Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just got off work, and haven't been able to watch. But to keep up with the thread theme, is this game like a Kevin J Anderson novel or Timothy Zahn novel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
He's also been pretty drat good when he was healthy.

E: Late to Bradford chat

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ Terrance Newman is still around? He's got to be pushing 40 doesn't he?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
With the ever elusive 0-0 tie now an impossibility I am hoping for a 3-2 final score.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Kalli posted:

I figured he'd probably take awhile to get back into the speed of the game and then probably end up being a bit better then he was pre-injury because their offense seems a lot more talented then overall then he had been playing with so far in his career.

I don't know if that means tearing it up, since he was mostly an average QB pre-injury
He was looking above average before he got injured.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just got my tickets to the first showing on the largest IMAX screen in New England gently caress yes

and yes that means all the ticket sites are now selling them just so you know

The only imax near me is an AMC and their popcorn sucks. Went with the ultrascreen a block away from my house so I can get drunk/other before the movie.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

seiferguy posted:

I just got off work, and haven't been able to watch. But to keep up with the thread theme, is this game like a Kevin J Anderson novel or Timothy Zahn novel?

Anderson.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mitch deserves better

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
a bit questionable but i can see it

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The OPI of mystic lore

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Jesus christ gently caress these refs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol:

These refs

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: bullshit holding then bullshit OPI of course

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
it's so strange how a talent like Mitchell Trubisky was ever sitting behind glennon

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
There wasn't pass interference at all on that play.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Jesus Christ Terrance Newman is still around? He's got to be pushing 40 doesn't he?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Great throw by Trubisky.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I figured he'd probably take awhile to get back into the speed of the game and then probably end up being a bit better then he was pre-injury because their offense seems a lot more talented then overall then he had been playing with so far in his career.

I don't know if that means tearing it up, since he was mostly an average QB pre-injury

Apparently Bridgewater has been spending his rehab time getting swole as gently caress

Remember "skinny knees" being a knock?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
absolute trash

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
LOL, Sims with the slow rear end sneaky juke.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
stop stepping on your own dick bears

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

seiferguy posted:

Let me put it this way, this game is The Crystal Star of football.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

nerve posted:

it's so strange how a talent like Mitchell Trubisky was ever sitting behind glennon

It's got to be because the front office is paying $15 to Glennon this year

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

nerve posted:

sounds like standard "The rookie QB HAS to sit" thinking

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That was the first bad throw by Trubisky all night.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lmao what

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Apparently Bridgewater has been spending his rehab time getting swole as gently caress

Remember "skinny knees" being a knock?

Huh, yeah. I had a mental image of him looking like Pat White

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
:flag:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the fix is in

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember chris hovan

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A competent team would be up several scores on the Vikings right now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

what the gently caress was that

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

the worst part is that trubisky looks really good

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm glad nerds have to watch this game

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
mitch turned into a pumpkin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gently caress John Fooooooooooox

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

remember chris hovan

I remember him getting talked about a lot here and people hating him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy lol I was looking up the skinny knees thing and there are so many idiot fan articles making fun of the skinny knees criticism: https://thevikingage.com/2014/04/27/teddy-bridgewater-skinny-knees-player-scouting-stupid/

This is the best one I think

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/texans-tracker-cross-off-teddy-bridgewater-and-his-skinny-knees-6714434

quote:

Teddy Bridgewater's knees are just too f**king skinny. In a league where we need stout, fortified knees, Bridgewater's knees are apparently some flimsy combination of pipe cleaners and paper clips. At least that's what Matt Miller is saying:

I thought that the height of silly was 40 yard dash times for defensive linemen (who, if they're running 40 yards in a straight line, are probably chasing some guy who will soon be scoring a touchdown). I thought that scouts getting worked up into a lather about an offensive lineman having arms half an inch shorter than "optimal" was ridiculous.

But skinny knees. That might never be topped.

Because the last thing you want is for your quarterback to be running around and have his knees snap in half like a chicken bone. We've seen this happen all the time. Right?.....Um, right?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Dexo posted:

gently caress John Fooooooooooox
He's a coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fox gets turned on when he punts from the opponent side of the field.

• Locked thread