Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I have a question regarding loot boxes. So I've earned a few from doing ingame stuff, but I don't want to use the orcs inside of them. Can you exchange orcs you don't want from loot boxes for mirian or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think you can mind break them for drops.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Please note: if you ever got mad at Legolas surfing on a shield or elephant nose when watching the movies, this game will give your lore titty an awful pinch.

The games are just Talion's dying hallucinations as he bleeds out from a gut wound. You can forgive him bending the laws of physics a bit.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I don't think Talion is displaying proper reverence for his dead son when some of these dagger drops are reskins of Acharn, other broken longswords.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Finally got this thing downloaded. I can't believe how well it runs on a laptop GPU. This is like the opposite of Arkham Knight

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Oh man, like, my fifth giant clusterfuck into Act 1: I go down and a generic Gondorian Sergeant appears out of nowhere to save me during a Last Chance. Shame I died seconds after he saved me, but it was hella cool to see. The Gondor troops are way better than I'd thought they'd be, they can beat an orc one-on-one pretty consistently.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I also got a save warning saying I should delete it or something, so I'll reinstall.

It's just a bug. I've had the message a couple of times to no actual effect.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Viridiant posted:

I have a question regarding loot boxes. So I've earned a few from doing ingame stuff, but I don't want to use the orcs inside of them. Can you exchange orcs you don't want from loot boxes for mirian or something?

I'm pretty sure when you go to your amy viewer thing there's an option to "destroy for gear" or something.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Playing this on a 670 GTX, which is the minimum spec.

Game runs ridiculously well. Obviously not on Ultra, but a mix of medium and high settings at 1080. Pretty pleased.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Pretty amazing that every negative review on steam is parroting either Sterling or TB, yet it's still at 83%.

Psst, hey inflammatory dipshits, you're still losing this war to games that are good and fun.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Haha I think the radiant system already 'broke'. Very early in Cirith Ungol me and Gollum hunt down Shag the Assassin (unsure if this is always the same guy a la the story mission captains in the first game, but mine was named Shag). Talion gives a big speech about stopping him to save the girl, Celebrimbor doesn't care, the usual, then we kill him and are treated to a cutscene of Gollum smashing his face in. And then, twenty minutes later during a random death threat mission, Shag ambushes me on the fortress ramparts and says he was hired to kill me and proceeds to gently caress with me then run away giggling when I drop his health low. This happens again twice, once like ten feet from a story mission checkpoint as if he was just waiting for me. Talion no longer gives a poo poo that the orc gunning for his new girlfriend is still very much alive and on the hunt.

Also, this game loving owns and so far is everything I wanted at the end of the first one. They actually made caragors useful! I didn't unlock all the upgrade tiers in just under a few hours! A bard orc killed me with tiny twin crossbows!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Won’t be able to touch it until tonight but this thread seems encouraging. First game was loving awesome and this seems like just as good if not better?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy poo poo there a LOT of abilities. Thankfully there are lots of sources of skill points.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
If you liked the first one your going to love the gently caress out of this game why are you reading this go play the game

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Scarecow posted:

If you liked the first one your going to love the gently caress out of this game why are you reading this go play the game

Because i'm at work, gently caress you :(

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Intro: Why did I give her the Ring again? I'm like 80% certain I could kill a giant spider (as long as said spider doesn't have a Ring).

I'm choosing to believe that the 'fair form' is 100% illusion. Shelob was a spider for the entire cutscene.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Lone Badger posted:

Intro: Why did I give her the Ring again? I'm like 80% certain I could kill a giant spider (as long as said spider doesn't have a Ring).

I'm choosing to believe that the 'fair form' is 100% illusion. Shelob was a spider for the entire cutscene.

She was going to kill Celebrimbor otherwise and Talion needs him to take on Sauron.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Played a whole bunch, gotta sleep now. 2 questions;

1: anyone know if Ologs spawn in the open world at all? I want to have all Olog armies but finding ones to die to is difficult as hell.

2: if a Captain gets the 'Iron Will' trait is there any way to get rid of it to brand them. I have this super rad Olog who keeps coming back from the dead all stiched up but I cant brand him :(

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Neatest thing for me, toward the end of Act 1:

Your savegame data from the first game (if you played it) will generate your nemesis from the first game as the boss in the Arena mission. I saw his name pop up and I was like Holy poo poo...

Really enjoying the game so far. Definitely worth a buy.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Am I being dense or is there no indication which orc is running to light an alarm beacon? I get the prompt to stop the alarm being raised, but can't see which orc is going for it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Won't let me take supersampled screenshots but oh well it's still an awesome tool.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Oh man, the same motherfucker keeps killing me. And now he's picked himself up a blood brother who's half his level but immune to executions and vaulting. These two are real fuckin' pricks and I'm almost tempted to brand one and make them fight to the death.

Game fuckin rules, y'all.

Btw, (Funny Uruk spoiler)some captain ambushed me and starting spitting rhymes like he's Gato from Chrono Trigger. I almost felt bad going full Rip And Tear on him.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Game is rad, got two things to say:

1. I met an orc with the title The Thinker, he didn't speak but had a hype man talking him up instead. I dunno how that happened but it was awesome.

2. Has anyone successfully parried an Olog? I haven't been able to once (on their blue telegraphed attacks).

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Only just started playing

Do you have to unlock execution moves? The floor one is way too slow and ATM it seems like I basically just have to do that or batter orcs to death with a dozen sword attacks each

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

nopantsjack posted:

Do you have to unlock execution moves? The floor one is way too slow and ATM it seems like I basically just have to do that or batter orcs to death with a dozen sword attacks each

It's the first skill in the combat/ranger/whatever branch.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

nopantsjack posted:

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

It's the first skill in the combat/ranger/whatever branch.

Also theres an upgrade to make floor executions faster

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wolfsheim posted:

Haha I think the radiant system already 'broke'. Very early in Cirith Ungol me and Gollum hunt down Shag the Assassin (unsure if this is always the same guy a la the story mission captains in the first game, but mine was named Shag). Talion gives a big speech about stopping him to save the girl, Celebrimbor doesn't care, the usual, then we kill him and are treated to a cutscene of Gollum smashing his face in. And then, twenty minutes later during a random death threat mission, Shag ambushes me on the fortress ramparts and says he was hired to kill me and proceeds to gently caress with me then run away giggling when I drop his health low. This happens again twice, once like ten feet from a story mission checkpoint as if he was just waiting for me. Talion no longer gives a poo poo that the orc gunning for his new girlfriend is still very much alive and on the hunt.

Also, this game loving owns and so far is everything I wanted at the end of the first one. They actually made caragors useful! I didn't unlock all the upgrade tiers in just under a few hours! A bard orc killed me with tiny twin crossbows!

The Assassin was different for me named Grom. He ended up actually dying from the flies I droped on him. But like you came back. But way way more hosed up as a result of the flies going into him.

Also just ran into my Nemisis from the first game. He is loving me up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roach Warehouse posted:

Game is rad, got two things to say:

1. I met an orc with the title The Thinker, he didn't speak but had a hype man talking him up instead. I dunno how that happened but it was awesome.

2. Has anyone successfully parried an Olog? I haven't been able to once (on their blue telegraphed attacks).

You parry them with Wraith stun.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I loaded up Nemesis Forge and it says my Nemesis is some rando I fought once. There's another Warchief who I fought and killed like 8 times so that now his face is just bloody bandages with one eye-hole named Skak Jaws, and I'd much rather he be my nemesis. How do I make this happen?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Devorum posted:

I loaded up Nemesis Forge and it says my Nemesis is some rando I fought once. There's another Warchief who I fought and killed like 8 times so that now his face is just bloody bandages with one eye-hole named Skak Jaws, and I'd much rather he be my nemesis. How do I make this happen?

murder the guy it says is your nemesis until the guy you want is.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

MonsterEnvy posted:

murder the guy it says is your nemesis until the guy you want is.

Devorum posted:

Alternatively, die to your Nemesis a few times

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

You parry them with Wraith stun.

Oh duh. That'll teach me for playing with the prompts off I guess.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
They seem to have improved the Nemesis system handling a lack of death significantly. The first captain I killed suddenly became “Ronk the Survivor” on me and kept constantly popping up to harass me. After the first couple of kills turned him into a bag-headed orc, he managed a couple of escapes because I bungled the last chance circle prompt on him. Felt VERY satisfing to finally chop his head off. Between that, the faster refill of slain captains, and the timer making captains pass their quests, it feels like I’m getting much more pressure even though I haven’t technically died yet or done the “advance time” thing, definitely better than when you could practically empty the field of captains in the first game. Their ability to adapt keeps things much tenser too, no more spamming one clever move (though it gets a little nightmarish when a defender suddenly blocks vaulting or a berserker blocks the wraith stun). I’m definitely not staying unkilled much longer in this game.

MadDogMike fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 10, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
My Nemesis from the first game feels unbeatable now that I am fighting him in Shadow of War. He does tons of damage with tons of poison. And he gives no last chance. His only weakness is caragors but he also has beast slayer so he kills them before he can be dazed or anything. He is also a defender with Hate of Arcobatics so if I jump him he gets enraged and thats the only reliable way of hurting him.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.
I've got this crazy bug where the audio and cutscenes are sped to like 400% speed. Anyone have this same problem and offer any solutions that aren't reinstalling a 70GB game?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ganeen posted:

I've got this crazy bug where the audio and cutscenes are sped to like 400% speed. Anyone have this same problem and offer any solutions that aren't reinstalling a 70GB game?

Usual thing to do is verify your game files through steam and then it should only redownload the broken poo poo.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
My first impression was that holy poo poo there's way too many cutscenes and too much plot in the beginning, but as soon as the game drops you into the open world I remembered why the first game was so good.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I just played for about 45 mins at lunch and my impressions so far are story balls, everything else good. So much like the first one.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Just fought Ronk the singing Orc Assassin. Dude fought with a lute-axe.

GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Welp I'm definitely getting this game today - I may as well take the plunge and get the Gold edition, which I assume is the "plus season pass" version?

I've never used Green Man Gaming before, what's the catch? Getting 25% off the Gold would be extremely my kind of poo poo

• Locked thread