Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lord Hydronium posted:

Columbus was so terrible a person as Governor, and did such lovely things to the natives, that Spain had him arrested. The Spain that gave us conquistadors and Cortez and Pizarro thought Columbus was a bit much.

Columbus' deal with Spain gave him 10% of all wealth acquired in the lands he discovered and the crown wanted that poo poo all to themselves. It was really just a convenient excuse for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So did anything of note happen in tonight's games?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

So did anything of note happen in tonight's games?

John Fox continued to be employed?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

FizFashizzle posted:

John Fox continued to be employed?

Fuckin' tell me about it.

:suicide:

Wish they'd fire the strength and conditioning team while they're at it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

An issue so potent it was used for a comedy episode of the Sopranos.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ugato posted:

This is wonderful.

In a nutshell yet another example of why I don't take the alt-lite on /pol/ and r/The_Donald as a serious threat.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

NFL chat: Joe buck can go gently caress himself with a cactus.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Every day for at least the last calendar year.

More like decade and a half

We Must Retaliate With Blind Rage vs. We Must Retaliate With Measured, Focused Rage

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...a0823e5c8b.html

Someone did the crime of being beaten while being black.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Phoix posted:

It took them 6 hours to realize what they had done.

https://twitter.com/DOGGEAUX/status/917558109370904578

I wish I could enjoy watching these chucklefucks kicking themselves in the dick like I did during the campaign when we all had eight years of Dread Abuela to look forward to

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Maybe we'll get the Decade of Duckworth in a few years.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Eltoasto posted:

Not really, NFL owners know they can outlast in the players in any strike, especially in a sport with such short careers. They spend the time between labor contract negotiations to build issues that players want changed so that they can then exchange those compromises for more money in the labor deal. But "privileged black millionaire athletes" was always the lowest hanging fruit for Trump, and the owners and media were sure to go along with it by never talking about the actual reason for the protests.

It's a sad reminder that, in the eyes of Americans, black lives don't matter.

White centrist: well, then they should do a protest saying they do matter!

Everyone with brains cells (the non-white left): :thunk:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FizFashizzle posted:

Again, Trump is picking stupid culture war battles and winning them

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/917586407274766336

Winning? Hardly.

The rich were never on our side. The team owners were never on our side. The "White Ally" players were never on our side.

Who was?

The majority of the American people. The true fans of the NFL. The heart and soul of the country.

They can change the dumb rule, but nothing has changed. Americans tuned in specifically see people take a knee. People despite the NFL for making that rule. The vocal majority supported them taking a knee. Trump won nothing but generating scorn and getting some rich fools to capitulate and suck his orange cheeto.

But, even then, his name, his face, his entire image was dragged through the mud week after week until this rule was made. The people shouted for joy watching him embarrassed. There is not a single true American who supports this rule change, but it matters not: true Americans saw the president embarrased and defeated. This rule change is nothing more than ointment for 3rd degree burns that will never heal.

Trump LOST this war, he merely won a pointless battle.

There is nothing to fear, my comrades, from this rule change, only victory to bask in.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Pssst...hey buddy, you want guac bowl?
https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/917572419161870342?s=09

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

This stuff still exists?! (and they want money for it?!)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You'd think they'd ship it out to fuckoffsville with all the Cleveland 2016 World Series Champion gear.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ban all football

baseball too

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

farraday posted:

Based on 18 sources.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/917540485308272641

They're actively taunting him, and it's great.

quote:

The president has given no indication publicly that he is mulling another change and over the weekend heaped praise on Kelly. “John Kelly is one of the best people I’ve ever worked with,” Trump told reporters Saturday. “He’s doing an incredible job, and he told me for the last two months he loves it more than anything he’s ever done. . . . He will be here, in my opinion, for the entire seven remaining years.”

:rip: in pieces

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I have irony poisoning so I think I'd love to have some Jeb! gear

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

For sale: campaign buttons, never worn

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jesus, this presidency is a textbook abusive relationship.

This is exactly what you need to do with an abusive parent/spouse: keep em' distracted and pray they don't notice you or get mad.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/917595512781631488

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. :smug:

...oh, they were in a police station, a place literally filled with good guys with guns?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Josh Lyman posted:

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. :smug:

...oh, they were in a police station, a place literally filled with good guys with guns?

Weird, you'd think the good guys with guns would have been crowded out by the police.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Something I've been wondering about is why the police unions in the US aren't screaming to the heavens 24/7 for increased gun control. It seems that if anyone were to obviously benefit from that, it would be cops.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Slashrat posted:

Something I've been wondering about is why the police unions in the US aren't screaming to the heavens 24/7 for increased gun control. It seems that if anyone were to obviously benefit from that, it would be cops.
Cops think the badge and Glock make them superhuman. They know that they can shoot first, not ask questions later, and get away with it.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Slashrat posted:

Because police unions are a wholly owned subsidiary of the right wing political machine. They fall in line like everybody else.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slashrat posted:

Because it's never been safer to be a cop. It's not more dangerous for them, it's more dangerous for us. They get to use it as justification for absolutely anything at all while crying like their job is so dangerous even though it actually isn't.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Slashrat posted:

I imagine it's a combination of three things:

1. The cops (in their minds) only have to deal with criminals who have guns, and they're not afraid to break the law, so if we outlaw guns they'll just get guns illegally anyway
2. Cops have to have some training with their guns, and just as Econ 101 suddenly turns every college freshman into an economic expert, this minimal training likely leaves them thinking they're hot poo poo who could outgun any black kid criminal who tries to shoot at them, so why bother?
3. More guns on the street means more opportunities to demonstrate their superior marksmanship from 2

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If all the videos outside of non-properly trained SWAT ie; HRT, cops shooting people is to be believed they can only reliability their target at point blank range. Anything beyond melee range results in a cartoonish spray of lead.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slashrat posted:

some sheriffs and highway patrol associations that are still relatively apolitical are in favor of gun control to varying degrees

oohhboy posted:

If all the videos outside of non-properly trained SWAT ie; HRT, cops shooting people is to be believed they can only reliability their target at point blank range.

or in the case of nypd not even then

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cops are mostly right wing white supremacist organizations who believe that the government is untrustworthy now that nonwhites are allowed to vote, so the Right Kind of individuals need guns to keep them in line and a justice system that makes sure the Right Kind of people (cops especially) don't go to jail for murdering minorities no matter how flimsy the excuse.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

The Muppets On PCP posted:

some sheriffs and highway patrol associations that are still relatively apolitical are in favor of gun control to varying degrees

Sorta the opposite really. Police-related organizations that are for gun control tend to be the ones that represent a lot of elected sheriffs/politically appointed chiefs in jurisdictions where you probably don't get elected without at least lip service to gun control regardless of your party. Organizations representing more career path LE tend to be less so.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Cops are mostly right wing white supremacist organizations who believe that the government is untrustworthy now that nonwhites are allowed to vote, so the Right Kind of individuals need guns to keep them in line and a justice system that makes sure the Right Kind of people (cops especially) don't go to jail for murdering minorities no matter how flimsy the excuse.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/vi...comments=disqus

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

VitalSigns posted:

This is why I bring up allowing non-violent felons a way to legally restore their right to own guns.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Our president is awake.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917695847063805952

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917698839846576130

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917694644481413120

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
He's all over the place this morning. Bringing on all the classics.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/917701841466593280

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Ahahaha yes tax the NFL, do it Donnie

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can't wait to see how Donnie uses his presidential powers to give me "HealthCare."

The hosed up capitalization means it's for sure him, right? Unless it's some jank autocorrect thing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

business hammocks posted:

Can't wait to see how Donnie uses his presidential powers to give me "HealthCare."

The hosed up capitalization means it's for sure him, right? Unless it's some jank autocorrect thing?

Oh it's him, a bunch of tweets machine gunned out within a short period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I'm sure it's his staff tweeting random bullshit at 630 in the morning.

• Locked thread