Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ty Mont and Jones are gonna get like 10-12 touches a piece and everyone will want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/917583495467356160

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sterling Shepard suddenly has become the golden ticket

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“Doltos”" post="“477229482”"]
Sterling Shepard suddenly has become the golden ticket
[/quote]

That's a sweepstakes I want no part of

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

kiimo posted:

Ty Montgomery has had one game in his career better than Jones' game yesterday. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying they're wrong.
Jones' day is a little misleading, especially when compared to Montgomery, as the Packers' o-line dominated up front against Dallas.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/917404872663883776

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I guess my decision to keep John Brown instead of picking up Jerick McKinnon will, once again, be the wrong decision.

One of the things I'm learning to love about FF is how arbitrary and meaningless everything is.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need a defense this week and these are available:

Jacksonville v LA Rams
Washington v SF
Atlanta v Miami

Leaning Washington

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

Jacksonville v LA Rams
Washington v SF
Atlanta v Miami

Leaning Washington

Pick up Jax, use rest of season

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Keith Atherton posted:

Jacksonville v LA Rams
Washington v SF
Atlanta v Miami

Leaning Washington

No because their starting defense is half dead

Jacksonville.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thanks guys - snagged Jacksonville

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I hate you Watkins and Diggs.

You too Trubisky for that final int giving the Minn defense another point.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay so time to do some wheeling and dealing. Ingram for Landry in 1PPR? Pull the trigger?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I hate you Watkins and Diggs.

You too Trubisky for that final int giving the Minn defense another point.

Hello fellow person hosed by that Trubinsky INT.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hello fellow Diggs owners.

Protip:

Bench him until he is no longer on the injury report.

https://twitter.com/4for4_John/status/917593033352273921

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

How can I get one of this guys starting RBs? Non PPR

He's 3-2, I'm 5-0

Santheb fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 10, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
5-1 this week. Best week so far. :D

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Santheb posted:

How can I get one of this guys starting RBs? Non PPR

He's 3-2, I'm 5-0

By giving up one or more of the players that made you 5-0.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lost DJ, lost Powell, Hyde is in a timeshare.

This is misery. I'm probably starting Hyde and Breida this week :barf:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tiptoes posted:

Jones' day is a little misleading, especially when compared to Montgomery, as the Packers' o-line dominated up front against Dallas.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/917404872663883776

Yea Montgomery honestly wouldve done the same thing. Jones took what was given but doesnt look special, Dallas run defense is trash. They just cant hide it like last year since their running game isnt getting going until the second half

That said, its likely still a timeshare going forward which suuuuuuucks

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Dropped Paul Richardson and picked up Jerick McKinnon because my RBs are even worse than my WRs

Current team - Yahoo 12 team no PPR 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX

QB Kirk Cousins
QB Deshaun Watson
WR Julio Jones
WR Tyreek Hill
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Tyrell Williams
RB Jordan Howard
RB Mark Ingram
RB Mike Gillislee
RB Jerick McKinnon
TE Kyle Rudolph

Need to trade away one of my QBs - who would you keep ROS?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I have a dynasty trade question. I was offered a trade for my Jordy Nelson for his Sammy Watkins provided I could "add something major in between". I am not really competitive at all this year (2-3) and I am definitely interested in making my roster younger.

I am thinking of offering Shady and Jordy for Sammy and one of his 2019-picks. My league values youth a lot so I think this is the last time I can get any value for them. I have several first rounders for next year's draft but I'm not really sure if I want to give any of those up. Am I setting the bar too high by giving up too much right away? I don't think he'll go for less than Jordy and an equivalent first round pick.

I'm not even in love with Watkins I just really need to get younger on WR since my top guys right now are Jordy, DeSean and Wallace all of which could die and retire during pretty much any play.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Watkins has been hurt a lot. I would not give up Jordy straight up for him. WRs can last a long time, too. Nelson is 32, he's not done yet, he's on one of the best passing offenses in the league, and if your league overly values youth you can win championships by hoarding elite players in their last few years of service.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Watkins has been hurt a lot. I would not give up Jordy straight up for him. WRs can last a long time, too. Nelson is 32, he's not done yet, he's on one of the best passing offenses in the league, and if your league overly values youth you can win championships by hoarding elite players in their last few years of service.

Except his top WRs are Jordy, DJax, and Mike Wallace. That isn't winning anything.

Jordy and a 1st equivalent value for Watkins is decent, just depends on whether you think Watkins lives up to his talent ever or not.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

dkj posted:

By giving up one or more of the players that made you 5-0.

Well thats because its week 5 and I've had around 300 points against total lol.

Would Hogan or Thomas and Ty Mont be enough for Fournette or would it have to be both WRs? My trade experience is really limited.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

Dropped Paul Richardson and picked up Jerick McKinnon because my RBs are even worse than my WRs

QB Kirk Cousins
QB Deshaun Watson

I have both of these guys in my 12 man league as well. I think you keep Cousins through week 8 and then trade him. Watson's only really bad match up the rest of the season is Seattle week 8 outside of Jax week 15 but the trade deadline will have passed by then. Keep Kirk for the bye week and Dallas in week 8 then try and get an upgrade elsewhere, probably with a 2for1.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see MNF, how did Cohen look?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kazak_Hstan posted:

He didn't do anything - 10 yards rushing or thereabouts

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Criminally underused. I may have to bench him for the foreseeable

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I have a dynasty trade question. I was offered a trade for my Jordy Nelson for his Sammy Watkins provided I could "add something major in between". I am not really competitive at all this year (2-3) and I am definitely interested in making my roster younger.

I am thinking of offering Shady and Jordy for Sammy and one of his 2019-picks. My league values youth a lot so I think this is the last time I can get any value for them. I have several first rounders for next year's draft but I'm not really sure if I want to give any of those up. Am I setting the bar too high by giving up too much right away? I don't think he'll go for less than Jordy and an equivalent first round pick.

I'm not even in love with Watkins I just really need to get younger on WR since my top guys right now are Jordy, DeSean and Wallace all of which could die and retire during pretty much any play.

I wouldn't do Jordy for Watkins straight up, nevermind you adding more to the trade. Look elsewhere.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Suave Fedora posted:

Criminally underused. I may have to bench him for the foreseeable

Reminder:

JOHN

FOX

HAAAAAAATES

ROOKIES

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Was proposed this trade and undecided.

1ppr 6paTD

Give: Diggs
Get: Cousins & Garcon

Current Roster:
QB: Tyrod (bye), Luck (dead)
RB: Bell, Fortunette, Allen, Brieda, Gillislee
WR: Adams, Cooper, Watkins, Diggs, J Brown
TE: Ertz

I'm torn so need some help.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

How soon can I start panicking on Doug Baldwin and Larry Fitzgerald? I drafted three WRs with my first four picks and was hyped to have Antonio Brown plus those two but they've each given me one great week surrounded by a bunch of "meh." I'm thinking of trying to package one along with one of my many RB2s (McCaffrey, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Aaron Jones, Gore) for a guy like Hogan.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Keith Atherton posted:

QB Kirk Cousins
QB Deshaun Watson

Hard choice. I think Cousins has the higher floor, and potentially the higher ceiling.

Alfalfa posted:

Was proposed this trade and undecided.

1ppr 6paTD

Give: Diggs
Get: Cousins & Garcon

Current Roster:
QB: Tyrod (bye), Luck (dead)
RB: Bell, Fortunette, Allen, Brieda, Gillislee
WR: Adams, Cooper, Watkins, Diggs, J Brown
TE: Ertz

I'm torn so need some help.

Not a fan of this trade, personally. I think you'd be better of shopping Luck and streaming. Diggs is a funny player; he has a massive correlation between playing like poo poo and being on the injury report.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

on the bored wop posted:

How soon can I start panicking on Doug Baldwin and Larry Fitzgerald? I drafted three WRs with my first four picks and was hyped to have Antonio Brown plus those two but they've each given me one great week surrounded by a bunch of "meh." I'm thinking of trying to package one along with one of my many RB2s (McCaffrey, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Aaron Jones, Gore) for a guy like Hogan.

I have both:

Carson Palmer is leading the league in pass attempts and Larry is 4th in the league in targets (3rd in receptions). He's obviously better in PPR than standard but I would still hold.

I would not offer Doug + any of those RB2s for Hogan. If I had Hogan I would accept that immediately. I think Hogan comes back down to earth. He's on pace to score like 18 touchdowns which is ludicrous (only one WR has had more than 20 in like 5 years or something). I would aim for a higher WR1 like Jordy or Mike Evans.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 10, 2017

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

As a result of Brees' bye and Mariota's injury, I currently have 4 QBs in my 2QB league, Palmer and Wentz being the other two. Early reports are that Mariota is going to be a game-time decision Monday night. I'm leaning toward Brees and Palmer playing, but keeping Mariota for when he's healthy since he does have the added value of running TDs (4pt passing league). Sound right?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I picked up Deshaun Watson as a bye week replacement and now I can't drop him. Thinking about proposing a 1:1 for Davante Adams. 1QB, PPR.

Is that about the right value?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

headcase posted:

I picked up Deshaun Watson as a bye week replacement and now I can't drop him. Thinking about proposing a 1:1 for Davante Adams. 1QB, PPR.

Is that about the right value?

No, a low end QB1 is worth way less than a WR2

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

No, a low end QB1 is worth way less than a WR2

Depends on who the other guy has at qb and WR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Depends on who the other guy has at qb and WR

Nah, it really doesn't. It's a 1 QB league, and guy is trying to sell Watson on the back of a 5 touchdown to 16 completion game (or 9 touchdown to 41 completion pair of games). That's almost double the touchdown rate as Peyton had in 2013. He's for sure going to come back to earth, and likely come crashing given his o-line and being a rookie. Meanwhile, Davante Adams is around WR#8. Give me a scenario where that makes sense for the Adams owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Reminder:

JOHN

FOX

HAAAAAAATES

ROOKIES

This comment has been Trubiskied

• Locked thread