Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i finally got my 3ds streaming stuff to work (though it's the lovely homebrew way and not the actual good hardmod way) so I'm now excited for USUM so i can stream them for my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

do a nuzlock. gwhahaha

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Mef989 posted:

Can you even redeem more than one per game anyway? I got 9 codes today but will probably only use two; one for each of my Sun and Moon games. I'll probably end up giving the rest out here.

I'd love a code if you do give them out here :).

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mef989 posted:

Can you even redeem more than one per game anyway? I got 9 codes today but will probably only use two; one for each of my Sun and Moon games. I'll probably end up giving the rest out here.

Each game can only use a code for the same gift once. I always kind of wondered how it knows that without locking the code as redeemed when trying though.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Hrist posted:

Each game can only use a code for the same gift once. I always kind of wondered how it knows that without locking the code as redeemed when trying though.
It does lock the code as redeemed, I thought, which is why if your console turns off partway through the checking process you're poo poo out of luck.

EDIT: I do appreciate how much easier it is to get event legendaries and mythicals than in the early days, though. Remember when the Mew glitch was a really big deal because going to Glitch City and doing this and that to set the number of the pokemon you'd catch to Mew's number was way easier and more accessible than properly getting Mew through an event? I also love that the first gen was basically held together with duct tape and the tears of game developers so as to get as much use as possible out of the available memory, which is the thing that enabled so many fantastic glitches in the first place. Like it's not that the game was poorly coded so much as shortcuts and stuff HAD to be made to even fit the game on there.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 10, 2017

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PetraCore posted:

It does lock the code as redeemed, I thought, which is why if your console turns off partway through the checking process you're poo poo out of luck.

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I meant it doesn't lock the second code used on a game that already has the gift.

I might be remembering it wrong though. But I thought I tried 2 mew codes in one game during the anniversary codes, and the second still worked when I text'd it to my friend after that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Hrist posted:

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I meant it doesn't lock the second code used on a game that already has the gift.

I might be remembering it wrong though. But I thought I tried 2 mew codes in one game during the anniversary codes, and the second still worked when I text'd it to my friend after that.
Huh! Well that's interesting.

I completely missed all the anniversary legendary and mythical re-releases. Honestly I don't care about most of them because I've never seen the movies they're in or had a chance to use them, but mew... mew.

:sadpeanut:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

PetraCore posted:

Legit disappointed that I can't nickname my punch ghost because of the delivery method. :(

Can't you take it to the name rater?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Parrotine posted:

Glad you got the reference buddy :thumbsup:

Thank you, now you can get back to writing birthday cards for your grandchildren and taking your pills

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

ShadeofBlue posted:

I'll get you one for sure. Just let me get home and I'll PM you a code.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I want a game where each mon has three sprites, and when entering a battle against sprite or pose or whatever is chosen randomly. This would really freshen up the endless battle tree.
OK maybe not ALL Pokémon. I mean how many poses can a Kingdra make? Just randomize some of the visuals a bit.

Also what I would give for the option to pick "random" as a music option for the battle tree.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

do a nuzlock. gwhahaha

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Dizz posted:

Can't you take it to the name rater?

You can only change the name of pokemon you're the OT for. The event Marshadow has the OT of "MT. Tensei", so no renaming. :(

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Ziddar posted:

You can only change the name of pokemon you're the OT for. The event Marshadow has the OT of "MT. Tensei", so no renaming. :(
It's really dumb. You could nickname Magearna because you counted as the OT for that.

I mean I'm still glad I got Marshadow but I'm sad I can't give Marshadow a dumb name.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ziddar posted:

Breaking news: next region to be based on Tensei, Montana: "Home of the 295th largest deviled egg festival west of the Mississippi"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

PetraCore posted:

It's really dumb. You could nickname Magearna because you counted as the OT for that.

I mean I'm still glad I got Marshadow but I'm sad I can't give Marshadow a dumb name.

I'm sad I can't name mine 'Dead Beat'

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

ShadeofBlue posted:

Check your PMs :)

If anyone else wants a code, I've got 4 extra. I'd rather give them to people who can't make it to a GameStop themselves, but there's no way to verify that so I guess post if you want a code and just honor code that you aren't near a GameStop or something?

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 10, 2017

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mef989 posted:

If anyone else wants a code, I've got 4 extra. I'd rather give them to people who can't make it to a GameStop themselves, but there's no way to verify that so I guess post if you want a code and just honor code that you aren't near a GameStop or something?

I pinky swear I don't have access to a GameStop for the next few weeks

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Mef989 posted:

If anyone else wants a code, I've got 4 extra. I'd rather give them to people who can't make it to a GameStop themselves, but there's no way to verify that so I guess post if you want a code and just pinky swear that you aren't near a GameStop or something?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Hustlin Floh posted:

I pinky swear I don't have access to a GameStop for the next few weeks

Sent your codes.

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 10, 2017

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Got it, thank you so much!
Can't wait to Fist of the Nort Star some fools.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mef989 posted:

I'll take a code, if you don't mind. I'll be busy working during all the hours the only store near me will be open. But it's fine if you want to prioritize other people first since there actually is one near here.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Hrist posted:

I'll take a code, if you don't mind. I'll be busy working during all the hours the only store near me will be open. But it's fine if you want to prioritize other people first since there actually is one near here.

I got your back. Check your PMs.

Edit: Got one left.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
im the shedinja

Lemon Head
Nov 6, 2010

Mef989 posted:

If anyone else wants a code, I’ve got 4 extra. I’d rather give them to people who can’t make it to a GameStop themselves, but there’s no way to verify that so I guess post if you want a code and just honor code that you aren’t near a GameStop or something?

I wouldn't mind a code either, if you're giving them out. The nearest GameStop is nearly an hour away from me.

Lemon Head fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 10, 2017

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Since I still have four of the Target Charizard codes left, I feel like I might as well put them up for grabs:

code:
A7A5RFGWQAZAKY64
code:
A7A5RFQDXGG5WF6M
code:
A7A5RFZELHMREHKP
code:
A7A5R85Q87WE8XLY

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

don't make popplio cry

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That's one well dressed Psyduck.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

why is kabutops' level up movepool the worst thing on the planet earth

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

dunno op. congrats on landing the job as kabutops' level up movepool by the way

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

juat kidding

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

Aristide posted:

Since I still have four of the Target Charizard codes left, I feel like I might as well put them up for grabs:

code:
A7A5RFQDXGG5WF6M

Got this one, thank you!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Aristide posted:

code:
A7A5RFGWQAZAKY64

I took a Charizard, thank you!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ruggington posted:

why is kabutops' level up movepool the worst thing on the planet earth

Pretty sure the Pidove line's is worse because it's a poor man's staraptor stat-wise but only learns special moves aside from loving Sky Attack and Facade.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm also going to end up having to look for some spare Marshadow online, because while they finally announced a distribution for Australia, there is radio silence on a New Zealand release for these things.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Crawfish posted:

I'm also going to end up having to look for some spare Marshadow online, because while they finally announced a distribution for Australia, there is radio silence on a New Zealand release for these things.

DistroMapsWithoutNZ.tumblr.com

Speaking of Marshadow!
I have FIVE spare codes I'd like to see go to people without GameStop access. Goon's Honor. To get one, tell me about your favorite moment in the games. This can be either plot or something you personally did about which you're particularly proud.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Lemon Head posted:

I wouldn't mind a code either, if you're giving them out. The nearest GameStop is nearly an hour away from me.

PM'd this morning. That was the last code for me.

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 10, 2017

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Aristide posted:

code:
A7A5R85Q87WE8XLY

I take the last one, thank you! Store distribution sucks for us living in the middle of nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Marshadow will be given out over the internet when Pokemon I Choose You comes out on DVD or Disney airs the TV Premiere