked me for help enrolling in a local community college and proceeded to lie to me several times while also trying to foist his paperwork and scheduling of appointments onto me. I was very insistent that he needs to learn to do this himself and I can only help him, I'm not his secretary. But after he had his mother call me and try to guilt me into writing an essay for him I refused to have anything to do with him and the school at all.

We had a falling out after a particularly infuriating visit and I told South that if he all he really wants to for me to feel sorry for him and agree there's no way he can make real changes in his life then I wasn't interested in wasting my time anymore.

He's badmouthed me to several of his relatives and a few of our mutual friends since. What I'm hearing is a grossly misrepresented version of events that mostly focus on describing me as controlling, nosy, bossy, unsympathetic, spoiled, and that I have no idea what the real world is like, etc., etc. I've mostly ignored this, it doesn't seem too many people take it too seriously, but it has caused tension between my boyfriend and I and South's parents.

Two days ago West's father called me and asked if I'd help South out again and I flatly, politely declined. When West's father kept pressing, insisting his son was serious this time, I told him that the fact that he had his father calling on his behalf indicated to me that no, he was not serious about taking responsibility for himself.

Now South and his parents are calling, texting, e-mailing, and stopping by our place to berate West over choosing such a selfish woman over his family. The badmouthing to relatives has also spread to South's parents and very unexpectedly I had a coworker and an old family friend come to me with concerns over the situation this weekend! This whole situation is infuriating and ridiculous. West thinks we should just avoid them until it blows over but also admits, in the same breath, that his parents are infamous for holding grudges and have been in trouble with the law over enacting revenge on the object of their grudges.

tl;dr: Boyfriend's brother and parents are badmouthing and harassing us because I don't want to help his lazy, uninterested brother fix his life. What should I do?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I don't understand why real living people in goddamn 2017 marry when they're barely loving adults and don't have any accidental kids or other actual commitments to each other. It's an abject failure in America's sorry excuse for education in several parts of the country.

I met my partner when we were 22 and 21 respectively and we're still together 11 years later. :shrug: we had a lot of problems initially but grew together. The rate of divorce for people in this age range isn't even that bad, it's about 50/50.

The real key thing is to not have kids before you're 30 because if you realize you're not compatible down the road it makes things a lot more complicated for everyone, especially your children

really, just don't have kids :thumbsup:

FantasticExtrusion
Sep 3, 2017

What's with all this poo poo about learning to cook? They're aware you just go to the crafting table and put food items on it and then eat them each time attempting to look less stupid than the last time?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Would you all be more or less inclined to marry Dickdrawer if your boss saw the drawing and fired you?

What does it mean if my answer depends on the quality and type of the artwork?

FantasticExtrusion fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 10, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I (19/F) feel like my stepbrother (12/M) has an unhealthy obsession with me.

quote:

So just recently my father, his girlfriend, her son, and I all moved into a house together. My stepbrother (I’ll just call him Jacob) and I have had totally different lives growing up. I know who both of my parents are, where he’s never met his father. I’ve always had my own room and tv and have had a privileged childhood where he has never had his own room until he and his mother moved in with my father and me.

Because of how different our childhoods were I found it hard to relate or even talk to Jacob with out feeling like I’m bragging, for example he’s never been to Chucky cheeses or has seen the movie Lion King and when I ask why he will say some of us weren’t so lucky to have those things.

And then the awkward silence follows. That went on for a while until he found out that we both like video games and anime but ever since then things have gotten weird to me.

I feel like he’s placed me on this pedestal that I know I dont deserve to be on he even calls me senpai which makes me extremely uncomfortable. Often times I notice that he will be lying about things he likes just because I like them. He does and acts a certain way because he think it will gain brownie points with me or something. He often brags to his friends about how great I am and how I’m helping him with his depression. He considers me a person he can confide in and I think that’s wonderful considering the terrible situation he and his mother were previously in, but I still feel awkward.

Jacob also has a lot of personal issues. Such as depression, self harm, and he recently came out to me about a few days ago. I honestly can’t handle all of this. I have my own problems with my anxiety and my own depression along with the fact that I’m an extremely introverted person, so
I can’t only take so much of him at a time. But now it feels like an obligation because according to his mother I’m the only one he’s opened up to like this. I don’t even know what I’m asking here anymore but am I over reacting? Should I just suck it up and try to help the kid out as much as possible?

TL;DR: I can’t deal with my stepbrothers personal problems and borderline obsession with me.

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

Well, the kid came out (I assume as gay?) to her so it's (probably?) not a creepy sexual obsession. She replied to a now deleted comment:

quote:

I’ve spoken to my dad about all of this and he just tells me I’m the sister he never had. Since my stepbrother never had a father figure my dad try’s to be that but my father is a blunt man and can come off as mean. I’m used to it but my stepbrother isn’t and takes everything to heart so of course his mother comes to his defense, claiming that my father picks on him. Because of that my father does want to really deal with the situation
Sounds like the poor kid is just scared and confused and latching on to the only person in his new home life that he has anything in common with. Over time I feel like he'll calm the hell down and she'll grow a little bit of compassion and empathy and they'll live happily ever after.

Or, she's 19, and she'll leave the house soon and not have to deal with any of it ever again. :shrug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Since I'm posting content, I feel like it's ok to slip something unrelated in to my post: I joined a gym about a month ago and physically I feel a lot better just in general. I also feel happier a lot of the time, but I've noticed that I also feel kinda depressed and bummed out a lot more often too. Is that normal?

My previous emotional state was a pretty consistent "meh", so this is an improvement I guess?

My wife (32F) isn't able to get together for bedroom fun because of ongoing medical issues, meanwhile I'm (33M) going crazy and struggling greatly. What should I do?

quote:

I'm in a really bad situation and need some help.

To summarize it as best as I can, my wife of nearly ten years is dealing with some health issues that are manageable, but are causing problems for both her weight and libido. She's working hard on it both in the gym and with her doctor, but for the time being it looks like it will be a long, long time before there any action at all in our bedroom again.

This has been going on for around five or six months now. I've worked very hard to be understanding and patient, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frustrating. It looks like it could be up to a full year before I've had any action, and I'm struggling with my mind wandering.

Not to go into specifics, but I've had two opportunities crop up where other women I see fairly frequently know of the issue I'm facing and have made gentle hints about being able to help. It's entirely possible I'm entirely misinterpreting as I've always been bad about that, but I think it's still possible that the invitation has been there.

I love my wife dearly and I know I'd struggle greatly with going behind her while she's struggling, but at the same time I'm going through my own struggles with all this too, especially as I have no outlet for all this pent up energy.

Anyone have any idea of how I can handle this? It's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do.

tl;dr: My wife is dealing with some issues that are proving problematic, leading to no bedroom action for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile I am really frustrated with having no outlet, and I'm struggling badly with some things that have cropped up that I did not seek out. How can I healthily solve this problem?

He should definitely gently caress around and that will have no repercussions.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
My [35 F] daughter [12 F] wants to wear an anime-themed Halloween costume. My husband [40 M] and I disagree on if it's appropriate or not.Non-Romantic

quote:

submitted an hour ago * by ernomanga

My husband is a big anime fan. I'll admit that I find most of the shows immature at best but it's his hobby and I let him have it. I wasn't exactly thrilled with our daughter following in his footsteps but we agreed before having kids that we wouldn't super strictly police them on watching "inappropriate" content as long as we were there to watch it with them and contextualize it for them. We figured it'd be better for us to explain it to them than their friends. It does help them bond too. He doesn't show her the worst of the worst but I don't think most of it is strictly kid-friendly.

This year my daughter finally decided to go as an anime character for Halloween after being too shy to for many years. I was a bit wary at first, imagining some crazy microskirted Sailor Moon getup, but to my surprise the costume turned out to be a relatively modest set of pink pajamas with a grey wig and a other few cosmetic enhancements to make her look more like the character. I'm okay with that. The character is a 12 year old girl just like my daughter and seemed to dress like one should.

So everything was fine. Then I decided to look up the character (Sagiri) and find out a bit more about her. I try to at least know who my daughter's favorite characters are even if I'm not interested in them personally. Now I don't want to get into the unenviable position of having to explain anime logic here, but outside of the outfit my daughter chose the character is wildly sexualized. She is depicted as, despite her young age, an accomplished artist of drawn pornography. There are scenes where she strips down to very skimpy underwear or bikinis (from the show, not fanart). It never reached the level of full-blown genitalia or sex being depicted but it's stuff that would never be allowed on American TV and, in my view, is completely outrageous for a 12 year old character to be involved in.

I confronted my husband about the issue and he was unrepentant. He agreed that some of the scenes were "borderline" (and claimed to have covered our daughter's eyes during them, which I frankly doubt) but said that I couldn't judge because I hadn't seen anything "in context". He said that the show is about "a young girl finding her confidence"
, that the character inspired our daughter to be more confident herself too, and I couldn't take that away from her. Maybe the show does have some great moral core I haven't been exposed to, but that doesn't excuse the wanton sexualization of underage characters.

He further argued that the outfit itself is completely modest so there's no reason to say she can't wear it because I don't like the character. I am kind of sympathetic to this line of reasoning but I still think that letting her wear it would send the wrong message to my daughter and to anybody who might recognize the costume. I know for a fact that in this day and age pictures of her in it will end up online too and the last thing I want is for my daughter to become the poster girl of a show that I know is enjoyed by some not-so-wholesome people. I don't even want to make her stop watching the show, though I don't think it'd be a bad thing. I just don't want her to be a pervert's fantasy.

So who is right here?

tl;dr: Daughter wants to dress as anime character - Outfit is okay, character is not. Should we let her?

quote:

[–]ernomanga[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
For reference, what do you think the worst scene is?

[–]sleepfight [score hidden] an hour ago
I haven't watched it, personally, but I did look up some Youtube videos and the top hit is a 14 year old girl saying 'all girls her age love dick.' Beyond that, pussy shots, tit shots, rear end shots, just the concept alone of a 12 year old girl drawing pornography for her 15 year old stepbrother. The entire existence of that anime is to titilate the viewer with erotic shots of underage girls. Search it on Youtube, you'll get some clips and reviews.

[–]ernomanga[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
I've watched some clips but I can't be sure how representative they are. That's my husband's argument.

quote:

[–]ernomanga[S] [score hidden] 47 minutes ago
Really I don't know much about Game of Thrones so I'm not sure if I'd let them watch it or not. My husband has talked about watching it some day. Should I be worried?

Also interestingly enough my husband hates Miyazaki. I don't even really know who he is, but I know he hates the guy's anime.

[–]sleepfight [score hidden] 32 minutes ago
$20 says he hates Miyazaki because he specifically called out anime fans who sexualize young girls, which is the kind of anime your husband seems to like.

[–]ernomanga[S] [score hidden] 16 minutes ago
Oh, I see. He said something about Miyazaki "betraying" anime not too long ago.

[–]ernomanga[S] [score hidden] 9 minutes ago
My husband is pretty anti-feminist. Maybe that's it?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Since I'm posting content, I feel like it's ok to slip something unrelated in to my post: I joined a gym about a month ago and physically I feel a lot better just in general. I also feel happier a lot of the time, but I've noticed that I also feel kinda depressed and bummed out a lot more often too. Is that normal?

My previous emotional state was a pretty consistent "meh", so this is an improvement I guess?

My wife (32F) isn't able to get together for bedroom fun because of ongoing medical issues, meanwhile I'm (33M) going crazy and struggling greatly. What should I do?

You know, call me a prude but I think that if any women at all, other than your wife, are aware of your bedroom issues, you've already crossed several lines.

Edit: YOUR HUSBAND IS MOLESTING YOUR DAUGHTER CALL THE POLICE JFC

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 10, 2017

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Tiny Bug Child posted:

My [35 F] daughter [12 F] wants to wear an anime-themed Halloween costume. My husband [40 M] and I disagree on if it's appropriate or not.Non-Romantic

A red flag singularity

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

Tiny Bug Child posted:

That poor girl, holy poo poo.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Fantastic Flyer posted:

A red flag singularity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURcd2_w-rg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It's ok she's actually 600 years old

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

tactlessbastard posted:

Edit: YOUR HUSBAND IS MOLESTING YOUR DAUGHTER CALL THE POLICE JFC
Not yet he isn't, that's what Game of Thrones is for.

It's weird that the thing she's most worried about is an apparently innocuous costume when she should be worried about literally everything else she posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jesus loving christ you rear end in a top hat just jack off, get a fleshlight if that isn't doing it for you anymore

I can understand where people are coming from with these convoluted "give me an excuse to cheat" posts when it's a dead bedroom/"clearly not in love anymore" kind of situation but holy poo poo what an rear end in a top hat

You're not going to "go crazy" because you couldn't use your dick for a while and you're certainly not going to help your wife recover any faster by cheating on her you prick

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Not yet he isn't, that's what Game of Thrones is for.

It's weird that the thing she's most worried about is an apparently innocuous costume when she should be worried about literally everything else she posted.

I don't have any off hand or feel like looking them up but I know there's been studies done on the phenomenon of spouses ignoring the signs of sexual abuse. it's pretty common for wives/husbands to take their partner's side when accusations come out, too.

it's easier for her to get outraged over the kind of anime he watches with his daughter than it is for her to accept that her husband might be an actual pedophile. I think it has less to do with love and more to do with not admitting they could have had that poor of judgment in the first place.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 10, 2017