Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I don't understand football or time-zones: Could somebody give me ballpark (lol) estimate of how many hours I have to wait until the trailer drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

uncle blog posted:

I don't understand football or time-zones: Could somebody give me ballpark (lol) estimate of how many hours I have to wait until the trailer drops?

About 8 hours

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

The trailer will premiere during halftime, which begins once the teams have scored a combined 21 points.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rian Johnson is telling people to avoid the new trailer.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Rian Johnson is telling people to avoid the new trailer.

No he's not. He's saying if you want to come in 100% spoiler free avoid the trailer, but that it is awesome.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

[quote="“LionArcher”" post="“477218339”"]
No he’s not. He’s saying if you want to come in 100% spoiler free avoid the trailer, but that it is awesome.
[/quote]

Which doesn't really apply to anyone in this thread, so that was a weird way for the other poster to put it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trailer is going to open with Luke plainly saying "I'm your father Rey"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
"Ren never told you what happened to your son Rey."

"What? I don't have a son, I grew up on-"

"You are my mother!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Neo Rasa posted:

"Ren never told you what happened to your son Rey."

"What? I don't have a son, I grew up on-"

"You are my mother!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The trailer is Jerry Springer interviewing Mark Hamil and climaxes with "Luke is NOT the father"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Phi230 posted:

The trailer is Jerry Springer interviewing Mark Hamil and climaxes with "Luke is NOT the father"

shouldnt it be Maury?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/917543277942804482

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I find it interesting that with both this and Force Awakens, Disney has made such a hard pivot to dropping the episode numbers from the titles -- it's a huge contrast from the prequel era, when the episode numbers were front and center on so much of the marketing material.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Trailer was amazing

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Loved it. I assume there's a ton of misdirection going on because that was full of spoilers. Maybe Rian was right.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Timby posted:

I find it interesting that with both this and Force Awakens, Disney has made such a hard pivot to dropping the episode numbers from the titles -- it's a huge contrast from the prequel era, when the episode numbers were front and center on so much of the marketing material.

Dropping the numbers helps hide the fact that they're gonna be cranking out a new movie every Christmas

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It's so they can keep it perpetual w/o audiences feeling like there's too much for them to have to digest ahead of time in order to understand whatever they want to sell. Once you're in the theater/bought the disc/rented the iTunes stream, you've parted with your money, and odds are against you getting back up for a refund because you see "EPISODE VIII" at the head of a scrolling bunch of words that you'll forget about ten minutes after they stopped scrolling.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Trailer seems to confirm that 4chan leak

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

Trailer seems to confirm that 4chan leak

Which one?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The one that had like a bazillion different characters and was kinda hard to follow because I read it really late at night after having a few.

I love the visual of the ships and stuff kicking up blood red dirt on the white planet

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

From like two pages ago—seems like the beats could line up with some of the trailer stuff

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Wrong thread

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 10, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Waffles Inc. posted:

From like two pages ago—seems like the beats could line up with some of the trailer stuff

Any details?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Warning: Here be unsubstantiated spoilers!

Edit: There might be bits and pieces in this that sound plausible, but I feel like the majority of it is fan fiction.

This one I think

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahaha this is gonna make so much loving money

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

You mean the one from two pages ago... that started out by outlining the trailer that would be released today to establish credibility and got it 100% wrong?

This trailer confirmed it to be nonsense.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ben Ren is good now, and he's our friend

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ben Ren is good now, and he's our friend

Wanna meet that Ben.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Eiba posted:

You mean the one from two pages ago... that started out by outlining the trailer that would be released today to establish credibility and got it 100% wrong?

This trailer confirmed it to be nonsense.

How so? Actually asking.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm gonna slaughter some yeunglings

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

When you cover the hosed up side of Snoke's face he just looks like a pretty normal old white dude.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
friend ben

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So, Rey is basically the new Chosen One based on what Luke said? He didn't fear Vader's power then, but he does now?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Canemacar posted:

So, Rey is basically the new Chosen One based on what Luke said? He didn't fear Vader's power then, but he does now?

Fairly certain he was referring to Ben.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

iSheep posted:

Fairly certain he was referring to Ben.

It's definitely edited to make you think that, in reality who knows, welcome to out of context trailer lines land

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Canemacar posted:

At first I thought he was talking about Palpatine's power, which would hint at that dumb "Rey is Sheev's granddaughter" fan theory. But based on it showing the academy burning it was probably Ben he was talking about.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Moose King posted:

At first I thought he was talking about Palpatine's power, which would hint at that dumb "Rey is Sheev's granddaughter" fan theory. But based on it showing the academy burning it was probably Ben he was talking about.

Definitely not Palp I'm thinking. Seems like a pointed reference to Vader. And if that's the case I don't think it's Kylo. His whole deal is that he can't measure up to Vader. Rey is practically the anointed heir.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Canemacar posted:

Definitely not Palp I'm thinking. Seems like a pointed reference to Vader. And if that's the case I don't think it's Kylo. His whole deal is that he can't measure up to Vader. Rey is practically the anointed heir.

I agree, Rey is definitely the power he said he was afraid of. I meant that I think Ben was the power he had seen before and wasn't afraid of, rather than Palpatine which was my first reaction.

I don't think it was Vader, though. Luke overpowered Vader pretty handily in ROTJ, followed by Sheev completely wrecking him with barely any effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Luke was always smart enough to be scared of Vader.

• Locked thread