Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Coldforge posted:

People who've played the game a bit, please check one:

[ ] Too busy playing this good game to respond
[ ] The game is fun and may be worth buying
[ ] The game is fun but janky as gently caress, maybe skip it
[ ] Oh god why did I waste my money on this

[X] It's become painfully obvious that my GTX 760 isn't quite cutting it anymore. :smith:

Oh well, thank the Lord for Amazon Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Game is good. The only thing that disappoints me is in the opening where the Ring is immediately stripped from you. What a huge cop-out. Otherwise this is so far everything I wanted and more.

PC port is also good, at least for me. No issues at all so far and kb/m controls are real good.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Nemesis diff seems much harder than last game and I'm loving it, getting my rear end kicked by orcs 10 levels above me.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Seems to make good use of extra vram if you have a high-end card.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress, this game is loving awesome.

Runs amazingly, even better than the first game somehow?! I'm getting frames I never even knew existed. (70+ instead of the usual 60 wtf)
I love the menus for the options and how it shows you what everything does.

Gameplay wise this is SoM perfected, I think they even out-Batmanned the Arkham games as far as everything is even concerned.
gently caress, I'm going to being playing this for a while.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

[X] It's become painfully obvious that my GTX 760 isn't quite cutting it anymore. :smith:

Rocking a 660Ti. I suppose I shall get this for PS4 and ask for a new card for christmas!

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
This might sound weird but something about this game just looks noticeably worse than the original. I don't know if it is the lighting or shading or what...maybe there's some kind of day one bug? I'm running on a 1080 ti with everything maxed and it is just strangely disappointing. The game play so far has been fun - already died twice to the same dude and now I will obsessively hunt him for probably an hour.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Game's real freaking good. Playing on Nemesis difficulty, and I've died a bunch in just two hours, it's great. Cut a guy's limbs off in revenge for him killing me, and then he came back later with prosthetic limbs, talking about how his buddies put him back together but I was the one who made him The Machine. Then I beat him and cut off the rest of his limbs, I hope he comes back again fully orc-cyborg. Didn't think to take any pictures, though. Unfortunately, I have to work early tomorrow, but boy is this fun so far!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Incredulous Dylan posted:

This might sound weird but something about this game just looks noticeably worse than the original. I don't know if it is the lighting or shading or what...maybe there's some kind of day one bug? I'm running on a 1080 ti with everything maxed and it is just strangely disappointing. The game play so far has been fun - already died twice to the same dude and now I will obsessively hunt him for probably an hour.

Yeah. I'm on a 1070 and some of the textures kind of look washed out and unrealistic. It runs awesome and plays great though.

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
I guess I shouldn't have bought a key from g2a,it will probably take loving forever to get it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i got this guy out of my free Silver loot box and i love him

hes axe-cessorizing

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Silly question but may be worth asking - you've selected an FPS above 30 in the options menu right?

unfortunately this was the second menu option i started tinkering with. tried everything in the game menu, I went ahead and reinstalled all my audio drivers and video drivers in safe mode, scanned files (1 verified and was reacquired twice) still no luck. I had preloaded, so my guess at this point is that something went wrong during the unpack process and something is corrupted, so I'm just gonna download it again. I've got tuesday off so i'm just gonna keep thinking of things to get this sucker running.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Well it was nice of them to unlock the game a day early! Really digging it so far. Nemesis System Spoilers: I had a Feral Destroyer captain jump me, used his claw bullshit to down me instantly, then denied me a Last Chance. Literally from the moment he was on the screen, it was a 15 second death cutscene. Obviously, I went straight after him when I respawned. While fighting him in the middle of an alarmed outpost (at level four, on hard, like a moron) ANOTHER ambushing motherfucker shows up, this time a Berserker who is unblockable and enraged by being vaulted over. They kill me very fast. Obviously, I went straight after the second ambusher, and noticed something on the map. Both of the ambushers were at the same spot, scheming over a map together. These motherfuckers became friends after they killed me.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Anyone else only have 3 arrows after moving away from the first map? I feel like I used to have more

Orv
May 4, 2011

Piell posted:

Anyone else only have 3 arrows after moving away from the first map? I feel like I used to have more

Arrow and health max seem to be determined by the RPG loot now, make sure you don't have some weird bow equipped with some low ammo high damage gimmick, or something of that sort.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
I noticed this game unlocked at midnight for me and decided to pop on to see if it works okay before I went to be. It's now 5:20 in the morning and I have slain hundreds of orcs. This is Arkham combat perfected, pretty much. I have a real problem with Arkham games where it seems slow and plodding, just timing strikes and waiting for counter opportunities. I don't know what they've done with this game but swordfighting hordes of orcs is fast. Enemies attack really often, and in groups, and the counter timing is quite small. You dodgeroll, stun, counter, dive and slash in all directions. It's loving great.

As for the Nemesis system, I've already encountered a Defender orc with a tower shield and halberd who can only be attacked from behind like in the first game, but who adapted to my attempts to vault over him after the fifth go and blocked them from thereafter. Apparently enemies learn in combat now??? Another orc I met was a 'Trickster' and could apparently teleport and do a weird matrix dodge away from my sword blows, moving away to fire a machinegun crossbow loaded with poison. He dropped flashbangs and when I got him to 0 health he did a 'Tricky Escape' and ninja hosed off in a cutscene while taunting me. I'm gonna go loving kill him.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nemesis difficulty is actually hard and I'm very glad after I didn't die very much in the first game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Piell posted:

Its based on your equipped ranged weapon

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Doodmons posted:

I noticed this game unlocked at midnight for me and decided to pop on to see if it works okay before I went to be. It's now 5:20 in the morning and I have slain hundreds of orcs. This is Arkham combat perfected, pretty much. I have a real problem with Arkham games where it seems slow and plodding, just timing strikes and waiting for counter opportunities. I don't know what they've done with this game but swordfighting hordes of orcs is fast. Enemies attack really often, and in groups, and the counter timing is quite small. You dodgeroll, stun, counter, dive and slash in all directions. It's loving great.

As for the Nemesis system, I've already encountered a Defender orc with a tower shield and halberd who can only be attacked from behind like in the first game, but who adapted to my attempts to vault over him after the fifth go and blocked them from thereafter. Apparently enemies learn in combat now??? Another orc I met was a 'Trickster' and could apparently teleport and do a weird matrix dodge away from my sword blows, moving away to fire a machinegun crossbow loaded with poison. He dropped flashbangs and when I got him to 0 health he did a 'Tricky Escape' and ninja hosed off in a cutscene while taunting me. I'm gonna go loving kill him.

Yeah, I think they made combat more lethal.
Really feels like TTK orcs is a lot shorter than it was in the first game, I love it.

Atown
Aug 10, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Please elaborate -- I was thinking about getting this, but not if that involves upgrading from my GTX 760.

Thanks!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If it's not playable at reasonable quality on a 970 then I might as well just xbox it. :/

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Mailer posted:

If it's not playable at reasonable quality on a 970 then I might as well just xbox it. :/

It almost certainly will be. My 1060 handles it just fine at max settings @1080p, and the 1060 is not THAT much more powerful than a 970.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

I'm playing on a 970 and It's pretty much always at 60 fps on a mix of ultra and high settings. The game is really well optimized, just like the first one.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So, heads up, you should really take some time out of your day to execute a drake that is on the ground.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Atown posted:

Please elaborate -- I was thinking about getting this, but not if that involves upgrading from my GTX 760.

Thanks!

The game auto-detected everything at around Medium or so, but with the recommended settings I'm struggling to crack 40 FPS with quite a bit of slowdown. I suppose you could bring it down to Low, but even at Medium the game looks noticeably worse and runs a lot slower than Shadow of Mordor.

If you're ok with that, I'm sure it's a fantastic game, but I was planning on upgrading my card anyway and this gave me a pretty good reason to stop procrastinating!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Well im done for the night. When I quit it told me there were new update stuff and that it might erase my saves or something but im too tired to worry about that.

All in all pretty good so far.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mailer posted:

970 with a pretty old i5 3350 and 8gbs of ram, game's a mix of high and ultra and it runs flawlessly at 70+ fps.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I should not have made this guy with two fire axes my nemesis from the forge!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Holy hell some of the orcs that are generated in this game...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The orcs are the true heroes of this game. I really hope there's a DLC with a playable Orc.

I'm probably gonna take the plunge and buy this one. Any recommendations on difficulty level? I found the first game got a bit easy towards the end, and it'd probably be better to encourage actually getting killed every now and again rather than having to mess with Orcs to make my own fun.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Nemesis is a good difficulty. I don't usually play on the hardest difficulties but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

The orcs are the true heroes of this game. I really hope there's a DLC with a playable Orc.

I'm probably gonna take the plunge and buy this one. Any recommendations on difficulty level? I found the first game got a bit easy towards the end, and it'd probably be better to encourage actually getting killed every now and again rather than having to mess with Orcs to make my own fun.

I'm playing on normal and I've still died a couple times. poo poo gets hectic.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i keep failing last chances because im using a ps3 controller on a pc so it shows the xbox prompts lol

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Orv posted:

Online Vendettas not only pay out in gold loot chests (two guaranteed epics of the level of the orc you killed) but also in a Legendary set.

Horrifyingly, they're also just fun.

Yep! The vendetta target for me was mortally vulnerable to executions so I stalked around him picking off chumps to get my RIP AND TEAR bar maxed out, wraith flip jumped over him and the second I landed, sliced his head off.

Being able to pocket executions and open with them is loving amazing.

Sometimes it looks a little off to me, especially human characters. Like their models are full bright or something? I'm also creeping around in the second area that's all caves and ash and poo poo so not a real huge color palette to be had :v:

Mailer posted:

I'm on a 970 and playing at 1920x1200 with everything set to high, trucking along anywhere between 60 to 80FPS somehow.

gently caress me this game is radical, my only qualm is the native PS4 support seems to be lacking rumble.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I made a thing :D!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsTfOiBoAfY

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just had enough time to get it set up and run a benchmark, but just based on that, is it me or is this game not exactly blowing anything out of the water graphically? It's certainly not ugly by any margin, but after watching the benchmark my first reaction was "... huh. Looks... okay, I guess?"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I managed to gently caress up mind-reading a worm in the tutorial level and now I have a shadowy image with no knowledge to work with.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 10, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

I managed to gently caress up mind-reading a worm in the tutorial level and now I have a shadowy image with no knowledge to work with.

Restart and skip the cutscenes, should only take four or five minutes to get back to that point, you can just sprint into Shelob's cave.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

If things look fuzzy/washed out, you might want to check and make sure that the dynamic resolution option is set to disabled in the options: at least for me it wound up being overly conservative, so I was getting reduced resolutions even in places like the army screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I also got a save warning saying I should delete it or something, so I'll reinstall.

• Locked thread