Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

guys av is way better than the comic imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Johnny Joestar posted:

also it should be spelled 'mou~d' in honor of the nerdlinger who translates jojolion

Now this I can get behind.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also if anything that comic isn't great only because you could probably sub in literally any characters and it wouldn't really change

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Thanks for reminding me I need to reread Steel Ball Run, Augus.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

here's my new favorite SBR page

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah that was an awesome page.
I think I still like Kira better but Funny Valentine is definitely a close contender for my favorite main antagonist

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Olive! posted:

What mood does it convey? That's not how words work.

Sorry boomer, it's time for you to go out on an ice flow.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Moltrey posted:

here's my new favorite SBR page

That's the page with the most mood in SBR, straight up

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

tiistai posted:

That's the page with the most mood in SBR, straight up

this makes sense and it would not make sense to me if you said "this page is mood"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love that the perfect form of execution by spin is death by age. It just makes so much sense.

Unrelated but I saw this bit from the first Hellraiser movie where a minor, unimportant character does the same cigarette trick that jotaro does. I wonder if Araki saw Hellraiser. I wouldn't be surprised if he did given that Hellraiser came out a few years before Stardust Crusaders and a bunch of the villains in Part 3 were based around horror movies so I wouldn't be surprised if Araki saw that bit and was like "that's cool, I think that's something Jotaro would do to look cool"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This page is great for the Johnny dark determination and the neat rear end low detail foreground characters Araki did from SBR on

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This page is great for the Johnny dark determination and the neat rear end low detail foreground characters Araki did from SBR on

this is a rare case where I'd say the effect actually looks better in black and white, the way the colored version does the shading on it makes it look kinda weird and out of place.

Augus fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 10, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Augus posted:

this is a rare case where I'd say the effect actually looks better in black and white, the way the colored version does the shading on it makes it look weird and out of place.

Yeah the flat parts when in color surprisingly look more incomplete.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

this is a rare case where I'd say the effect actually looks better in black and white, the way the colored version does the shading on it makes it look kinda weird and out of place.

Not really helped by SBR and JJL's colour mangas not being especially good colourations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

btw was it ever hinted at whether Valentine's unit was from the Union or the Confederacy?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Must be the Union cause lmao if you think Valentine would ever want to separate from his great land. Also the American flag scar on his back was made when he was tortured as a POW and making that kind of scar on someone's back sounds like something a southerner would do

Valentine says he found the Corpse Part in a desert too and Civil War battles reached as far as Tuscon

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I love that the perfect form of execution by spin is death by age. It just makes so much sense.

Unrelated but I saw this bit from the first Hellraiser movie where a minor, unimportant character does the same cigarette trick that jotaro does. I wonder if Araki saw Hellraiser. I wouldn't be surprised if he did given that Hellraiser came out a few years before Stardust Crusaders and a bunch of the villains in Part 3 were based around horror movies so I wouldn't be surprised if Araki saw that bit and was like "that's cool, I think that's something Jotaro would do to look cool"

Araki loves horror films, so there's a 100% chance he saw Hellraiser. The issue is that Miura saw Hellraiser first and made an entire manga based on the Cenobites (Godhand) and puzzle box (behelit), so Araki just let him have it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In the SBR universe there is no Confederate apologia because President Valentine personally tracked down and killed every single person involved with the Confederate army and government.

Jubal Early's skull remains displayed in the White House dining room to this day.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm reading Jojolion now.

Holy poo poo. Someone finally pointed it out.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

Big Mood is just a tweaked Same, we millennials aren't that hard to figure out, come on grandpas

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Norisuke is my favorite Jojolion character who needs to show up more but doesn't.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP8ZwFtbgDw

subs will probably be out soon

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I can't wait to see it once it's subbed though I'm not looking forward to the renewed discussion on twitter & elsewhere about how the OVA is the reason we don't have pt 5 yet or whatever convoluted leaps of logic people are trying out there even though the OVA was announced from the beginning of pt 4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The director of the Phantom Blood movie is going to be at Youmacon!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"Our final guest announcement: the director of a movie that was considered so bad that you can't actually find any copies of it and it was taken out of theaters shortly after its release. Oh, and some other stuff too"

:v:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Looks like JoJo's Colored Adventure put up their subs for the Rohan OVA, as per their facebook page

really can't tell if I'd be breaking the rules to post a direct link/torrent link though just saying probably isn't any better

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

"Our final guest announcement: the director of a movie that was considered so bad that you can't actually find any copies of it and it was taken out of theaters shortly after its release. Oh, and some other stuff too"

:v:

He did the OVA firstly and his drawings are fully sick so that's cool imo

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I love the 80s aesthetic in the ova JJBA. I imagine it would be much better received if it stuck to the original story more.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A lot of the art in the OVA is really bad and it just doesn't feel like JoJo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, It's Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan, so it makes sense that it doesn't feel like JoJo.

And it looks exactly like an animated early JoJolion would do. The worst thing is that it looks like they drew it on a potato because they're not giving out BD for free, only lovely DVDs.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's not JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, It's Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan, so it makes sense that it doesn't feel like JoJo.

And it looks exactly like an animated early JoJolion would do. The worst thing is that it looks like they drew it on a potato because they're not giving out BD for free, only lovely DVDs.

i think he's talking about the 80s ova

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ahhhhhhhhhh i was confused with the Rohan one coming out today.

gently caress the old OVA

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I am offended that you think I was shittalking the Rohan OVA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

I am offended that you think I was shittalking the Rohan OVA

I assume the worst of everyone so that I can be pleasantly surprised.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

To be fair I think I practically had "because thus spoke is in jojolion style not diu" copied to my clipboard to deploy for several days before so i think some of us are a touch defensive :laugh:

Anyway I really, really loved it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
pretty sure I've seen the old OVA's director JoJo art on twitter and he's really good so yeah i'd go see him at a con

holding a man's feet to the fire for a bad thing he made ten years ago is dumb af imo

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
longer than that, it first came out in 1993

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the creator of fairly odd parents is posting his snakeskin pants jotaro/fairly odd parents fanart to r/stardustcrusaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5HBl5G8OGU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013